FWIW, in my measurements, the Lady Gaga is the best Monster IEM. 8-O
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 12/18/16 at 9:52am in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 9/27/16 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 14
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
310 Total Votespost #196 of 2396/23/11 at 7:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2396/23/11 at 7:56amQuote:
I've tried my best friend's ones, she bought them for $100, sounded nothing like a $100 IEM/headphone.
Turbines on the other hand, fare MUCH better. At least, to my ears.post #198 of 2396/23/11 at 10:50amQuote:
That may be true, but it still doesn't excuse them falling apart inside of a case.post #199 of 2396/23/11 at 11:26amQuote:
My friend wanted a pair of Heartbeats. I should give a pair to her for her birthday and sneak a listen.post #200 of 2396/23/11 at 12:13pmpost #201 of 2396/23/11 at 12:17pmQuote:
And the thing is, Noel Lee knows what sounds good. He's been to a Canjam. There's a picture of him with Sigmas on, and apparently he tried to voice the Turbine Pro series with the ER4 as a reference. I mean I don't see the resemblance, because both Turbine Pros sound really smooth, while the ER4 is clinical, but just putting it out there.post #202 of 2396/23/11 at 1:07pm
maybe they just have a problem with the lower range market? I think we all assume the <$150-200 market is easy? Maybe it is really hard to get good audio at affordable pricing.
Ive also seen good reviews mainly for heartbeats, and bad reviews mainly for the regular beats iems, anyone else notice this?
Maybe audio is just kind of hit or miss, a lot of companies have good and bad products , no?
But then again, some say Monster is just a shady company to begin with, like the cable thing, ect.post #203 of 2396/23/11 at 1:18pm
It's not worth caring too much for good sound at low prices. The people who buy Tours or whatever are in it for the brand not the sound, but for $300, they assume people will do their research, and need to make a decent product.post #204 of 2396/23/11 at 1:24pmQuote:
yes, but the INITIAL interest was because they were sold as better sound than earbuds, no? Kind of like a bridging of audiophiles, and kids who have earbuds.
I just can't completely agree noel lee is out to screw everyone for $post #205 of 2396/23/11 at 1:29pm
Well, yes, they are definitely better than iBuds and such, but they're only, say, 10% better than the $45 MEElectronics M31. They don't sound garbage. They're decent in fact, but still over priced for what they are, which is a fun IEM. When you consider the fact that you can get a solid pair of IEM's like the B2, RE262, GR07, or EX700 for a few more bucks. The Jamz look to be okay too, but they're $100. That puts them in the price group of the CC51, RE0, M3, and such, which are probably more capable, but I can't say for sure.
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 1:31pmpost #206 of 2396/23/11 at 1:38pm
maybe its the whole production model. They have the beats in computers now, im thinking they had to upsale to attract companies with high revenues on cheap audio?
i think a lot of people forget that a lot of people don't care about audio as much as themselves, and want a cool looking headphone.
thing is how do people even get into good audio? a 18 year old kid that thinks hey i want some better audio, like myself when i was 18, then i see in the store they have "bose" headphones, which sound really good to me, but look like something my grandma would wear. Is this important? well... no, but im not going to wear the pants my grandfather wore too, and i dont think that makes me dumb. The only reason i knew there were good headphones was when i went to audio engineering school. Before that i spent all my money on drum machines and recording devices, turntables, and the closest thing to good headphones i ever thought about was 100 dollar dj headphones. It just isnt presented to kids , they have to search and find it, which will only start if their parents or something is into it.
I think the great thing the beats do , is put that "good audio" into the conciousness of the mainstream without that "nerd audio label" that i think a lot of people get, like a nerdy kid in his basement talking about "better sound cards" blah blah.
Edited by n-phect - 6/23/11 at 1:53pmpost #207 of 2396/23/11 at 1:49pmpost #208 of 2396/23/11 at 1:57pmpost #209 of 2396/23/11 at 3:23pm
I did a count when I updated my "Rank Your Headphones" list. I have 31...now that I think of it, I could probably sell off only half of my collection and be able to afford an HE500 or something.
Did you mean to post that in a different thread?
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 3:24pm
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
- Headphone Impedance
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 36 seconds ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 4 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear