- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 3/12/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 3/12/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/12/11More
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from GR07 Last post on 8/12/11 at 11:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart Last post on 11/5/12 at 11:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a bass extended IEM blind - can't decide what to get Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If I could only keep one earphone/headphone it would be my newly acquired Future Sonics Atrios with the NEW MG7 dynamic driver. They are so engaging and fun to listen to.
I have the Phonak Perfect Bass, Audio Technica CK7, Sennheiser PX100, and Koss Portapros and non of those earphones/headphones were as engaging as the Atrios.
The bass is really something special on the Atrios. The bass is rich and astoundingly deep. Bass response is excellent: it goes deep and is very articulated. Pitch and texture of bass frequencies are presented very well. The Atrios have quite a bit more bass than Shures or Etymotics, but the bass does not overwhelm the mids; it doesn’t make the overall sound muddy in any way. Contrary to bloated bass-monster IEMs like the Super.Fi 5 EB or the CX300, the Atrios can be seen as the "bass reference" for IEMs and fits well with the music I listen to....Pop, Rock, Disco & Europop.
Edited by Starsky5000 - 3/12/11 at 12:45pm
Most "correct" earphone: RE252.
Most mindlessly fun earphone: Triple.Fi 10
For general broad spectrum use, I would lean most to the Triple.Fi 10, a very good earphone, broadly capable, but also fun to listen to. I've owned the Triple.Fi 10 through a lot of other products I've tried out. It impresses me always, not by itself, but when compared against others, it shows it's capability. If I want to stay true to the source, I like RE252 the best, a very high quality sound, extremely well balanced, not as fun but much less colored.
For a mix, I also do like the CK100 a lot, but excellent balance yet fun also while still offering a very refined sound. It's just very pricey.
Edited by mvw2 - 3/12/11 at 4:15pm
e-Q7 - as simple as that. It was my first "real" IEM and I think it will be my last one, for a long long time at least. Which is the reason why I can start investing my money in full-sized cans now
Hmmm. My options aren't as high end as everybody elsesm and yet, I can' t choose between my Kicker eb141s, Super.Fi 5's/Ultimate Ears 600s, and Head Direct RE2s. Theyre all useful in different aspects and situations...
Don't know why you would really use IEMs inside the house, because I would hope that you would be able to find much higher quality headphones for the same price. Leading from that, the most important things for me are isolation, comfort, and price! Especially isolation, as I am outside, hopefully helping me pick up all the nuances background noise drown out. And especially price! After all, they are inevitably going to break... Or is that because I keep using Ety's?
I have really enjoyed all the Etymotic's I have heard, even if they do sound a bit better played from a powerfull source... I am on my 3rd pair, probably being narrow minded but they work so well for me, and I am definitely latched onto the brand. Now, scoff all you like....
(Explanations being way more beneficial to others than just one word answers... you know who you are mr. massive post counters)
Mmm, not easy. I don't have many pairs (at least, not as many as most people in the forum!), and most of them are in the same price range, so it's difficult to choose one.
Anyway, right now I would pick the Meelec CC51 if I only could have one pair. Second best, the Meelec A151 and third the Meelec M11+. If you forbide me Meelec, then the SoundMAGIC PL50.
Fortunately, I don't have to choose and I can have a different pair depending on the music I plan to listen and my mood ;)
For me, definitely my Xears TD-II's. Of course, they're also the most expensive earphones I've ever owned, but they're easily the best from what I've tried...Creative EP-630's, Soundmagic PL30, Soundmagic PL11, Senn CX281, Xears PB120, and - oh! - the Koss Spark Plugs :) .
The TD-II's have a good sound stage, good but not boomy bass, nice treble...perfect for listening to metal 90% of the time, so that's what I do. They sound fine for classical too, actually.
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › How to tell if headphones are blown? 11 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › [ T-PEOS ] Announce Releasing Altone200 and Start Preorder Limitedly 2 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 2 minutes ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)