If anyone is wondering about the grave at the end of the video, Eric Wright is the real name of Eazy-E.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From Monster® - Pro-tuned Over-Ear - Black)tagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live!; Brainwavz HM5; Something else? Last post on 6/14/12 at 5:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Pro Vs Ultrasone Pro 900 Last post on 12/26/12 at 7:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser HD518, it just needs to gain some weight Last post on 6/9/14 at 2:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphones handle very fast, complex music better: Sennheiser or Grado? [and NOT just hard... Last post on 7/13/14 at 9:18am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 11
Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre
303 Total Votes
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #152 of 2396/20/11 at 11:01pmQuote:
Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.post #153 of 2396/20/11 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by bradhyper
Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.
Not really. Any way to differentiate the fake Pros? I know how to differentiate the fake Studios but... they ain't worth my time.post #154 of 2396/20/11 at 11:08pm
Well. You can hold them. Do they feel metal (this is a good sign). You could mess with the dual inputs (see if they will cherry jack into another set of headphones). If you're trying to buy online it's going to be hard to find out =\.
Like I said, I don't know if there are fake Pros. It would be a lot harder to replicate these phones than the studios (the build design is very sturdy).post #155 of 2396/20/11 at 11:09pm
wait $200. if i can find them for even $300 i would jump at the opportunity. those things sound amazing to me.post #156 of 2396/20/11 at 11:10pmQuote:
Wow. Very surprised there, because I A-B'd the Beats Studio (not Pro) with the M50 and came away disgusted with the Studio. I also used to own the 440.
Is the Pro much better than the regular Studio?post #157 of 2396/20/11 at 11:11pmQuote:
Like I said in an earlier post they really will wear on your ears. I loved the sound, hated wearing them. I have glasses and I had visible redness and irritation after an hour where it jammed the glasses into the side of my head.
For this reason I would say 200-250 is a decent price point for the pros.post #158 of 2396/20/11 at 11:13pmQuote:
I was referring to comparing with the Pro, not the Studio. The Studios were trash.
When you compare the two Beats, the Pro is significantly better sounding than the Studio, no contest.post #159 of 2396/20/11 at 11:14pmQuote:
I thought so, but it was after going about 2 weeks without listening to the studios. I also listened almost exclusively to bass heavy music with them (it was the thing they did best). I was always a bit disappointed with the studios (and I didn't have any reference points for those. I was not disappointed by the Pros (I still don't have a 400$ comparison phone, I know you can get better for 400, but for 200?)post #160 of 2396/20/11 at 11:27pmpost #161 of 2396/20/11 at 11:34pm
i will laugh so hard if these become praised.post #162 of 2396/20/11 at 11:41pm
Why? It'd be a terrible case of prejudice if the Beats Pro are indeed good headphones, and the entire community here refused to acknowledge it.
Many members know Monster had (has?) a terrible rep when it comes to cables--but the same crowd will still recommend the Monster Turbine IEMs, because they are good earphones.post #163 of 2396/21/11 at 1:35ampost #164 of 2396/21/11 at 2:08am
- What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 4 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 40 seconds ago
- › New Gaming Headset 54 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Ambassadors Program! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)