- 5,469 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- As a RE0 owner, I noticed HiFiman has 2 other headphones..... Last post on 5/29/11 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions Last post on 10/5/15 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for In-ear-monitor $100 or under Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Hifiman RE 242?? - Page 3post #31 of 433/13/11 at 2:16pmI don't think that the housing is any different from the 262 and I don't know if it's made from metal
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 433/13/11 at 3:24pmpost #33 of 433/13/11 at 4:36pmpost #34 of 433/13/11 at 5:26pm
Yeah very true guys, it can be a plastic housing with metallic color. I really hope not (sounds tacky) any chance you could check to see nc8000? a small magnet would suffice if you can't distinguish it by feel.post #35 of 433/13/11 at 10:14pm
I honestly don't know why more people don't use the Xcape v.1 housing. That's one of the most perfect, isolating, comfortable, versatile housings I've seen for a dynamic driver universal. I don't get it. I guess a tapered aluminum cylinder isn't the cheapest option.post #36 of 433/13/11 at 10:18pm
For a driver of that size (9mm) the Xcapes have hands down the best housing I have seen. Even though I can get a good seal with the RE262s (using a weird outward angle) it just doesn't get as good as the Xcapes (V1 of course).post #37 of 433/14/11 at 2:11amQuote:
It isn't magnetic but that does not necesarily mean that it isn't metal as the cups on my Edition8 also aren't magnetic and they are certainly metal.
As to shape I no longer have the 262 with me to cpompare but from memory it is the same shape or very close and it feels the same in ear.post #38 of 433/15/11 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #39 of 433/15/11 at 7:18ampost #40 of 433/22/11 at 3:58pmpost #41 of 435/21/11 at 3:47pmpost #42 of 436/1/11 at 11:09amQuote:
Heard anything about how long now for production models to be sold please?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE 242??
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated 15 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 30 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 34 seconds ago
- › Acoustic Research M20 Coming soon 51 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Audio GD New NOS 7 2016 Edition Impression Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear