No problem! When you get your new stuff in, maybe you want to give a little mini review with some pictures?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 11:58 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Thx for advice :Essence STX < GoVibe Peak < Beyer DT880 Pro (600ohm) Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990 - Page 2post #16 of 223/10/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/11/11 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #18 of 223/11/11 at 3:55pmpost #19 of 223/31/11 at 12:12pm
Do you have your ATH-A700 amped or un-amped?
Quote:post #20 of 223/31/11 at 12:21pm
I didn't read the responses in this thread, but I know there are people that go around preaching that the ATH-AD700's don't benefit from an amp.I'm here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt 259% they do. Using an EQ to boost the low frequencies on each test as follows: Without an amp the bass is absolutely weak and dead. On my Xonar Essence STX the bass is good and hits nice, with an external powerful amp like the e9, the bass is very full, strong, tight, hits very good.
Edited by WaveRider69 - 3/31/11 at 1:28pmpost #21 of 224/1/11 at 9:12pm
I don't have one personally, but from what I've read, they might be little difficult to drive without an amp.post #22 of 224/1/11 at 11:48pm
I've heard the same though others have said the opposite, that the do not need an amp. In my opinion, I'd get one just in case, a mid range one (either solid state or tube) because it will bring a little more power to the headphones and when the time comes to upgrade to a higher end headphone, you'll be ready for the need for the need to add more juice to the system. Also, powering/listening to your music from your MP3 players out jack bring a lot of unwanted harshness and degradation of sound. I'd recommend a LOD (Line Out Dock) cable; it's the input that you plug your iPod in to charge it with. At the other end of it is a 3.5 mm jack to insert into the amps IN jack, that connection provides a much better sounding connection without the loss of quality. Some may be able to hear the difference, other may not, it's a personal preference. It also depends on your source too as far as adequate amping.
Edited by bidea117 - 4/1/11 at 11:49pm
- ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 43 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT vs Simaudio Moon HAD 430 2 minutes ago
- › The Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear