FWIW, in my measurements, the Lady Gaga is the best Monster IEM. 8-O
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser HD518, it just needs to gain some weight Last post on 6/9/14 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/29/12 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 14
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
301 Total Votespost #196 of 2396/23/11 at 7:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 2396/23/11 at 7:56amQuote:
I've tried my best friend's ones, she bought them for $100, sounded nothing like a $100 IEM/headphone.
Turbines on the other hand, fare MUCH better. At least, to my ears.post #198 of 2396/23/11 at 10:50amQuote:
That may be true, but it still doesn't excuse them falling apart inside of a case.post #199 of 2396/23/11 at 11:26amQuote:
My friend wanted a pair of Heartbeats. I should give a pair to her for her birthday and sneak a listen.post #200 of 2396/23/11 at 12:13pmpost #201 of 2396/23/11 at 12:17pmQuote:
And the thing is, Noel Lee knows what sounds good. He's been to a Canjam. There's a picture of him with Sigmas on, and apparently he tried to voice the Turbine Pro series with the ER4 as a reference. I mean I don't see the resemblance, because both Turbine Pros sound really smooth, while the ER4 is clinical, but just putting it out there.post #202 of 2396/23/11 at 1:07pm
maybe they just have a problem with the lower range market? I think we all assume the <$150-200 market is easy? Maybe it is really hard to get good audio at affordable pricing.
Ive also seen good reviews mainly for heartbeats, and bad reviews mainly for the regular beats iems, anyone else notice this?
Maybe audio is just kind of hit or miss, a lot of companies have good and bad products , no?
But then again, some say Monster is just a shady company to begin with, like the cable thing, ect.post #203 of 2396/23/11 at 1:18pm
It's not worth caring too much for good sound at low prices. The people who buy Tours or whatever are in it for the brand not the sound, but for $300, they assume people will do their research, and need to make a decent product.post #204 of 2396/23/11 at 1:24pmQuote:
yes, but the INITIAL interest was because they were sold as better sound than earbuds, no? Kind of like a bridging of audiophiles, and kids who have earbuds.
I just can't completely agree noel lee is out to screw everyone for $post #205 of 2396/23/11 at 1:29pm
Well, yes, they are definitely better than iBuds and such, but they're only, say, 10% better than the $45 MEElectronics M31. They don't sound garbage. They're decent in fact, but still over priced for what they are, which is a fun IEM. When you consider the fact that you can get a solid pair of IEM's like the B2, RE262, GR07, or EX700 for a few more bucks. The Jamz look to be okay too, but they're $100. That puts them in the price group of the CC51, RE0, M3, and such, which are probably more capable, but I can't say for sure.
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 1:31pmpost #206 of 2396/23/11 at 1:38pm
maybe its the whole production model. They have the beats in computers now, im thinking they had to upsale to attract companies with high revenues on cheap audio?
i think a lot of people forget that a lot of people don't care about audio as much as themselves, and want a cool looking headphone.
thing is how do people even get into good audio? a 18 year old kid that thinks hey i want some better audio, like myself when i was 18, then i see in the store they have "bose" headphones, which sound really good to me, but look like something my grandma would wear. Is this important? well... no, but im not going to wear the pants my grandfather wore too, and i dont think that makes me dumb. The only reason i knew there were good headphones was when i went to audio engineering school. Before that i spent all my money on drum machines and recording devices, turntables, and the closest thing to good headphones i ever thought about was 100 dollar dj headphones. It just isnt presented to kids , they have to search and find it, which will only start if their parents or something is into it.
I think the great thing the beats do , is put that "good audio" into the conciousness of the mainstream without that "nerd audio label" that i think a lot of people get, like a nerdy kid in his basement talking about "better sound cards" blah blah.
Edited by n-phect - 6/23/11 at 1:53pmpost #207 of 2396/23/11 at 1:49pmpost #208 of 2396/23/11 at 1:57pmpost #209 of 2396/23/11 at 3:23pm
I did a count when I updated my "Rank Your Headphones" list. I have 31...now that I think of it, I could probably sell off only half of my collection and be able to afford an HE500 or something.
Did you mean to post that in a different thread?
Edited by Ishcabible - 6/23/11 at 3:24pm
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › upgrade from M50x 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › Denon AHD-5000 (Excellent Condition) 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Request of Assistance 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)