Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 4

Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre

 
  • 9% (30)
    Yes
  • 90% (273)
    No
303 Total Votes  
post #46 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasslike View Post

The good thing about Beats studio in New Zealand in the price, at $650 NZD they are more expensive than the HD25 II $600



Wait. WHAT?

You can easily get the HD 25-1 Mk II for NZD 200 less (ex shipping, which shouldn't be that much):

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sennheiser-hd-25-1-mk-ii-headphones-professional/389372-01/

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sennheiser-hd-25-ii-headphones-professional-2-0m-straight-cable/350486-01/

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/sennheiser-hd-25-1-mk-ii-adidas-originals-headphones-professional/407400-01/

 

post #47 of 239

Another Beats thread...leaving this forum NOW...................... I think the Hello Kitty forums have more intelligent topics!!!L3000.gif

post #48 of 239

Quote:

Originally Posted by desolateplanet View Post

Another Beats thread...leaving this forum NOW...................... I think the Hello Kitty forums have more intelligent topics!!!L3000.gif



LOL, who held a gun to your head and made you open the thread?

post #49 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croozer View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by desolateplanet View Post

Another Beats thread...leaving this forum NOW...................... I think the Hello Kitty forums have more intelligent topics!!!L3000.gif



LOL, who held a gun to your head and made you open the thread?

Lol well he is kind of right... I mean, I am a huge cheerlearder for Beats threads, and shotu out my unrequested opinion, so I see where you're coming from. But from his position as a member, at a certain point you just realize there are better topics out there that deserve the attention Beats topics get. It's not like there's new info on these (except what douchy new celebrity will create his own version of the Beats).
 

 

post #50 of 239

I was listening to my phones at work the other day, and a customer took note of it, but then he started to try to sell me his Beats. He said, "I've never heard anything better than the Beats by Dre," after I told him I didn't like the sound. Woulda let him listen to my set until he said that. Anyone who honestly believes that would be hard pressed to change their views.

post #51 of 239

Oh no, let hope they aren't on this forum.

 

Thank you for the links, It looks like I will have the HD25's again.

 

EDIT:

I forgot to say my pair of beats are on the local delivery van now. I should have them in a few hours.
 



 


Edited by glasslike - 3/21/11 at 12:39pm
post #52 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike View Post

I was listening to my phones at work the other day, and a customer took note of it, but then he started to try to sell me his Beats. He said, "I've never heard anything better than the Beats by Dre," after I told him I didn't like the sound. Woulda let him listen to my set until he said that. Anyone who honestly believes that would be hard pressed to change their views.



Missed opportunity, my friend. Most of us have all had our minds changed by this forum or people with views like this forum's; e.g.: how many of us used to think, "I'll never spend more than $X on headphones"? And look at us now.

post #53 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenike View Post

I was listening to my phones at work the other day, and a customer took note of it, but then he started to try to sell me his Beats. He said, "I've never heard anything better than the Beats by Dre," after I told him I didn't like the sound. Woulda let him listen to my set until he said that. Anyone who honestly believes that would be hard pressed to change their views.


Ummm...it's entirely possible that he hasn't heard anything better than the the Beats. iBuds and skullcandies are even worse...

 

post #54 of 239

It's crazy but in Australia these things sell for $499! Evan though our dollar is on parity with the US dollar.

 

People can  buy some nice Alessandro MS-2 for $349-, I see people slapping down 500 bux for these at best mid range quality headphones all the time.

 

At the end of the day though it's their money and if they want to spend that much on muddy sounding headphones then go for it.

post #55 of 239

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuKuBuKu View Post




Ummm...it's entirely possible that he hasn't heard anything better than the the Beats. iBuds and skullcandies are even worse...

 


That very well may be true, but he was very adamant about it, after I'd explained why I didn't like it. He just kept pressing on. A really good businessman, he could be, as he was pretty convincing. My point being, after I declined him, he still just wanted to be rid of it, so they probably weren't to his liking either.

post #56 of 239

I have recieved the beats and after about half a day with them I have to say that if you need noise cancellation and you listen to bass heavy music they see to work fine but on violins they seem to be missing the sharpness and clarity needed. I have to say these are not for me. They did nothing special and unless someone says they absolutely need a long burn in (I highly doub't this), these will be going on trademe (New Zealand eBay)

post #57 of 239

LOL he loved the "cable" and "gold tips"

suggest diddy beats to him

post #58 of 239

They do sound good in BB because those demo are hooked up with amp and high bit rate songs. I do think that they are overpriced and noise canceling feature is a joke.

post #59 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonafidesky View Post

They do sound good in BB because those demo are hooked up with amp and high bit rate songs. I do think that they are overpriced and noise canceling feature is a joke.



Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never got the impression Best Buy was the kind of place to care about bit rate or amping headphones.

post #60 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post





Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never got the impression Best Buy was the kind of place to care about bit rate or amping headphones.



All bose and monster has their own "stand"

 

Bose plays acoustic from 1 instrument, and ya it sounds good after the amp. Once you play acoustic song with more than one instrument, its all bunched together, no clear seperation

 

Monster plays pop, usually from Black Eyed Pea, which is bass centered. With amp and right music, of course they sound good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?