Hi My current setup is PC FLAC Files>PS Audio GCHA via USB input>HD800 and most of the time I need to turn the volume control pass the 3 o'clock position to get sufficient volume. Volume control on my PC and media player are at 100%. Is this normal for this amp? is it my source? or is the amp just doesn't have enough power?
Related Forum Threads
- PS Audio GCHA in the house Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- about rpx33 and ps audio gcha Last post on 8/27/10 at 7:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP ME DECIDE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HD 650!! =) Last post on 8/22/10 at 8:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone tried a GCHA with IE8s? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PS Audio GCHA mini-review; some initial impressions Last post on 12/12/10 at 12:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But at 3 o'clock you are getting the volume you need or not really? Does the knob go to say 6 or 7 o'clock to reach max volume? Just asking for my own education.
Some guy on this forum said he liked a similar set up (HD800 + PS amp) as yours but not much detail in the post other than he likes the combo. Looks like he is using a Benchmark DAC as well and maybe you are using a sound card.
Edited by WNBC - 3/28/11 at 8:54am
The PS Audio isn't a high gain amp. I have to turn the knob to 1 o'clock to get normal listening levels with my MB Quart QP400 (300 Ohms) & AKG K271. It's a nice amp, I not for the HD800. I like the amp with my Sony MDR-SA5000. It's smooth out the sharp highs. I also like it with my Denon D7000.
I know that this is an old thread but, i had to chime in. I have the GCHA and although it makes for a good amp/dac combo it is not high power. any orthodynamic phones I pair it with the amp struggles.
- PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 23 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 23 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 1 minute ago
- › My Little Pony Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 1 minute ago
- › impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Lewis Center Ohio meet impressions here Pics 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)