New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google Chrome 10

post #1 of 35
Thread Starter 

Anyone else digging the new Chrome?  I know I am!  

post #2 of 35

Not tried it. How do you get that favourite list without going to opions to get it? The awkward way of getting it to show and handling it is the only thing I don´t like with the previous version. There is no shortcut or anyway to get a icon showing on the menu bar?

post #3 of 35

Wait what?

 

What new Chrome! Brb. cool.gif

 

Is it me or is it slower............


Edited by Confispect - 3/10/11 at 5:34pm
post #4 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oqvist View Post

Not tried it. How do you get that favourite list without going to opions to get it? The awkward way of getting it to show and handling it is the only thing I don´t like with the previous version. There is no shortcut or anyway to get a icon showing on the menu bar?


Haven't played w/ that yet.  I keep all my tabs open.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confispect View Post

Wait what?

 

What new Chrome! Brb. cool.gif

 

Is it me or is it slower............


No way.  About 30-40% faster for me.  

 

Oh, you need to update your graphics drivers!! 

 

post #5 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post



Oh, you need to update your graphics drivers!! 


lol!

dont use onboard graphics, they suck. biggrin.gif

 

Are there major improvements on this version? 

 

post #6 of 35

I just installed it because of your thread. lets see if it can keep up with firefox now very_evil_smiley.gif

post #7 of 35

Working fine now, guess it had to settle. rolleyes.gif

post #8 of 35

don't you guys think it's a somewhat frivolous use of version numbers? not sure how many obvious or significant changes there are going from v1 thru 4, extensions were enabled on v5 and suddenly we're at v10? 

post #9 of 35

if it were a headphone it could go like: 1, 3, 5 , 7, probably 9 and then 1000!

 

 

so far i cant notice any difference, but the fact that it asked me if i wanted to save my extensions and settings online so i could use them with other computer.


Edited by JamesMcProgger - 3/11/11 at 11:37am
post #10 of 35
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

so far i cant notice any difference, but the fact that it asked me if i wanted to save my extensions and settings online so i could use them with other computer.


It's huge for me since they enabled hardware acceleration.  I always start up my browser w/ about 30+ tabs.  I defnintely get a speed boost in overall use.  I guess it depends what each user has in their rig.  Btw they just had the Pwn2Own where they compete at hacking browsers.  No surprise Safari got destroyed and finished last....again.

 

 

 

post #11 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post


 


It's huge for me since they enabled hardware acceleration.  I always start up my browser w/ about 30+ tabs.  I defnintely get a speed boost in overall use.  I guess it depends what each user has in their rig.  Btw they just had the Pwn2Own where they compete at hacking browsers.  No surprise Safari got destroyed and finished last....again.

 

 

 


I'm the same way.  I use tons of tabs.  If I upgrade will I lose my tabs?

 

post #12 of 35
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdling View Post




I'm the same way.  I use tons of tabs.  If I upgrade will I lose my tabs?

 


I have my tabs set as home page so not in my case.  Otherwise, not sure but don't think so.  Click wrench, Options, Open following, Use current, if you haven't.

 

post #13 of 35

I feel chrome faster than ever. Thats why i love it. wink.gif

post #14 of 35

I'm using Chrome more and more. My preferences: Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

post #15 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rdling View Post

I'm the same way.  I use tons of tabs.  If I upgrade will I lose my tabs?

 


on the contrary, since a few versions ago, you could have your tabs on any computer you use (instead of  having to copy your settings all over the place) 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home