No problem! When you get your new stuff in, maybe you want to give a little mini review with some pictures?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 12:26 am in Video Games Discussion
- Thx for advice :Essence STX < GoVibe Peak < Beyer DT880 Pro (600ohm) Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990 - Page 2post #16 of 223/10/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/11/11 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #18 of 223/11/11 at 3:55pmpost #19 of 223/31/11 at 12:12pm
Do you have your ATH-A700 amped or un-amped?
Quote:post #20 of 223/31/11 at 12:21pm
I didn't read the responses in this thread, but I know there are people that go around preaching that the ATH-AD700's don't benefit from an amp.I'm here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt 259% they do. Using an EQ to boost the low frequencies on each test as follows: Without an amp the bass is absolutely weak and dead. On my Xonar Essence STX the bass is good and hits nice, with an external powerful amp like the e9, the bass is very full, strong, tight, hits very good.
Edited by WaveRider69 - 3/31/11 at 1:28pmpost #21 of 224/1/11 at 9:12pm
I don't have one personally, but from what I've read, they might be little difficult to drive without an amp.post #22 of 224/1/11 at 11:48pm
I've heard the same though others have said the opposite, that the do not need an amp. In my opinion, I'd get one just in case, a mid range one (either solid state or tube) because it will bring a little more power to the headphones and when the time comes to upgrade to a higher end headphone, you'll be ready for the need for the need to add more juice to the system. Also, powering/listening to your music from your MP3 players out jack bring a lot of unwanted harshness and degradation of sound. I'd recommend a LOD (Line Out Dock) cable; it's the input that you plug your iPod in to charge it with. At the other end of it is a 3.5 mm jack to insert into the amps IN jack, that connection provides a much better sounding connection without the loss of quality. Some may be able to hear the difference, other may not, it's a personal preference. It also depends on your source too as far as adequate amping.
Edited by bidea117 - 4/1/11 at 11:49pm
- ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman Edition X 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 9 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien FS 10 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2