anyone try this? or know about whether this would work? i've called a few audiologists around me and prices are pretty hihg for getting ear impressions made (almost 100 per ear). i reallty want to get my tf10's reshelled, but can't do it if its going to be that expensive. i came across this site selling DIY ear impression kit and wondering if i should just use this
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/15/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/28/15 at 7:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DIY ear molds/impressions??
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'd say go with an audiologist. $100 per ear is ridiculously high. Within a 4-mile radius, I've found audiologists that charge from $80 per ear to $30 for both ears. I'd just keep calling and hope you find one that isn't overpriced.
i'll have to agree with this.
I had no idea I had very sensitive ear canals til I went to take my ear impressions; it was quite painful as I was taking impressions on 1 ear.
You might wanna go and check out any issues you don't know you may have.
I am strongly anti-DIY when it comes to impressions. While I know there are HFers who have tried it and succeeded, it is IMHO a shortsighted and potentially dangerous practice.
I don't see much DIY dentistry or optometry out there. I remain amazed that people who love audio would literally risk their ears to save a few bucks.
bik201 -- The price quoted is indeed excessive. Please post your general location; maybe someone can suggest an alternative in your area. Here's a list of IEM-friendly audiologists:
I do agree that $100 per ear is extremely highly & outrageous.
Last week I had went to an audiologist in NYC to get ear impressions made for my Future Sonics Atrios. I looked up the audiologists that Future Sonics suggested on their website and asked called up a several and asked them how much do they charge for ear impressions. The prices they quoted me ranged from $50, $85, $100 for both ears. I found two of them that charged $50 and choose the closest one to my home.
- DIY ear molds/impressions??
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 seconds ago
- › Can anyone compare Oppo PM-3, Shure SRH1540/1840, and Philips... 1 minute ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Help with deciding what to do!!! 2 minutes ago
- › need advice. 2 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2015 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › End of Life and Sale on Mad Dog and Alpha Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 8 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 headphones 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2