I want to replace my MTPC"s with either the new Westone 4s for go the custom route with the JH 5pros . I listen to mainly rock of all sorts and some vocals . I really like my monsters but I can't keep a good seal , I get a good seal but they always seem to work themselves loose , it really irrates me . I've tried just about all the tips and the only ones that do it for me are the supertips and those are the ones that I have this problem with . I am also thinking about maybe getting the JH 10 times 3 or the JH13 or even the 16s instead if they are really worth the money . I want something that will make me happy for a long time . NO more uprades for a long time . I really could use some suggestions from people here on HeadFi that either own or have heard thease phones . Thanks
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/15/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/15/11
- productJH Audio JH10 Protagged by System, 3/15/11
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/15/11
- productJH Audio JH5 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/15/11
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/15/11
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Review: Heir Audio 4.A Last post on 9/9/13 at 5:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom IEMs compared to Universals? Last post on 1/12/12 at 6:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Expensive IEMs and Traveling... Last post on 9/5/11 at 9:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH5 + Ibasso T3 = JH14.5 Type Sound! Last post on 8/15/11 at 1:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
Westone 4 or JH 5pro ?post #1 of 63/14/11 at 1:57pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/14/11 at 2:12pmpost #3 of 63/15/11 at 4:59pmpost #4 of 63/15/11 at 5:08pm
I don't think you're going to get a better answer than this (with the W4 being such a new 'phone), even though the answer is quite neutra as to which one you sould choose.
On the non-sound related front, a custom fit would have the most appeal if you do NOT want to upgrade. It would be hard to find someone who dosn't think the 16's beat the W4's. I think if you really are serous about the no-upgrade comment, then you should go custom. As to which one of Jerry's fine monitors you should buy there are alot of threads that will push you in the right direction.
Edited by HeadCred - 3/15/11 at 5:14pmpost #5 of 63/15/11 at 5:55pmpost #6 of 63/16/11 at 6:19pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 4 or JH 5pro ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 14 seconds ago
- › The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 39 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › hello, need help with new in-ears. ~$50 range,... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 1 minute ago
- › WESTONE 3 IMPRESSIONS AND APPRECIATION THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi