If your budget is $100, and you wanted an IEM which is as neutral as possible, what would you choose? By neutral I mean lacking overt colouration, a decenly flat response curve, does treble, mids, and bass equally well. And all 'rounder. Probably some would consider this a boring sounding IEM, but if one wanted accuracy which stays true to the source material above all else... which would you pick?
Related Forum Threads
- Yet another "best IEM for ~€120 ($150)" thread Last post on 11/2/12 at 5:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ety's vs. Fischer? Last post on 9/21/12 at 3:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE-Zero vs RE0 - SS vs tubes Last post on 10/21/10 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 9/20/12 at 7:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to compliment the ER4P/S? EX600, GR07 or RE262 Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
The Most Neutral $100 IEM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The RE-ZERO is certainly a good starting point and a good all-around option. If you don't mind upping your price some, things like the RE252 and ER4S/P are better options for where you're trying to go. They can be priced well used in the $150 range if that's not too much of a stretch for you.
Are the recommendations for the Sunrise X-Cape taking into account the new version reportedly having a different character?
Also, I have an Fiio E1 coming (I wanted the remote control and the amplification supposedly helps as well) - would that be sufficient for the RE0's?
Let's suppose we increased the budget to $200... what opportunities would that then open up?
In particular, I'm interested in something "airy" and "detailed", especially in the mids through highs. I would take tighter bass over deep extension, provided the bass doesn't roll of at an absurdly high frequency.
I definitely do not want anything with a mid bass hump. I have enough headphones which do that already!
Durability is a concern. I can't bring myself to buy IEMs which I know will likely break despite gentle handling.
- The Most Neutral $100 IEM?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 13 seconds ago
- › "Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500? 32 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 57 seconds ago
- › Why do CDs sound better than loss less audio files? 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Portable amp for AKG k401? 3 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Metal/Progressive Rock/Alternative Rock/Post Rock IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe