Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the Deal With Beats By Dre? - Page 10

Poll Results: Do you like Monster and Beats By Dre

 
  • 9% (29)
    Yes
  • 90% (272)
    No
301 Total Votes  
post #136 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roller View Post





I take it natashaful didn't say it regarding the mishap itself but merely regarding the headphones. Though it was unfortunate timing.


Probably should have assumed that...and I think I voted yes. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

EDIT: No I didn't, but I voted yes just now to be honest. They're decent.


Edited by Ishcabible - 6/20/11 at 7:05pm
post #137 of 239

Never tried them, nor dare try themnormal_smile%20.gif

post #138 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post




Probably should have assumed that...and I think I voted yes. very_evil_smiley.gif

 

EDIT: No I didn't, but I voted yes just now to be honest. They're decent.

ya they truly aren't as bad as people here make them out to be. most people who dislike them mostly dislike the sound signature. in all honesty the rig they have at best buy with there music sounds kickass to me. not that i like the music or anything but it's kind of what i expected hi-fi to sound like. they must have done something with it because when i tried them without their setup they sounded like trash. i learned one thing from this ordeal. never trust store demo stations.
 

 

post #139 of 239

I used to have the Studios and Pros and now I have Shure 840s. The Pros were nice headphones IMO. They were the best pair I had to date. I have been looking into getting a nice pair in the 400$ price range, so I will get back to you on the difference between 400$ Beats and 400$ whatever I get.

 

The bass Quantity on the Pros was amazing, mids and trebles came through if you listened for them. No fatigue when listening at all. I cranked them all the way up on my iPod and smiled when I first got them. I am liking the 840s, but not nearly as much as I did the Pros.

 

I also had Bose QC15, the sound on those was not very good. I like the 840s more than those and I got them for less than half the price.

 

If the Pros sold for 250 I would consider picking them up again.

 

The Studios were not terrible, I enjoyed them coming from what I had before (apple buds then bose triports) but they broke in 7 months. BAD build, they don't even hit the 1 year warranty mark.

post #140 of 239

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhyper View Post

I used to have the Studios and Pros and now I have Shure 840s. The Pros were nice headphones IMO. They were the best pair I had to date. I have been looking into getting a nice pair in the 400$ price range, so I will get back to you on the difference between 400$ Beats and 400$ whatever I get.

 

The bass Quantity on the Pros was amazing, mids and trebles came through if you listened for them. No fatigue when listening at all. I cranked them all the way up on my iPod and smiled when I first got them. I am liking the 840s, but not nearly as much as I did the Pros.

 

I also had Bose QC15, the sound on those was not very good. I like the 840s more than those and I got them for less than half the price.

 

If the Pros sold for 250 I would consider picking them up again.

 

The Studios were not terrible, I enjoyed them coming from what I had before (apple buds then bose triports) but they broke in 7 months. BAD build, they don't even hit the 1 year warranty mark.



Agreed. The Pros are very good basshead headphones from the first time I've listened to them. I may get them if I find a deal at about $200...

The Studios, Solos and/or any other Monster headphone however, were TERRIBLE at their price point. I haven't heard any $400 headphone so I can't comment on the Beats Pro's worthiness, but the rest did not even beat the M50's sound quality, not even the Studios. The Solo HD was even more disappointing considering that it retails at about $200, but even my Portapro could best it in terms of bass quantity, quality and overall detail pickup. I would only pay $50 TOPS on that piece of junk.

 

The Studios aren't as hellaciously bad as the Solo HD, but they are pretty bad for the asking price. The noise cancelling system is buggy and pretty mediocre, sound quality is horrendously overpriced and has some durability issues as well. Bass wasn't as pronounced or controlled as the M50, the HFI-580 or the XB700, more towards the XB500-esque low end. It wasn't as bassy as I though it would be, but has quite a bit of bass bleed and poor mids that sound veiled. Mind you, I'm giving all these comparisons at its $250~300 price point.

 

It really pains me to see people being sucked into these hats they call headphones.

 

 

post #141 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhyper View Post

I used to have the Studios and Pros and now I have Shure 840s. The Pros were nice headphones IMO. They were the best pair I had to date. I have been looking into getting a nice pair in the 400$ price range, so I will get back to you on the difference between 400$ Beats and 400$ whatever I get.

 

The bass Quantity on the Pros was amazing, mids and trebles came through if you listened for them. No fatigue when listening at all. I cranked them all the way up on my iPod and smiled when I first got them. I am liking the 840s, but not nearly as much as I did the Pros.

 

I also had Bose QC15, the sound on those was not very good. I like the 840s more than those and I got them for less than half the price.

 

If the Pros sold for 250 I would consider picking them up again.

 

The Studios were not terrible, I enjoyed them coming from what I had before (apple buds then bose triports) but they broke in 7 months. BAD build, they don't even hit the 1 year warranty mark.

i agree entirely. trying them at futureshop i found them amazing. they worked well with poorly recorded music and hid bad quality well. they made everything sound good. but the louder i played them the more muddy they became. they were not harsh but muddy. i would actually have no problem paying $300 for them. durability and sound make it worth it. but the studios sounded terrible to me. i wouldn't pay more then $100 for those.

 

 

edit: i agree with you as i actually prefer beats pros to my shure srh840.
 

 


Edited by bcasey25raptor - 6/20/11 at 10:42pm
post #142 of 239

The REAL downside to the Pros was that they were literally painful to wear. I have my 840s on for 4+ hours a day, no problems. I had the pros on for 4 hours and my hears still hurt *the next day*

post #143 of 239

So... is the $300~400 price tag on the Beats Pro worth it? It certainly beats most under $200 'phones I've tried.

 

Can't say the same for the others though.

post #144 of 239

Not worth one single bit

post #145 of 239

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HynchSidrick View Post

Not worth one single bit



Any reason why?

post #146 of 239

400? No. 300? Better but still no.

 

They sounded good (especially for bass heads) but they kill your ears and are not good for long term listening. If you can grab them used or something for like 200 I would try them (if you don't like them I'm sure you could get 200 back out of them on ebay or something).

 

My 840s were 125 and only sound marginally worse. The bass quality is there, the quantity is less (obviously).

post #147 of 239

crinacle, what <$200 headphones are you comparing the Beats Pro to? 

(And just to be clear--since we're both located in Singapore--you're referring to prices in USD, yes?)

post #148 of 239

I see. Well I got someone trying to sell 'em to me for $200, guess that's a good deal...

 

@Eric Yeah I'm referring all to USD first. I'm comparing them mostly to the XB500, XB700, HFI-580, Pro700 MKII, M50, SRH440, D1100 and the HFI-780.


Edited by crinacle - 6/20/11 at 11:00pm
post #149 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_C View Post

crinacle, what <$200 headphones are you comparing the Beats Pro to? 

(And just to be clear--since we're both located in Singapore--you're referring to prices in USD, yes?)


 

They beat my srh 840s (msrp 250, I got them 125). USD. IMO of course. They were VERY bass heavy. They killed it for listening to electronic, Trance, DnB.

post #150 of 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by crinacle View Post

 



Any reason why?



Overpriced. Uncomfortable. So-so sound quality. All hype

$300-400 will get you ultrasone pro 900/2900 or at es10 or shure srh940 and many more that will blow away the pros

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?