I use the Comply T-400s and for me the trick is to not compress them and shove 'em in. If I compress them prior they seem to expand and "pinch" the opening.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to compliment the ER4P/S? EX600, GR07 or RE262 Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best analytical IEM (ER4?) Last post on 9/14/11 at 7:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earphones for under $250? Last post on 4/22/11 at 2:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving towards a different-taste IEM Last post on 1/6/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Welcome to my first review DanaCable Lazuli SH HP Cable versus Moon Audio Black Dragon HD800 HP Cable Preliminaries I tend to hear subtle...
Preamble: I have a set of around 30 – 40 tracks all in the FLAC from varying genres that I use as my test reference playlist. I try to cover as many genres and stick to recordings that have good...
At the time this review was written, the Earsonics S-EM9 was listed for sale on Musicteck’s online store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
HIFIMAN SuperMini review Oct 2016 INTRO Just some background on me with previous experience of daps and why I’ve arrived here at this point in time. ...In a Hi-Fi...
First of all, above any other factor, these are just SO COMFORTABLE!! There are very expensive headphones I used that sound really good but feel like someone is trying to crush my head. These have...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Comply tips sound Awful on TF10? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmm, I was wondering about that.
But through proper blind tests (got my friends to test me many songs all randomly ordered with the PSP and an iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch). In my opinion the PSP just blew them away. More transparency, better acoustic reproduction, hollower [not as grainy on the sound].
Well that's what I found. It can't have been a "placebo effect" since it was a randomised blind test.
I was looking at going Cowon, but I can't afford a D3 anyway. A J3, I'd still have to save up a lot.
I never use foam, it never gives as decent seal as silicone. Foam has air bubbles in it, by definition. What makes a good seal? Less air pressure loss...if the thing has holes in it like swiss cheese, your not going to more leakage than a *hard* material, this is of course providing that the ring of silicone or foam is tight with your ears. The bass will suffer most noticeably (which is one of the strengths of the TF10).
If you're prepared to pay for the Null audio upgrade, you could spend some money get custom ear tips from ACS (Great UK network of audiologists and reps), they'll do a world more difference than a cable.
But would be very interested in a blind test with the null audio verses stock or the UE stock from you as I have considered a cable upgrade but have heard differing stories on whether its all placebo.
Just Genius. Or is it magic? It just works. I wonder how? It makes T10 sound much fuller. I feel like I am using it to its potential now. I always thought distortion was caused by source only, but now I believe for IEMs tips will cause distortion also.
Edited by High_Q - 3/19/11 at 9:43pm
Funny thing, I use the Sensorcom tips for the SM3 and put them on backwards, stretching them over the nozzle, the stem reaches pretty far so you may have to cut that. But the soft silicone make the hard plastic very easy in the ear canal.
I don't have the TF10's, but on my Sennheiser IE7's comply tips completely kill the treble. Seems like theres no treble extension, my IE7's sound best with the sennheiser dual flange tips.
I do have some UE Metro.Fi 2's, and they sound a lot better with comply tips (To be honest, probably because they actually stay in - they have the worst cable design - like a plastic rod! lol)
I worked out which were best for me by trying every earphone combination (Left VS Right) and picking which i prefered most, then kept 2 spare configs in the storage box ;)
EDIT: Now to try the comply tips backwards ;)
Edited by amanp - 4/29/11 at 4:21pm
this can be because you clean your ears out.... its actually not safe to clean your ears out? im pretty sure you use a tool to clean your ears out ?
Contrary to what most people think, ear wax is produced to protect the ear from bacteria's, foreign contaminants, and everything from the outside world. when you put in foreign objects in your ear, your body responds by producing more ear wax. Now i cant be too sure, but that dab of blood seems to be from a cut in the ear or an infection possibly due to cleaning out your ear. you should probably have that checked out, and stop cleaning ur ear so often !!
Sony Hybrid worth 140$, Price of Ultimate Ear TF10
No joke, it worth the price of TF10. Without this TF10 is worthless just like a gun without a bullet.
Sony Hybrid is fire power for TF10 and boy how it fire’s great bass and soundstage, while not losing out on even small details in high range and more importantly TF10 stay back in my ears with proper seal.
Got TF10 around 3 month back, never felt comfortable with them, even a small yawn would pop them out. Stock silicone never held them back in my ears and form once made them sound horrible.
All these days TF10 was left unused, they make me look like cyborg and never comfortable, used image 10 all along.
Recently I discovered Sony Hybrid in this forms of course and never touched Image 10,
TF10 is unbelievable with them it is like carrying HD 598.
Now, I don’t mind looking like a cyborg, I just enjoy music in my mind.
- Comply tips sound Awful on TF10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Advanced Sound Model 3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 1 minute ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear in stock and a loaner program! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE On-Ear Headphones w/ Standard Audio Cable (Plus Audeze... 5 minutes ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 6 minutes ago
- › Torn between Onkyo Integrated Amp and Little/Schiit combo 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK II by hifimanguy
- › Danacable Lazuli SH for Sennheiser HD800 / 800S by FLTWS
- › PSB M4U 4 by Krisman
- › Earsonics - S-EM9 in-ear Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by FortisFlyer75
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by Peter Zhang
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by Headzone
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...