If anyone is wondering about the grave at the end of the video, Eric Wright is the real name of Eazy-E.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser HD518, it just needs to gain some weight Last post on 6/9/14 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 11
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
302 Total Votes
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2396/20/11 at 11:01pmQuote:
Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.post #153 of 2396/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by bradhyper
Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.
Not really. Any way to differentiate the fake Pros? I know how to differentiate the fake Studios but... they ain't worth my time.post #154 of 2396/20/11 at 11:08pm
Well. You can hold them. Do they feel metal (this is a good sign). You could mess with the dual inputs (see if they will cherry jack into another set of headphones). If you're trying to buy online it's going to be hard to find out =\.
Like I said, I don't know if there are fake Pros. It would be a lot harder to replicate these phones than the studios (the build design is very sturdy).post #155 of 2396/20/11 at 11:09pm
wait $200. if i can find them for even $300 i would jump at the opportunity. those things sound amazing to me.post #156 of 2396/20/11 at 11:10pmQuote:
Wow. Very surprised there, because I A-B'd the Beats Studio (not Pro) with the M50 and came away disgusted with the Studio. I also used to own the 440.
Is the Pro much better than the regular Studio?post #157 of 2396/20/11 at 11:11pmQuote:
Like I said in an earlier post they really will wear on your ears. I loved the sound, hated wearing them. I have glasses and I had visible redness and irritation after an hour where it jammed the glasses into the side of my head.
For this reason I would say 200-250 is a decent price point for the pros.post #158 of 2396/20/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
I was referring to comparing with the Pro, not the Studio. The Studios were trash.
When you compare the two Beats, the Pro is significantly better sounding than the Studio, no contest.post #159 of 2396/20/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
I thought so, but it was after going about 2 weeks without listening to the studios. I also listened almost exclusively to bass heavy music with them (it was the thing they did best). I was always a bit disappointed with the studios (and I didn't have any reference points for those. I was not disappointed by the Pros (I still don't have a 400$ comparison phone, I know you can get better for 400, but for 200?)post #160 of 2396/20/11 at 11:27pmpost #161 of 2396/20/11 at 11:34pm
i will laugh so hard if these become praised.post #162 of 2396/20/11 at 11:41pm
Why? It'd be a terrible case of prejudice if the Beats Pro are indeed good headphones, and the entire community here refused to acknowledge it.
Many members know Monster had (has?) a terrible rep when it comes to cables--but the same crowd will still recommend the Monster Turbine IEMs, because they are good earphones.post #163 of 2396/21/11 at 1:35ampost #164 of 2396/21/11 at 2:08am
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 16 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 52 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 4 minutes ago
- › Tools for Analyzing the Quality of Mastering 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 7 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 8 minutes ago
- › Best UIEM to run with 9 minutes ago
- › PHONON SMB-02 - HOLY GRAIL 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)