No problem! When you get your new stuff in, maybe you want to give a little mini review with some pictures?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 9:56 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Thx for advice :Essence STX < GoVibe Peak < Beyer DT880 Pro (600ohm) Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990 - Page 2post #16 of 223/10/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/11/11 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #18 of 223/11/11 at 3:55pmpost #19 of 223/31/11 at 12:12pm
Do you have your ATH-A700 amped or un-amped?
Quote:post #20 of 223/31/11 at 12:21pm
I didn't read the responses in this thread, but I know there are people that go around preaching that the ATH-AD700's don't benefit from an amp.I'm here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt 259% they do. Using an EQ to boost the low frequencies on each test as follows: Without an amp the bass is absolutely weak and dead. On my Xonar Essence STX the bass is good and hits nice, with an external powerful amp like the e9, the bass is very full, strong, tight, hits very good.
Edited by WaveRider69 - 3/31/11 at 1:28pmpost #21 of 224/1/11 at 9:12pm
I don't have one personally, but from what I've read, they might be little difficult to drive without an amp.post #22 of 224/1/11 at 11:48pm
I've heard the same though others have said the opposite, that the do not need an amp. In my opinion, I'd get one just in case, a mid range one (either solid state or tube) because it will bring a little more power to the headphones and when the time comes to upgrade to a higher end headphone, you'll be ready for the need for the need to add more juice to the system. Also, powering/listening to your music from your MP3 players out jack bring a lot of unwanted harshness and degradation of sound. I'd recommend a LOD (Line Out Dock) cable; it's the input that you plug your iPod in to charge it with. At the other end of it is a 3.5 mm jack to insert into the amps IN jack, that connection provides a much better sounding connection without the loss of quality. Some may be able to hear the difference, other may not, it's a personal preference. It also depends on your source too as far as adequate amping.
Edited by bidea117 - 4/1/11 at 11:49pm
- ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 6 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 11 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 12 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...