I'm not exactly sure that this is right section to post this, but here it goes anyway...
I'm looking to build a rig under $1000.
To give you an idea of my music tastes, I like listening to hip hop, rnb, rap, metal, and most of billboard.
I enjoy a nice punchy bass, e.g. I liked the sound of my friends UM3x from my Sony Walkman.
Clear mids and trebles are important as well.
I'll have to store at least 20GB music, but this is like to grow to 30GB or more in the near future.
What I'm looking for is:
- at least one pair of IEMs, earbuds, clip-on phones: anything small enough to fit in one pocket (so thats probably no headphones)
- a source that is powerful enough to drive most phones to their best performance (e.g. OK1/PK1 are hard to drive?)
- a LOD or a mini-to-mini (probably around $100)
- perhaps an amp, depending on the source
- the whole package should be portable
Some of the things I have considered buying are:
- Westone 4 / UM3x
- WhipMOD / RWA Imod (I already have an ALO LOD and ALO RX MKII, but looking for something more portable)
- Cowon D2+ (I prefer SDHC to microSDHC due to its physical size) or J3
- Sansa Clip+/Fuze with ALO mini to mini and Fiio E7/iBasso...?
After lots of research, I decided some of the following bundles might be good:
- SM3 and Sansa Clip+ with RSA Shadow, ALO interconnects (very portable, but no line out)
- SM3 with Nanite N2 and RSA Mustang and ALO interconnects (no line out)
- SM3 or westone 4 or UM3x with Ipod Nano, ALO line out and GoVibe Magnum
- Westone 4 or UM3x with Sony Walkman (S or X Series...) and Mustang (I don't think the line out is worth it though)
I am currently seriously thinking about buying this package:
If you have used any of above, feel free to make suggestions! Any help would be appreciated!
Will update details later on! Thanks Guys!
Edited by shureThing - 4/5/11 at 7:33pm