Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) - Page 222

post #3316 of 5859
Thread Starter 

Just gonna go ahead and drop this right here. Some pretty amazing positional cues in this one. Going through some of the tracks in the boxset. This is one that's a first on physical copy release.

 

 

EDIT: Bought ISAM on vinyl today, too. As well as Stunt Rhythms.


Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/3/12 at 8:21pm
post #3317 of 5859
Thread Starter 

 

A bit upsetting how easy it is to pick out each remixer's contributions...Can I get just the Nero remix, please?

post #3318 of 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Just gonna go ahead and drop this right here. Some pretty amazing positional cues in this one. Going through some of the tracks in the boxset. This is one that's a first on physical copy release.

 

 

EDIT: Bought ISAM on vinyl today, too. As well as Stunt Rhythms.


My brother got to see Amon Tobin live recently. Sounded really awesome. The visuals with the music sounded awesome. Looked like this:

post #3319 of 5859
Thread Starter 

http://soundcloud.com/camokrooked/modestep-show-me-a-sign-camokrookedrmx

 

Fairly new C&K stuff. 

 

http://soundcloud.com/camokrooked/modestep-show-me-a-sign-camokrookedrmx

 

Fairly old C&K stuff. I linked this months ago, but I listened to it again today and remembered how massive the track is. Probably one of (if not) my favorite drop of the year. Got goosebumps listening to it build, and it's one of those drops that just makes you throw your hands up and go ******* insane no matter what you were previously doing.

 

EDIT: And the new Zedd album dropped a few days ago. Aww yeah.


Edited by MorbidToaster - 10/4/12 at 10:23am
post #3320 of 5859

Oh, I thought Hiroyuki ODA's "Revive EP" was supposed to come out today but apparently it was already released yesterday. I'm gonna go purchase the lossless files now. Anyone interested in uplifting/progressive trance can listen to the previews on SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/otographicmusic/sets/hiroyuki-oda-revive-ep/

post #3321 of 5859

too bad its in such bad quality but its really good positionally also 

  

 

also cat song

 

 

 

 

and of course the most well known track from Aaron funk

post #3322 of 5859
love love love this song so much

Edited by zachchen1996 - 10/4/12 at 11:36pm
post #3323 of 5859

Has anyone here played Final Fantasy VII? Did you like the music? If yes, did you know that OverClocked ReMix released a 4-disc remix album back in 2007 for absolutely free? Well now you know. The downside is that if you want the wave files and not just the MP3s, then you need to have a bittorent program on your computer. I downloaded and used a program called μTorrent when the album came out to download it and uninstalled it afterwards. So if you want the album, but are like me and aren't a torrent user, search for uTorrent and you'll find it. As the name implies it's a really small program. The album itself can be found here: http://ff7.ocremix.org/downloads/

It's a large download (2.32GB), but you get both the wave files and the MP3 versions, along with the album artwork.

post #3324 of 5859

Aa pretty good remix, though I'm not a huge fan of the genre or the original song [Dubstep]

 

Edit: and some chillout..

 

..and a less serious atmospheric piece (that actually sounds pretty decent!)


Edited by RubberDuk - 10/5/12 at 3:30am
post #3325 of 5859
Thread Starter 

Thanks for reminding me these existed. I had all their stuff before a crash and it's like...the one thing I forgot to reDL. Downloading over half their work now. Love these guys.

 

Another great (free) FFVII remix album, albeit very different.

http://vibedeck.com/teamteamwork/94184#order

 

Basically, they mash up Rap songs with music from the game. It all works really well, surprisingly. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Elite View Post

Has anyone here played Final Fantasy VII? Did you like the music? If yes, did you know that OverClocked ReMix released a 4-disc remix album back in 2007 for absolutely free? Well now you know. The downside is that if you want the wave files and not just the MP3s, then you need to have a bittorent program on your computer. I downloaded and used a program called μTorrent when the album came out to download it and uninstalled it afterwards. So if you want the album, but are like me and aren't a torrent user, search for uTorrent and you'll find it. As the name implies it's a really small program. The album itself can be found here: http://ff7.ocremix.org/downloads/

It's a large download (2.32GB), but you get both the wave files and the MP3 versions, along with the album artwork.

post #3326 of 5859

post #3327 of 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Thanks for reminding me these existed. I had all their stuff before a crash and it's like...the one thing I forgot to reDL. Downloading over half their work now. Love these guys.

