Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 247

post #3691 of 5727

Alright, thanks for the suggestions.

 

I'm trying some of the ISAM songs out, and unfortunately they seem rather compressed, although they're pretty unique sounding.

 

A couple of the BT songs I've tried from 'If the Stars Are Eternal So Are You and I' seem very compressed as well.

 

Both albums have lots of treble energy.

 

 

 

Oh, if it helps, I meant electronic in general, although you guys probably already realized that, as both these albums I wouldn't consider dance music, they're very atmospheric, which is more of what I'm aiming for.  

post #3692 of 5727
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

Alright, thanks for the suggestions.

I'm trying some of the ISAM songs out, and unfortunately they seem rather compressed, although they're pretty unique sounding.

A couple of the BT songs I've tried from 'If the Stars Are Eternal So Are You and I' seem very compressed as well.

Both albums have lots of treble energy.



Oh, if it helps, I meant electronic in general, although you guys probably already realized that, as both these albums I wouldn't consider dance music, they're very atmospheric, which is more of what I'm aiming for.  

Morceau Subrosa is honestly the best I've heard. You don't really find dynamic Electronic music often.
post #3693 of 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchjay View Post

Sorry about that. How do I embed them properly?

 

If you click the "Insert Video" button, you can copy-paste your link from youtube and click submit. Also you can preview your post before you submit to make sure everything checks out. L3000.gif

post #3694 of 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Morceau Subrosa is honestly the best I've heard. You don't really find dynamic Electronic music often.

you mentioned this in another thread so i picked it up...i won't say it's the best i've heard but i really, really enjoyed it!  

post #3695 of 5727
Thread Starter 

Best I've heard in relation to dynamic range in Electronic music. 

 

Although it is my personal favorite album of all time. It's an absolute masterpiece in my mind.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

you mentioned this in another thread so i picked it up...i won't say it's the best i've heard but i really, really enjoyed it!  

post #3696 of 5727

https://soundcloud.com/truthdubstep/truth-datsik-no-chance

 

This is awesome, stoked for Truth's EP.

post #3697 of 5727
post #3698 of 5727

Another track from Nhato's set on Otographic Arts 035.

 

post #3699 of 5727
Thread Starter 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLfkImSODjU&feature=relmfu

 

So what do you guys think? New Concord Dawn, Yay or Nay? Can't decide if I dig the vocals.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHhgm4Fn9PI&feature=channel&list=UL

 

Really enjoyed this one...and it's free. Watch the video, too. I thought it was great.

post #3700 of 5727

Both tracks are good, always liked Mediks a lot.

post #3701 of 5727

Going through Monolake's back catologue and I'm really liking all of it! Very well produced, dark, low key, interesting techno.

 

(typed monolake in google images and found these so I'm adding them)

 

1000

 

1000

post #3702 of 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Going through Monolake's back catologue and I'm really liking all of it! Very well produced, dark, low key, interesting techno.

 

(typed monolake in google images and found these so I'm adding them)

 

 

 

 

 

hong kong is my favourite, great album and solid discography overall

post #3703 of 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post

 

hong kong is my favourite, great album and solid discography overall

Up to now I think Silence is my fave, all good though.

beerchug.gif

post #3704 of 5727
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post


Morceau Subrosa is honestly the best I've heard. You don't really find dynamic Electronic music often.

 

You sure?  Converting Vegetarians was a fair bit more dynamic.  I'm wondering if there are albums out there like that and more.

 

 

Morceau Subrosa was nice and atmospheric. 

post #3705 of 5727
Thread Starter 

Numbers wise, yeah I guess...but I still thought Morceau Subrosa sounded more dynamic. 

 

EDIT: I have a hard time getting into 4/4 with dynamic range.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post

 

You sure?  Converting Vegetarians was a fair bit more dynamic.  I'm wondering if there are albums out there like that and more.

 

 

Morceau Subrosa was nice and atmospheric. 


Edited by MorbidToaster - 11/17/12 at 8:09am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)