anyone try this? or know about whether this would work? i've called a few audiologists around me and prices are pretty hihg for getting ear impressions made (almost 100 per ear). i reallty want to get my tf10's reshelled, but can't do it if its going to be that expensive. i came across this site selling DIY ear impression kit and wondering if i should just use this
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/15/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/5/13 at 3:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DIY ear molds/impressions??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd say go with an audiologist. $100 per ear is ridiculously high. Within a 4-mile radius, I've found audiologists that charge from $80 per ear to $30 for both ears. I'd just keep calling and hope you find one that isn't overpriced.
i'll have to agree with this.
I had no idea I had very sensitive ear canals til I went to take my ear impressions; it was quite painful as I was taking impressions on 1 ear.
You might wanna go and check out any issues you don't know you may have.
I am strongly anti-DIY when it comes to impressions. While I know there are HFers who have tried it and succeeded, it is IMHO a shortsighted and potentially dangerous practice.
I don't see much DIY dentistry or optometry out there. I remain amazed that people who love audio would literally risk their ears to save a few bucks.
bik201 -- The price quoted is indeed excessive. Please post your general location; maybe someone can suggest an alternative in your area. Here's a list of IEM-friendly audiologists:
I do agree that $100 per ear is extremely highly & outrageous.
Last week I had went to an audiologist in NYC to get ear impressions made for my Future Sonics Atrios. I looked up the audiologists that Future Sonics suggested on their website and asked called up a several and asked them how much do they charge for ear impressions. The prices they quoted me ranged from $50, $85, $100 for both ears. I found two of them that charged $50 and choose the closest one to my home.
- DIY ear molds/impressions??
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 29 seconds ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 39 seconds ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 1 minute ago
- › Public Listening Test of codecs MP3, AAC MP4, OGG Vorbis and Opus. 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 558 for gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › how many of you guys cook??? 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 4 minutes ago
- › please, help me pick a pair of headphones! 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)