I think it's mainly because other companies haven't marketed their products as well. Having somebody famous and a good marketing team does really make a difference. The beats pro (the $450 ones) I thought sounded rather good. In some ways I even found them better than my $65 koss pro4 aats. lol though they we not even close to my koss headphones in terms of accuracy (or build quality)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser HD518, it just needs to gain some weight Last post on 10/12/13 at 9:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 15
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
279 Total Votes
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #212 of 2287/14/11 at 9:05pm
Quote:Originally Posted by Kappy21
Why are Beats opposed with the evangelical fervor ordinarily reserved for devil worshiping heathens? Only because the fate of Western Civilization hangs in the balance. You don't need the psychic hotline to connect the dots: Vandals overrun Rome 455 A.D. - end of Western Civilization = Beats wearing suburban teenagers overrun the malls and cineplexes 2011 - end of Western Civilization. Some might even say the Vandals had better hats.post #213 of 2287/23/11 at 11:56am
They are utter crap compared to actual good headphones. Unknowingly kids blow insane amounts of money on beats with horrible audio quality, awful build quality(literally they could break on you taking off, or putting them on), not to mention a awful, cheap look, simply because it has a perceived "cool" factor, or had dres name on it. ...I really cannot see how dre would put his name and reputation on such horrible trash.
post #214 of 2287/23/11 at 12:50pmI really don't have a problem with those who want to spend so much money on little IEMs that probably sound just about as good as any other cheaper ones in the market, no problem with people spending so much on high end headphones that are generally regarded as overpriced and terrible. I do have a problem with people who say, "don't hate cause you poor kid" to people who try to "edjumacate" them.
I'd say the reason so many buy these overpriced cans is because prominent figures in the music scene (LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem, Bieber, David Guetta) are seen using them. Studio Solo HD ... I doubt they're really even used for monitoring and studio use =s I can't comment on how they sound since I haven't gotten the chance to try them on but from all the reviews I've seen on these forums, they probably sound real crappy.
The Beats are widely regarded as a purely cosmetic item. The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads.post #215 of 2287/23/11 at 1:07pmpost #216 of 2287/25/11 at 8:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by koolkat
The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads.
Wouldn't you be looking for DJ headphones???
post #217 of 2287/25/11 at 8:22pmpost #218 of 2287/25/11 at 8:29pm
Once you've actually bought something, it's impossible to gauge whether or not it's a good choice. (Even though everyone will say "Duh.") Listen to the TMA-1's and Pros. If you like the TMA's, you made a good choice. If you like to Pros more, then you like them more. It shouldn't be hard to return or sell the TMA's for minimal loss. Don't be swayed by what we say, it'll get you looking for the type of music you should use your headphones with instead of adapting the thing you use to your wants.post #219 of 2287/25/11 at 9:23pmQuote:
The TMA-1s are far more managable. If you get a pad for the headband you can wear them indefinately. Dre Pros are a bit heavy. And in terms of construction, I think that both are extremely sturdy and well built. Personally I like the TMA-1s more, but that is me. I still need to listen to the HD25-1 IIs more, but that is for a later day.
Also, the TMA-1s are wonderfully understatedpost #220 of 2285/8/12 at 5:04pm
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas. you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones. do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones. if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.post #221 of 2285/8/12 at 5:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by masterblanket
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas. you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones. do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones. if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.
welcome too head fipost #222 of 2285/8/12 at 7:18pm
I got Beats Tour in February I think (off of the official Monster site), and they broke within a month.
Luckily, it was still under warranty and I got a replacement pair for free (except for the shipping). Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many times you can get replacements? I think mine are gonna break soon.
To be honest, I think I only got them because of the popularity in-school and it also matches my phone (both earbuds and phone are red/black).post #223 of 2285/8/12 at 7:41pmpost #224 of 2286/12/12 at 5:26pm
I am nuts about headphones for many reasons; first i love music; second i need them to play my drums; and third i don't really have time to sit down in front of my stereo setup.
That being said, i own lots of stuff from Shure's SE535 and Senn's IE8 to Grado's SR80 and AKG's K550 and K701 and i also own the Beats Pro. I play drums wearing Senn's HD25 1 II and also use them straight from my iPod. When i bought the Beats Pro i initialy didn't like the sound but after a little burning in, mids get quite clear and highs turn acceptable. Mostly i listen to my music straight from an iPod Touch 4g and music at 320Kbps on a flat eq and in that setup the beats pro are extremely decent. I am not fond of any other product from Monster but these pro's are a good pair of headphones despite of their poor value for money considering i paid half their price for the AKG's K550 which in my opinion are stellar quality headphones. I do not hate Monster, i just hate the Beats Solo cause they realy are crappy as hell.
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 16 seconds ago
- › BEST ANIME OF 2013 ノ( ゜-゜ノ) 19 seconds ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 4 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 5 minutes ago
- › The Woo Audio 2 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe