I think it's mainly because other companies haven't marketed their products as well. Having somebody famous and a good marketing team does really make a difference. The beats pro (the $450 ones) I thought sounded rather good. In some ways I even found them better than my $65 koss pro4 aats. lol though they we not even close to my koss headphones in terms of accuracy (or build quality)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 3/26/16 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 15
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
310 Total Votes
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2397/14/11 at 9:05pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Kappy21
Why are Beats opposed with the evangelical fervor ordinarily reserved for devil worshiping heathens? Only because the fate of Western Civilization hangs in the balance. You don't need the psychic hotline to connect the dots: Vandals overrun Rome 455 A.D. - end of Western Civilization = Beats wearing suburban teenagers overrun the malls and cineplexes 2011 - end of Western Civilization. Some might even say the Vandals had better hats.post #213 of 2397/23/11 at 11:56am
They are utter crap compared to actual good headphones. Unknowingly kids blow insane amounts of money on beats with horrible audio quality, awful build quality(literally they could break on you taking off, or putting them on), not to mention a awful, cheap look, simply because it has a perceived "cool" factor, or had dres name on it. ...I really cannot see how dre would put his name and reputation on such horrible trash.
post #214 of 2397/23/11 at 12:50pmI really don't have a problem with those who want to spend so much money on little IEMs that probably sound just about as good as any other cheaper ones in the market, no problem with people spending so much on high end headphones that are generally regarded as overpriced and terrible. I do have a problem with people who say, "don't hate cause you poor kid" to people who try to "edjumacate" them.
I'd say the reason so many buy these overpriced cans is because prominent figures in the music scene (LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem, Bieber, David Guetta) are seen using them. Studio Solo HD ... I doubt they're really even used for monitoring and studio use =s I can't comment on how they sound since I haven't gotten the chance to try them on but from all the reviews I've seen on these forums, they probably sound real crappy.
The Beats are widely regarded as a purely cosmetic item. The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads.post #215 of 2397/23/11 at 1:07pmpost #216 of 2397/25/11 at 8:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by koolkat
The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads.
Wouldn't you be looking for DJ headphones???
post #217 of 2397/25/11 at 8:22pmpost #218 of 2397/25/11 at 8:29pm
Once you've actually bought something, it's impossible to gauge whether or not it's a good choice. (Even though everyone will say "Duh.") Listen to the TMA-1's and Pros. If you like the TMA's, you made a good choice. If you like to Pros more, then you like them more. It shouldn't be hard to return or sell the TMA's for minimal loss. Don't be swayed by what we say, it'll get you looking for the type of music you should use your headphones with instead of adapting the thing you use to your wants.post #219 of 2397/25/11 at 9:23pmQuote:
The TMA-1s are far more managable. If you get a pad for the headband you can wear them indefinately. Dre Pros are a bit heavy. And in terms of construction, I think that both are extremely sturdy and well built. Personally I like the TMA-1s more, but that is me. I still need to listen to the HD25-1 IIs more, but that is for a later day.
Also, the TMA-1s are wonderfully understatedpost #220 of 2395/8/12 at 5:04pm
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas. you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones. do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones. if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.post #221 of 2395/8/12 at 5:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by masterblanket
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas. you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones. do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones. if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.
welcome too head fipost #222 of 2395/8/12 at 7:18pm
I got Beats Tour in February I think (off of the official Monster site), and they broke within a month.
Luckily, it was still under warranty and I got a replacement pair for free (except for the shipping). Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many times you can get replacements? I think mine are gonna break soon.
To be honest, I think I only got them because of the popularity in-school and it also matches my phone (both earbuds and phone are red/black).post #223 of 2395/8/12 at 7:41pmpost #224 of 2396/12/12 at 5:26pm
I am nuts about headphones for many reasons; first i love music; second i need them to play my drums; and third i don't really have time to sit down in front of my stereo setup.
That being said, i own lots of stuff from Shure's SE535 and Senn's IE8 to Grado's SR80 and AKG's K550 and K701 and i also own the Beats Pro. I play drums wearing Senn's HD25 1 II and also use them straight from my iPod. When i bought the Beats Pro i initialy didn't like the sound but after a little burning in, mids get quite clear and highs turn acceptable. Mostly i listen to my music straight from an iPod Touch 4g and music at 320Kbps on a flat eq and in that setup the beats pro are extremely decent. I am not fond of any other product from Monster but these pro's are a good pair of headphones despite of their poor value for money considering i paid half their price for the AKG's K550 which in my opinion are stellar quality headphones. I do not hate Monster, i just hate the Beats Solo cause they realy are crappy as hell.
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New BA IEMs from Brainwavz? 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 7 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 7 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 10 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...