FWIW, in my measurements, the Lady Gaga is the best Monster IEM. 8-O
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 3/26/16 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Newbie Looking for Good Headphones Last post on 6/4/12 at 3:34am in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 9/27/16 at 10:35am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 14
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
310 Total Votespost #196 of 2396/23/11 at 7:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2396/23/11 at 7:56amQuote:
I've tried my best friend's ones, she bought them for $100, sounded nothing like a $100 IEM/headphone.
Turbines on the other hand, fare MUCH better. At least, to my ears.post #198 of 2396/23/11 at 10:50amQuote:
That may be true, but it still doesn't excuse them falling apart inside of a case.post #199 of 2396/23/11 at 11:26amQuote:
My friend wanted a pair of Heartbeats. I should give a pair to her for her birthday and sneak a listen.post #200 of 2396/23/11 at 12:13pmpost #201 of 2396/23/11 at 12:17pmQuote:
And the thing is, Noel Lee knows what sounds good. He's been to a Canjam. There's a picture of him with Sigmas on, and apparently he tried to voice the Turbine Pro series with the ER4 as a reference. I mean I don't see the resemblance, because both Turbine Pros sound really smooth, while the ER4 is clinical, but just putting it out there.post #202 of 2396/23/11 at 1:07pm
maybe they just have a problem with the lower range market? I think we all assume the <$150-200 market is easy? Maybe it is really hard to get good audio at affordable pricing.
Ive also seen good reviews mainly for heartbeats, and bad reviews mainly for the regular beats iems, anyone else notice this?
Maybe audio is just kind of hit or miss, a lot of companies have good and bad products , no?
But then again, some say Monster is just a shady company to begin with, like the cable thing, ect.post #203 of 2396/23/11 at 1:18pm
It's not worth caring too much for good sound at low prices. The people who buy Tours or whatever are in it for the brand not the sound, but for $300, they assume people will do their research, and need to make a decent product.post #204 of 2396/23/11 at 1:24pmQuote:
yes, but the INITIAL interest was because they were sold as better sound than earbuds, no? Kind of like a bridging of audiophiles, and kids who have earbuds.
I just can't completely agree noel lee is out to screw everyone for $post #205 of 2396/23/11 at 1:29pm
Well, yes, they are definitely better than iBuds and such, but they're only, say, 10% better than the $45 MEElectronics M31. They don't sound garbage. They're decent in fact, but still over priced for what they are, which is a fun IEM. When you consider the fact that you can get a solid pair of IEM's like the B2, RE262, GR07, or EX700 for a few more bucks. The Jamz look to be okay too, but they're $100. That puts them in the price group of the CC51, RE0, M3, and such, which are probably more capable, but I can't say for sure.
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 1:31pmpost #206 of 2396/23/11 at 1:38pm
maybe its the whole production model. They have the beats in computers now, im thinking they had to upsale to attract companies with high revenues on cheap audio?
i think a lot of people forget that a lot of people don't care about audio as much as themselves, and want a cool looking headphone.
thing is how do people even get into good audio? a 18 year old kid that thinks hey i want some better audio, like myself when i was 18, then i see in the store they have "bose" headphones, which sound really good to me, but look like something my grandma would wear. Is this important? well... no, but im not going to wear the pants my grandfather wore too, and i dont think that makes me dumb. The only reason i knew there were good headphones was when i went to audio engineering school. Before that i spent all my money on drum machines and recording devices, turntables, and the closest thing to good headphones i ever thought about was 100 dollar dj headphones. It just isnt presented to kids , they have to search and find it, which will only start if their parents or something is into it.
I think the great thing the beats do , is put that "good audio" into the conciousness of the mainstream without that "nerd audio label" that i think a lot of people get, like a nerdy kid in his basement talking about "better sound cards" blah blah.
Edited by n-phect - 6/23/11 at 1:53pmpost #207 of 2396/23/11 at 1:49pmpost #208 of 2396/23/11 at 1:57pmpost #209 of 2396/23/11 at 3:23pm
I did a count when I updated my "Rank Your Headphones" list. I have 31...now that I think of it, I could probably sell off only half of my collection and be able to afford an HE500 or something.
Did you mean to post that in a different thread?
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 3:24pm
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Effect Audio cables - new thread for discussion, reviews, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 8 minutes ago
- › HTC 10 vs. Xperia XP/XZ - Headphone Sound Quality 9 minutes ago
- › Now that Focal introduced beryllium into the headphone market, will... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 12 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 13 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...