Hi My current setup is PC FLAC Files>PS Audio GCHA via USB input>HD800 and most of the time I need to turn the volume control pass the 3 o'clock position to get sufficient volume. Volume control on my PC and media player are at 100%. Is this normal for this amp? is it my source? or is the amp just doesn't have enough power?
Related Forum Threads
- PS Audio GCHA in the house Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- about rpx33 and ps audio gcha Last post on 8/27/10 at 7:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP ME DECIDE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HD 650!! =) Last post on 8/22/10 at 8:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone tried a GCHA with IE8s? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PS Audio GCHA mini-review; some initial impressions Last post on 12/12/10 at 12:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?post #1 of 63/10/11 at 11:11amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 63/28/11 at 8:14ampost #3 of 63/28/11 at 8:50am
But at 3 o'clock you are getting the volume you need or not really? Does the knob go to say 6 or 7 o'clock to reach max volume? Just asking for my own education.
Some guy on this forum said he liked a similar set up (HD800 + PS amp) as yours but not much detail in the post other than he likes the combo. Looks like he is using a Benchmark DAC as well and maybe you are using a sound card.
Edited by WNBC - 3/28/11 at 8:54ampost #4 of 63/28/11 at 10:18pm
The PS Audio isn't a high gain amp. I have to turn the knob to 1 o'clock to get normal listening levels with my MB Quart QP400 (300 Ohms) & AKG K271. It's a nice amp, I not for the HD800. I like the amp with my Sony MDR-SA5000. It's smooth out the sharp highs. I also like it with my Denon D7000.post #5 of 611/14/11 at 3:11pm
I know that this is an old thread but, i had to chime in. I have the GCHA and although it makes for a good amp/dac combo it is not high power. any orthodynamic phones I pair it with the amp struggles.
- PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Music Game IX 34 seconds ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 43 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 2 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear