- product1964 Ears 1964-Q Quad Driver Custom IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEarSonics SM2tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productHiFiMAN RE252tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productJVC/Victor FX700tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 3/12/11
- productSennheiser IE 7 Earphonestagged by System, 3/12/11
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/12/11More
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 3/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade from GR07 Last post on 8/12/11 at 11:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 fall apart Last post on 11/5/12 at 11:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-heavy multi-driver IEM? Last post on 1/11/12 at 5:22pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy a bass extended IEM blind - can't decide what to get Last post on 5/10/11 at 9:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 or Klipsch image x10 (please help!) Last post on 4/1/11 at 7:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be? - Page 2post #16 of 393/12/11 at 11:35am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 393/12/11 at 12:43pm
If I could only keep one earphone/headphone it would be my newly acquired Future Sonics Atrios with the NEW MG7 dynamic driver. They are so engaging and fun to listen to.
I have the Phonak Perfect Bass, Audio Technica CK7, Sennheiser PX100, and Koss Portapros and non of those earphones/headphones were as engaging as the Atrios.
The bass is really something special on the Atrios. The bass is rich and astoundingly deep. Bass response is excellent: it goes deep and is very articulated. Pitch and texture of bass frequencies are presented very well. The Atrios have quite a bit more bass than Shures or Etymotics, but the bass does not overwhelm the mids; it doesn’t make the overall sound muddy in any way. Contrary to bloated bass-monster IEMs like the Super.Fi 5 EB or the CX300, the Atrios can be seen as the "bass reference" for IEMs and fits well with the music I listen to....Pop, Rock, Disco & Europop.
Edited by Starsky5000 - 3/12/11 at 12:45pmpost #18 of 393/12/11 at 2:33pmpost #19 of 393/12/11 at 4:11pm
Most "correct" earphone: RE252.
Most mindlessly fun earphone: Triple.Fi 10
For general broad spectrum use, I would lean most to the Triple.Fi 10, a very good earphone, broadly capable, but also fun to listen to. I've owned the Triple.Fi 10 through a lot of other products I've tried out. It impresses me always, not by itself, but when compared against others, it shows it's capability. If I want to stay true to the source, I like RE252 the best, a very high quality sound, extremely well balanced, not as fun but much less colored.
For a mix, I also do like the CK100 a lot, but excellent balance yet fun also while still offering a very refined sound. It's just very pricey.
Edited by mvw2 - 3/12/11 at 4:15pmpost #20 of 393/12/11 at 7:04pmpost #21 of 393/13/11 at 6:28am
e-Q7 - as simple as that. It was my first "real" IEM and I think it will be my last one, for a long long time at least. Which is the reason why I can start investing my money in full-sized cans nowpost #22 of 393/13/11 at 6:46ampost #23 of 393/13/11 at 10:04am
Hmmm. My options aren't as high end as everybody elsesm and yet, I can' t choose between my Kicker eb141s, Super.Fi 5's/Ultimate Ears 600s, and Head Direct RE2s. Theyre all useful in different aspects and situations...post #24 of 393/13/11 at 10:27ampost #25 of 393/13/11 at 10:34am
Don't know why you would really use IEMs inside the house, because I would hope that you would be able to find much higher quality headphones for the same price. Leading from that, the most important things for me are isolation, comfort, and price! Especially isolation, as I am outside, hopefully helping me pick up all the nuances background noise drown out. And especially price! After all, they are inevitably going to break... Or is that because I keep using Ety's?
I have really enjoyed all the Etymotic's I have heard, even if they do sound a bit better played from a powerfull source... I am on my 3rd pair, probably being narrow minded but they work so well for me, and I am definitely latched onto the brand. Now, scoff all you like....
(Explanations being way more beneficial to others than just one word answers... you know who you are mr. massive post counters)post #26 of 393/14/11 at 2:59ampost #27 of 393/20/11 at 8:33ampost #28 of 393/21/11 at 8:01am
Mmm, not easy. I don't have many pairs (at least, not as many as most people in the forum!), and most of them are in the same price range, so it's difficult to choose one.
Anyway, right now I would pick the Meelec CC51 if I only could have one pair. Second best, the Meelec A151 and third the Meelec M11+. If you forbide me Meelec, then the SoundMAGIC PL50.
Fortunately, I don't have to choose and I can have a different pair depending on the music I plan to listen and my mood ;)post #29 of 393/21/11 at 8:09am
For me, definitely my Xears TD-II's. Of course, they're also the most expensive earphones I've ever owned, but they're easily the best from what I've tried...Creative EP-630's, Soundmagic PL30, Soundmagic PL11, Senn CX281, Xears PB120, and - oh! - the Koss Spark Plugs :) .
The TD-II's have a good sound stage, good but not boomy bass, nice treble...perfect for listening to metal 90% of the time, so that's what I do. They sound fine for classical too, actually.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- If you could keep only one IEM, which one would it be?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › KGSShv Carbon - hows it sound with the 009s? 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › What forty6 are listening to 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear