No problem! When you get your new stuff in, maybe you want to give a little mini review with some pictures?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 8:13 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Thx for advice :Essence STX < GoVibe Peak < Beyer DT880 Pro (600ohm) Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990 - Page 2post #16 of 223/10/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/11/11 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #18 of 223/11/11 at 3:55pmpost #19 of 223/31/11 at 12:12pm
Do you have your ATH-A700 amped or un-amped?
Quote:post #20 of 223/31/11 at 12:21pm
I didn't read the responses in this thread, but I know there are people that go around preaching that the ATH-AD700's don't benefit from an amp.I'm here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt 259% they do. Using an EQ to boost the low frequencies on each test as follows: Without an amp the bass is absolutely weak and dead. On my Xonar Essence STX the bass is good and hits nice, with an external powerful amp like the e9, the bass is very full, strong, tight, hits very good.
Edited by WaveRider69 - 3/31/11 at 1:28pmpost #21 of 224/1/11 at 9:12pm
I don't have one personally, but from what I've read, they might be little difficult to drive without an amp.post #22 of 224/1/11 at 11:48pm
I've heard the same though others have said the opposite, that the do not need an amp. In my opinion, I'd get one just in case, a mid range one (either solid state or tube) because it will bring a little more power to the headphones and when the time comes to upgrade to a higher end headphone, you'll be ready for the need for the need to add more juice to the system. Also, powering/listening to your music from your MP3 players out jack bring a lot of unwanted harshness and degradation of sound. I'd recommend a LOD (Line Out Dock) cable; it's the input that you plug your iPod in to charge it with. At the other end of it is a 3.5 mm jack to insert into the amps IN jack, that connection provides a much better sounding connection without the loss of quality. Some may be able to hear the difference, other may not, it's a personal preference. It also depends on your source too as far as adequate amping.
Edited by bidea117 - 4/1/11 at 11:49pm
- ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Burson Conductor - V2 and V2+ 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 8 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350 Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 13 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 13 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 15 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 15 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 15 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 16 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 17 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...