No problem! When you get your new stuff in, maybe you want to give a little mini review with some pictures?
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 3/31/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/9/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 558tagged by System, 3/9/11
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 3/9/11
Related Forum Threads
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Going Audiophile For Gaming! Last post on 7/4/13 at 4:37pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Yesterday at 7:26 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Thx for advice :Essence STX < GoVibe Peak < Beyer DT880 Pro (600ohm) Last post on 1/19/11 at 10:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
This is my first really good quality Digital Audio Player. I have used a range of Audiophile headphones on it. If you're used to digital Sony Walkmans of days gone by you will recognize the simple,...
My favorite pair of headphones, and considering I own the Sennheiser HD598s, that is saying something. They look fantastic, very stylish indeed, they are extremely comfortable, infact the ear pads...
These are okay headphones if you can get them for a cheap price (sub £90 ) but probably aren't worth any more than that. Their build quality is solid, despite all the plastic used, and they can be...
ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990 - Page 2post #16 of 223/10/11 at 7:34pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 223/11/11 at 2:00pmThread Starterpost #18 of 223/11/11 at 3:55pmpost #19 of 223/31/11 at 12:12pm
Do you have your ATH-A700 amped or un-amped?
Quote:post #20 of 223/31/11 at 12:21pm
I didn't read the responses in this thread, but I know there are people that go around preaching that the ATH-AD700's don't benefit from an amp.I'm here to tell you without a shadow of a doubt 259% they do. Using an EQ to boost the low frequencies on each test as follows: Without an amp the bass is absolutely weak and dead. On my Xonar Essence STX the bass is good and hits nice, with an external powerful amp like the e9, the bass is very full, strong, tight, hits very good.
Edited by WaveRider69 - 3/31/11 at 1:28pmpost #21 of 224/1/11 at 9:12pm
I don't have one personally, but from what I've read, they might be little difficult to drive without an amp.post #22 of 224/1/11 at 11:48pm
I've heard the same though others have said the opposite, that the do not need an amp. In my opinion, I'd get one just in case, a mid range one (either solid state or tube) because it will bring a little more power to the headphones and when the time comes to upgrade to a higher end headphone, you'll be ready for the need for the need to add more juice to the system. Also, powering/listening to your music from your MP3 players out jack bring a lot of unwanted harshness and degradation of sound. I'd recommend a LOD (Line Out Dock) cable; it's the input that you plug your iPod in to charge it with. At the other end of it is a 3.5 mm jack to insert into the amps IN jack, that connection provides a much better sounding connection without the loss of quality. Some may be able to hear the difference, other may not, it's a personal preference. It also depends on your source too as far as adequate amping.
Edited by bidea117 - 4/1/11 at 11:49pm
- ATH-AD700 vs. ATH-A700 vs. DT990
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details of design, features and specifications on 1st page. ... 2 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendation needed for closed headphones 4 minutes ago
- › my first imprsssion in kinera ba05 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear