anyone try this? or know about whether this would work? i've called a few audiologists around me and prices are pretty hihg for getting ear impressions made (almost 100 per ear). i reallty want to get my tf10's reshelled, but can't do it if its going to be that expensive. i came across this site selling DIY ear impression kit and wondering if i should just use this
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/15/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/5/13 at 3:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DIY ear molds/impressions??
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'd say go with an audiologist. $100 per ear is ridiculously high. Within a 4-mile radius, I've found audiologists that charge from $80 per ear to $30 for both ears. I'd just keep calling and hope you find one that isn't overpriced.
i'll have to agree with this.
I had no idea I had very sensitive ear canals til I went to take my ear impressions; it was quite painful as I was taking impressions on 1 ear.
You might wanna go and check out any issues you don't know you may have.
I am strongly anti-DIY when it comes to impressions. While I know there are HFers who have tried it and succeeded, it is IMHO a shortsighted and potentially dangerous practice.
I don't see much DIY dentistry or optometry out there. I remain amazed that people who love audio would literally risk their ears to save a few bucks.
bik201 -- The price quoted is indeed excessive. Please post your general location; maybe someone can suggest an alternative in your area. Here's a list of IEM-friendly audiologists:
I do agree that $100 per ear is extremely highly & outrageous.
Last week I had went to an audiologist in NYC to get ear impressions made for my Future Sonics Atrios. I looked up the audiologists that Future Sonics suggested on their website and asked called up a several and asked them how much do they charge for ear impressions. The prices they quoted me ranged from $50, $85, $100 for both ears. I found two of them that charged $50 and choose the closest one to my home.
- DIY ear molds/impressions??
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 19 seconds ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 28 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 4 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Fan Club 4 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe