Hi My current setup is PC FLAC Files>PS Audio GCHA via USB input>HD800 and most of the time I need to turn the volume control pass the 3 o'clock position to get sufficient volume. Volume control on my PC and media player are at 100%. Is this normal for this amp? is it my source? or is the amp just doesn't have enough power?
Related Forum Threads
- PS Audio GCHA in the house Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- about rpx33 and ps audio gcha Last post on 8/27/10 at 7:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP ME DECIDE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HD 650!! =) Last post on 8/22/10 at 8:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone tried a GCHA with IE8s? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PS Audio GCHA mini-review; some initial impressions Last post on 12/12/10 at 12:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
- Headphone Impedance
PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But at 3 o'clock you are getting the volume you need or not really? Does the knob go to say 6 or 7 o'clock to reach max volume? Just asking for my own education.
Some guy on this forum said he liked a similar set up (HD800 + PS amp) as yours but not much detail in the post other than he likes the combo. Looks like he is using a Benchmark DAC as well and maybe you are using a sound card.
Edited by WNBC - 3/28/11 at 8:54am
The PS Audio isn't a high gain amp. I have to turn the knob to 1 o'clock to get normal listening levels with my MB Quart QP400 (300 Ohms) & AKG K271. It's a nice amp, I not for the HD800. I like the amp with my Sony MDR-SA5000. It's smooth out the sharp highs. I also like it with my Denon D7000.
I know that this is an old thread but, i had to chime in. I have the GCHA and although it makes for a good amp/dac combo it is not high power. any orthodynamic phones I pair it with the amp struggles.
- PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › Questyle QP1 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › Best over-the-ear, comfortable headphones up to $100? 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › F/S COWON PLENUE P1 (shipping included) 3 minutes ago
- › New member roll call 4 minutes ago
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Fostex TE-07 by HiFiChris
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2