- 4,234 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- As a RE0 owner, I noticed HiFiman has 2 other headphones..... Last post on 5/29/11 at 3:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE262 Initial Impressions Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Newb Looking for Good IEM around 150 (GR07,262,EPH-100,R-50,BA200) Last post on 12/2/12 at 2:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for In-ear-monitor $100 or under Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:16pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
Hifiman RE 242?? - Page 3post #31 of 433/13/11 at 2:16pmI don't think that the housing is any different from the 262 and I don't know if it's made from metal
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 433/13/11 at 3:24pmpost #33 of 433/13/11 at 4:36pmpost #34 of 433/13/11 at 5:26pm
Yeah very true guys, it can be a plastic housing with metallic color. I really hope not (sounds tacky) any chance you could check to see nc8000? a small magnet would suffice if you can't distinguish it by feel.post #35 of 433/13/11 at 10:14pm
I honestly don't know why more people don't use the Xcape v.1 housing. That's one of the most perfect, isolating, comfortable, versatile housings I've seen for a dynamic driver universal. I don't get it. I guess a tapered aluminum cylinder isn't the cheapest option.post #36 of 433/13/11 at 10:18pm
For a driver of that size (9mm) the Xcapes have hands down the best housing I have seen. Even though I can get a good seal with the RE262s (using a weird outward angle) it just doesn't get as good as the Xcapes (V1 of course).post #37 of 433/14/11 at 2:11amQuote:
It isn't magnetic but that does not necesarily mean that it isn't metal as the cups on my Edition8 also aren't magnetic and they are certainly metal.
As to shape I no longer have the 262 with me to cpompare but from memory it is the same shape or very close and it feels the same in ear.post #38 of 433/15/11 at 6:47amThread Starterpost #39 of 433/15/11 at 7:18ampost #40 of 433/22/11 at 3:58pmpost #41 of 435/21/11 at 3:47pmpost #42 of 436/1/11 at 11:09amQuote:
Heard anything about how long now for production models to be sold please?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hifiman RE 242??
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Video Game Music Thread 1 second ago
- › Can you recommend good headphones for me... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 1985 Version... Need To Upgrade... 3 minutes ago
- › Not able to edit community profile or account info <- Read your... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan High-End Series Owners' Club (Enter with the Google Docs... 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob