Hi My current setup is PC FLAC Files>PS Audio GCHA via USB input>HD800 and most of the time I need to turn the volume control pass the 3 o'clock position to get sufficient volume. Volume control on my PC and media player are at 100%. Is this normal for this amp? is it my source? or is the amp just doesn't have enough power?
Related Forum Threads
- PS Audio GCHA in the house Last post on 12/12/10 at 10:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- about rpx33 and ps audio gcha Last post on 8/27/10 at 7:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HELP ME DECIDE A GOOD MATCH FOR MY HD 650!! =) Last post on 8/22/10 at 8:26pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Anyone tried a GCHA with IE8s? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- PS Audio GCHA mini-review; some initial impressions Last post on 12/12/10 at 12:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These things are really, really good. I'd rate their sound above the Z-5500, and above the more recent THX sets. They have plenty of power, and are reasonably articulate. No, they're not Hi-Fi,...
MDR-XD-150BK Easily said, the Black Version. #BIGBASS Before we get started. Descriptive Review!: Laid back, more like a "Cheap School" Headphone you'd see people use if you were to buy...
Those headphones are just cool. -> good sound -> easy spreading and slicing -> they look awesome, don't they? -> you can hear to music really loud -> not really expensive But,...
I decided to finally treat myself to a pair of quality headphones for a self-birthday present. After hours of online research, the AH D1100 seemed to offer the best bang-for-the-buck under...
The highs and the lows are, for lack a better descriptor "dry". There are people who "like" this sort of leanness, but it's never sounded "real" to me. It's the difference I hear in vintage...
- Headphone Impedance
PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
But at 3 o'clock you are getting the volume you need or not really? Does the knob go to say 6 or 7 o'clock to reach max volume? Just asking for my own education.
Some guy on this forum said he liked a similar set up (HD800 + PS amp) as yours but not much detail in the post other than he likes the combo. Looks like he is using a Benchmark DAC as well and maybe you are using a sound card.
Edited by WNBC - 3/28/11 at 8:54am
The PS Audio isn't a high gain amp. I have to turn the knob to 1 o'clock to get normal listening levels with my MB Quart QP400 (300 Ohms) & AKG K271. It's a nice amp, I not for the HD800. I like the amp with my Sony MDR-SA5000. It's smooth out the sharp highs. I also like it with my Denon D7000.
I know that this is an old thread but, i had to chime in. I have the GCHA and although it makes for a good amp/dac combo it is not high power. any orthodynamic phones I pair it with the amp struggles.
- PS audio GCHA under power for sennheiser HD800?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 16 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Meridian Explorer² Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 7 minutes ago
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by ahnvx
- › Somic Head-band Music Audio Headphone Earphone Headset MH489 by PearlyBoy
- › Denon AH-D1100 by PhenomenalNinja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by Zennheiser
- › Cozoy Astrapi by Xtralglactic
- › Linum 2Pin Detachable Connector - BaX Dual Twist Model by acain
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by Wokei
- › Audio Technica AT-PHA50BT by unknownsolo
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2