Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New RSA predator owner with questions/concerns
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New RSA predator owner with questions/concerns - Page 2

post #16 of 27

I am using the Predator and the LCD-2 with iTunes and an external hard drive and the sound is very good. Bass impact dynamics general sound quality are all very good. Pay it Forward, Luther Allison, Dock on the Bay, great!

post #17 of 27
Thread Starter 

I've tried everything I could think of and it still sounds like shit with Itunes and some other media players...

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdimitri View Post

I've tried everything I could think of and it still sounds like shit with Itunes and some other media players...

I am sorry to read this. I don't know what to say. If your Predator does well on some software and not others, it would have to be the output. I know mine sounds fine on iTunes so there is some sort of output problem with your iTunes.  
 

 

post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 

I've tried restoring my mac to feb 2010 in hope that any software issues/clashes would be resolved but I had no luck in doing so.  I guess using the DAC portion of the amp is not an option with my mac. I am really dissapoitned and cannot understand why this is happening. It's not a hardware problem because it works fine with quicktime 7, but games, movies, itunes, etc... sound like crap on my computer. I really can't really identify the source of the problem...

post #20 of 27

If I was in your place, it would probably put me over the edge to the point where I would reinstall OS X from scratch. It sucks, but it would almost certainly resolve your issue.

 

Sorry you're having so much trouble.. :/

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerdimitri View Post

I've tried restoring my mac to feb 2010 in hope that any software issues/clashes would be resolved but I had no luck in doing so.  I guess using the DAC portion of the amp is not an option with my mac. I am really dissapoitned and cannot understand why this is happening. It's not a hardware problem because it works fine with quicktime 7, but games, movies, itunes, etc... sound like crap on my computer. I really can't really identify the source of the problem...



Hi Dimitri....

If I were you I would take the Predetor & my MAC to any Apple store in my town. First, I would try the Predator with any Mac in the store. If everything works well, then I will let them check out my Mac's poor performance with iTunes. 

Ray Samuels

 

 

post #22 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thread View Post

If I was in your place, it would probably put me over the edge to the point where I would reinstall OS X from scratch. It sucks, but it would almost certainly resolve your issue.

 

Sorry you're having so much trouble.. :/

 

 

Unfortunately, I cannot be bothered to reinstall OS X from scratch as it will take ages to get it back to the way it is now. I'm sure there is another way
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Samuels View Post





Hi Dimitri....

If I were you I would take the Predetor & my MAC to any Apple store in my town. First, I would try the Predator with any Mac in the store. If everything works well, then I will let them check out my Mac's poor performance with iTunes. 

Ray Samuels

 

 



Thats a great idea ray. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as an apple store where I live, but there are stores that re-distribute apple products such as isyte, who have qualified people and a service center. They would know what I am talking about, but I really hope they can find a quick fix without having me buy a new MBP from their shop!

 

post #23 of 27

That is a great idea Ray. And even if there isn't a regular Mac store, maybe you can try it on another Mac computer. 

post #24 of 27
Thread Starter 

I got the pico USB DAC today and tried it on my computer and the exact same thing happens. I still haven't taken my rig to an apple store to try it on other mac computers, but I will try a complete OS reinstall to see if that solves the problem. I'll let you know how things go...

post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 

Alright, so I reinstalled my OS from scratch to 10.5.2 and it seems so have solved the problem with both the predator and the pico DAC. That's good news for me, but I still haven't found the source of the problem, and now I have to reinstall everything from scratch. Does anyone know what program might be causing this malfunction on my mac? 

post #26 of 27

Especially without a list of the software you were using, I don't think anybody will be able to make any helpful guesses.

 

I would test the audio after installing each program. :) Maybe you can figure out which is causing the issue that way, if any. Could have just been that your system got broked some other way and you'll be totally fine going forward.

 

Glad to hear you're making some progress, though.

post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 

I've got all the apps i want reinstalled and the problem seems to have dissapeared completely. I am so glad that's over with, but in case it happens again, I will have a backup waiting for me, and would be able to trace the root cause  of this problem. Lets just hope it doesnt happen again. Thanks for the help guys!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › New RSA predator owner with questions/concerns