I use the Comply T-400s and for me the trick is to not compress them and shove 'em in. If I compress them prior they seem to expand and "pinch" the opening.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to compliment the ER4P/S? EX600, GR07 or RE262 Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best analytical IEM (ER4?) Last post on 9/14/11 at 7:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earphones for under $250? Last post on 4/22/11 at 2:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving towards a different-taste IEM Last post on 1/6/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Comply tips sound Awful on TF10? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmm, I was wondering about that.
But through proper blind tests (got my friends to test me many songs all randomly ordered with the PSP and an iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch). In my opinion the PSP just blew them away. More transparency, better acoustic reproduction, hollower [not as grainy on the sound].
Well that's what I found. It can't have been a "placebo effect" since it was a randomised blind test.
I was looking at going Cowon, but I can't afford a D3 anyway. A J3, I'd still have to save up a lot.
I never use foam, it never gives as decent seal as silicone. Foam has air bubbles in it, by definition. What makes a good seal? Less air pressure loss...if the thing has holes in it like swiss cheese, your not going to more leakage than a *hard* material, this is of course providing that the ring of silicone or foam is tight with your ears. The bass will suffer most noticeably (which is one of the strengths of the TF10).
If you're prepared to pay for the Null audio upgrade, you could spend some money get custom ear tips from ACS (Great UK network of audiologists and reps), they'll do a world more difference than a cable.
But would be very interested in a blind test with the null audio verses stock or the UE stock from you as I have considered a cable upgrade but have heard differing stories on whether its all placebo.
Just Genius. Or is it magic? It just works. I wonder how? It makes T10 sound much fuller. I feel like I am using it to its potential now. I always thought distortion was caused by source only, but now I believe for IEMs tips will cause distortion also.
Edited by High_Q - 3/19/11 at 9:43pm
Funny thing, I use the Sensorcom tips for the SM3 and put them on backwards, stretching them over the nozzle, the stem reaches pretty far so you may have to cut that. But the soft silicone make the hard plastic very easy in the ear canal.
I don't have the TF10's, but on my Sennheiser IE7's comply tips completely kill the treble. Seems like theres no treble extension, my IE7's sound best with the sennheiser dual flange tips.
I do have some UE Metro.Fi 2's, and they sound a lot better with comply tips (To be honest, probably because they actually stay in - they have the worst cable design - like a plastic rod! lol)
I worked out which were best for me by trying every earphone combination (Left VS Right) and picking which i prefered most, then kept 2 spare configs in the storage box ;)
EDIT: Now to try the comply tips backwards ;)
Edited by amanp - 4/29/11 at 4:21pm
this can be because you clean your ears out.... its actually not safe to clean your ears out? im pretty sure you use a tool to clean your ears out ?
Contrary to what most people think, ear wax is produced to protect the ear from bacteria's, foreign contaminants, and everything from the outside world. when you put in foreign objects in your ear, your body responds by producing more ear wax. Now i cant be too sure, but that dab of blood seems to be from a cut in the ear or an infection possibly due to cleaning out your ear. you should probably have that checked out, and stop cleaning ur ear so often !!
Sony Hybrid worth 140$, Price of Ultimate Ear TF10
No joke, it worth the price of TF10. Without this TF10 is worthless just like a gun without a bullet.
Sony Hybrid is fire power for TF10 and boy how it fire’s great bass and soundstage, while not losing out on even small details in high range and more importantly TF10 stay back in my ears with proper seal.
Got TF10 around 3 month back, never felt comfortable with them, even a small yawn would pop them out. Stock silicone never held them back in my ears and form once made them sound horrible.
All these days TF10 was left unused, they make me look like cyborg and never comfortable, used image 10 all along.
Recently I discovered Sony Hybrid in this forms of course and never touched Image 10,
TF10 is unbelievable with them it is like carrying HD 598.
Now, I don’t mind looking like a cyborg, I just enjoy music in my mind.
- Comply tips sound Awful on TF10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 19 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Lab II & F7200 NY Launch Party 5 minutes ago
- › 2016 Southeastern Michigan FALL Head-Fi Meet: SATURDAY, OCTOBER... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 6 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 7 minutes ago
- › PS Audio NuWave DSD DAC 7 minutes ago
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...