... I am very disappointed with OK2.
Well I had Yuin PK2 and I loved it so much! But unfortunately they got broken and I thought in make an upgrade? I read, re-read, and re-read all the forums and reviews and I concluded OK2 will be my new phones.
I got it already.
And my first impressions was:
- In the first listens hated it as death. It simply hurts my ears and head with the punches of the basses and some mids and trebles;
Note: I use them mainly on my laptop. And I listen to indie-rock, alternative-rock, psy-trance, psy-pop... around here... vocals are almost everything for me.
- Well after some days of listen, it seems to got better, I think the burn makes some difference here but really It was(is) annoying to listen music on OK2.
...But although I AM HATING this phones!!!!!
- In general I cant feel the music, is completely out of emotion, the songs are cold and artificial!!! I cant feel the songs! This is hard to explain, but I feel more the music with some stock earbuds than with OK2;
- I hated the deep soundstage - if you are going to see a band in a bar, you dont have this soundstage, you listen to the sound as a whole isnt?
- The basses and some mids and trebles are still hurting my ears, listen music with this phones is tiresome!!!
- The vocals are very very low, they are muffed by the basses and the trebles & some details, like second guitars or cymbals are often too loud.
(See, if the producers and the bands equalize the sound in one way, I mean with the vocals louder than everything and some details at very low volume, why should we listen to the same music with a complete reverse equalisation? It is what this phones does.);
- Against everyone says about OK2, I think they have too much bass;
- This phones are impossible to listen with low volumes, you cant simply listen the soul of the song.
OK2 are indeed very detailed but maybe is because of this I hate listen music with them. Maybe all details distracts my mind from the melody of the music (usually on the vocals).
Like I said I love the vocals of a song. It is everything for me.
Indeed I prefer PK2 sound at moment, the sound is much more natural and smooth, no exaggerated soundstage, and the details are enough (it is nice to detect some pretty details of a song, like some background instrument or something but in a sufficient quantity, and more, they still sound like it should be, in the background.)
Any of you feels this? Any experience from PK2 to OK2?
I'm thinking in selling this phones. Im not sure if I should go back to PK2 or try Pk1.
Have you any others suggestions also?