Hi My current setup is PC FLAC Files>PS Audio GCHA via USB input>HD800 and most of the time I need to turn the volume control pass the 3 o'clock position to get sufficient volume. Volume control on my PC and media player are at 100%. Is this normal for this amp? is it my source? or is the amp just doesn't have enough power?
Related Forum Threads
- PS Audio GCHA in the house Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- about rpx33 and ps audio gcha Last post on 8/27/10 at 7:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP ME DECIDE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HD 650!! =) Last post on 8/22/10 at 8:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone tried a GCHA with IE8s? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PS Audio GCHA mini-review; some initial impressions Last post on 12/12/10 at 12:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Headphone Impedance
PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But at 3 o'clock you are getting the volume you need or not really? Does the knob go to say 6 or 7 o'clock to reach max volume? Just asking for my own education.
Some guy on this forum said he liked a similar set up (HD800 + PS amp) as yours but not much detail in the post other than he likes the combo. Looks like he is using a Benchmark DAC as well and maybe you are using a sound card.
Edited by WNBC - 3/28/11 at 8:54am
The PS Audio isn't a high gain amp. I have to turn the knob to 1 o'clock to get normal listening levels with my MB Quart QP400 (300 Ohms) & AKG K271. It's a nice amp, I not for the HD800. I like the amp with my Sony MDR-SA5000. It's smooth out the sharp highs. I also like it with my Denon D7000.
I know that this is an old thread but, i had to chime in. I have the GCHA and although it makes for a good amp/dac combo it is not high power. any orthodynamic phones I pair it with the amp struggles.
- PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Portable amp - what should i get? 37 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 43 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 52 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › best PS vs battery 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2