anyone try this? or know about whether this would work? i've called a few audiologists around me and prices are pretty hihg for getting ear impressions made (almost 100 per ear). i reallty want to get my tf10's reshelled, but can't do it if its going to be that expensive. i came across this site selling DIY ear impression kit and wondering if i should just use this
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/15/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/15/11
Related Forum Threads
- IEM for iphone low/mid range prices Last post on 10/1/12 at 6:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New IEM Last post on 9/27/12 at 8:43am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Signature for performer use (IEM) Last post on 8/13/12 at 6:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s are ripping (wire coming out pic inside) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM for running/jogging Last post on 1/5/13 at 3:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
DIY ear molds/impressions??
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I'd say go with an audiologist. $100 per ear is ridiculously high. Within a 4-mile radius, I've found audiologists that charge from $80 per ear to $30 for both ears. I'd just keep calling and hope you find one that isn't overpriced.
i'll have to agree with this.
I had no idea I had very sensitive ear canals til I went to take my ear impressions; it was quite painful as I was taking impressions on 1 ear.
You might wanna go and check out any issues you don't know you may have.
I am strongly anti-DIY when it comes to impressions. While I know there are HFers who have tried it and succeeded, it is IMHO a shortsighted and potentially dangerous practice.
I don't see much DIY dentistry or optometry out there. I remain amazed that people who love audio would literally risk their ears to save a few bucks.
bik201 -- The price quoted is indeed excessive. Please post your general location; maybe someone can suggest an alternative in your area. Here's a list of IEM-friendly audiologists:
I do agree that $100 per ear is extremely highly & outrageous.
Last week I had went to an audiologist in NYC to get ear impressions made for my Future Sonics Atrios. I looked up the audiologists that Future Sonics suggested on their website and asked called up a several and asked them how much do they charge for ear impressions. The prices they quoted me ranged from $50, $85, $100 for both ears. I found two of them that charged $50 and choose the closest one to my home.
- DIY ear molds/impressions??
- › REVIEW: Audiofly AF45 14 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 1 minute ago
- › Lightweight cans with good isolation for listening whilst studying 1 minute ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › New Audiofly Range Coming at CES 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Your Album of the Month 5 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 6 minutes ago
- › Help me find a mid-range Phono Pre-Amp that won't break the bank 7 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)