 

Another great (free) FFVII remix album, albeit very different.

http://vibedeck.com/teamteamwork/94184#order

 

Basically, they mash up Rap songs with music from the game. It all works really well, surprisingly.

 

Good thing I mentioned the album then. I've been lucky enough to never have a hard drive break on me, but I've always been afraid of that happening to me, especially after my dad bought a brand new desktop PC several years ago and its HDD broke after a week.

 

I'll have to check the album you linked. Random aka Mega Ran has also made a FF7 hip hop album, although that one isn't free. It can however be streamed for free at his Bandcamp page in its entirety: http://megaranmusic.com/album/black-materia-final-fantasy-vii

I like the album quite a lot. It relies mostly on the original music from the game with added beats and rap (one song [On That Day 5 Years Ago] actually samples the vocals from one of the songs on the Voices of the Lifestream album).

 


 

Edit

Otographic music just announced the release date for Shingo Nakamura's next release which is November 7. Previews here: http://soundcloud.com/otographicmusic/sets/shingo-nakamura-behind-the-sunset-scroll


Edited by TJ Elite - 10/5/12 at 9:28am
post #3328 of 5859

Hi all,

 

I'm new to Electronic music. All I know is I don't like dubstep. tongue.gif

 

But I'm absolutely in love for a record: Mir, by Ott. As I undeerstand this is called ambient, psytrance etc.

 

Do you guys have some other suggestions in the likes of this great album??

 

Thanks!

post #3329 of 5859
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbull View Post

Hi all,

 

I'm new to Electronic music. All I know is I don't like dubstep. tongue.gif

 

But I'm absolutely in love for a record: Mir, by Ott. As I undeerstand this is called ambient, psytrance etc.

 

Do you guys have some other suggestions in the likes of this great album??

 

Thanks!

 

On the more upbeat side you have goa, psytrance and psycore (which is pretty fast). More relaxed stuff generally goes under ambient, psybient, downtempo, deep trance, chillout etc.

I heartily recommend you check out Ektoplazm; the Zenonesque, Deep Trance, Downtempo, Ambient and Psy Dub categories might have something for you.

 

And a few suggestions:

Hallucinogen - In Dub (mixed by Ott)

Vibrasphere (they have made downtempo as well as a bit more upbeat stuff, depending on the album)

Asura

Entheogenic

Solar Fields

 

And some more uptempo stuff(psytrance/goa):

Vibe Tribe (very uplifting and cheesy, happy psytrance)

Dark Soho (darker variety of psytrance)

Prometheus (I recommend other stuff from Twisted Records[UK] as well

 

If you like any of this, I'll gladly recommend you some more :)


Edited by RubberDuk - 10/6/12 at 7:03am
post #3330 of 5859

Aah...

 

 

Also, I've created an electronic music playlist on YouTube - something I should have done months ago. Currently it pretty much only contains tracks I've linked in this thread, but I'll be adding more stuff to it in the future and I'm still trying to find a logical order for the songs, plus I want to add short comments for important tracks. I'll need to remember to make room in my signature and add a link to the playlist at some point. Here's the link to the playlist in case someone wants to bookmark it or something: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt9dGL87HXQ1pvYlw7PCRV5kEAe-PBl4L

 

Edit

The playlist is now lnked in my sig and the songs have been arranged to an order that makes at least some sense to me personally.


Edited by TJ Elite - 10/6/12 at 8:41am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Music
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Music › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.)