I use the Comply T-400s and for me the trick is to not compress them and shove 'em in. If I compress them prior they seem to expand and "pinch" the opening.
- productEarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEMtagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 3/10/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productUltimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie Casetagged by System, 3/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Looking to compliment the ER4P/S? EX600, GR07 or RE262 Last post on 9/7/11 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Confused with Shure SE215... Last post on 10/9/11 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best analytical IEM (ER4?) Last post on 9/14/11 at 7:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earphones for under $250? Last post on 4/22/11 at 2:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Moving towards a different-taste IEM Last post on 1/6/11 at 11:48pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
Comply tips sound Awful on TF10? - Page 3post #31 of 423/14/11 at 9:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 423/16/11 at 3:37pmThread Starterpost #33 of 423/16/11 at 3:43pmThread Starter
Hmmm, I was wondering about that.
But through proper blind tests (got my friends to test me many songs all randomly ordered with the PSP and an iPod Nano, iPod Classic and iPod Touch). In my opinion the PSP just blew them away. More transparency, better acoustic reproduction, hollower [not as grainy on the sound].
Well that's what I found. It can't have been a "placebo effect" since it was a randomised blind test.
I was looking at going Cowon, but I can't afford a D3 anyway. A J3, I'd still have to save up a lot.post #34 of 423/16/11 at 3:57pm
I never use foam, it never gives as decent seal as silicone. Foam has air bubbles in it, by definition. What makes a good seal? Less air pressure loss...if the thing has holes in it like swiss cheese, your not going to more leakage than a *hard* material, this is of course providing that the ring of silicone or foam is tight with your ears. The bass will suffer most noticeably (which is one of the strengths of the TF10).
If you're prepared to pay for the Null audio upgrade, you could spend some money get custom ear tips from ACS (Great UK network of audiologists and reps), they'll do a world more difference than a cable.
But would be very interested in a blind test with the null audio verses stock or the UE stock from you as I have considered a cable upgrade but have heard differing stories on whether its all placebo.post #35 of 423/19/11 at 9:42pmQuote:
Just Genius. Or is it magic? It just works. I wonder how? It makes T10 sound much fuller. I feel like I am using it to its potential now. I always thought distortion was caused by source only, but now I believe for IEMs tips will cause distortion also.
Edited by High_Q - 3/19/11 at 9:43pmpost #36 of 424/7/11 at 5:54pm
Funny thing, I use the Sensorcom tips for the SM3 and put them on backwards, stretching them over the nozzle, the stem reaches pretty far so you may have to cut that. But the soft silicone make the hard plastic very easy in the ear canal.post #37 of 424/10/11 at 10:23pmpost #38 of 424/10/11 at 10:30pmpost #39 of 424/11/11 at 12:07pmpost #40 of 424/29/11 at 4:20pm
I don't have the TF10's, but on my Sennheiser IE7's comply tips completely kill the treble. Seems like theres no treble extension, my IE7's sound best with the sennheiser dual flange tips.
I do have some UE Metro.Fi 2's, and they sound a lot better with comply tips (To be honest, probably because they actually stay in - they have the worst cable design - like a plastic rod! lol)
I worked out which were best for me by trying every earphone combination (Left VS Right) and picking which i prefered most, then kept 2 spare configs in the storage box ;)
EDIT: Now to try the comply tips backwards ;)
Edited by amanp - 4/29/11 at 4:21pmpost #41 of 424/30/11 at 5:11pm
this can be because you clean your ears out.... its actually not safe to clean your ears out? im pretty sure you use a tool to clean your ears out ?
Contrary to what most people think, ear wax is produced to protect the ear from bacteria's, foreign contaminants, and everything from the outside world. when you put in foreign objects in your ear, your body responds by producing more ear wax. Now i cant be too sure, but that dab of blood seems to be from a cut in the ear or an infection possibly due to cleaning out your ear. you should probably have that checked out, and stop cleaning ur ear so often !!post #42 of 423/21/12 at 5:40pm
Sony Hybrid worth 140$, Price of Ultimate Ear TF10
No joke, it worth the price of TF10. Without this TF10 is worthless just like a gun without a bullet.
Sony Hybrid is fire power for TF10 and boy how it fire’s great bass and soundstage, while not losing out on even small details in high range and more importantly TF10 stay back in my ears with proper seal.
Got TF10 around 3 month back, never felt comfortable with them, even a small yawn would pop them out. Stock silicone never held them back in my ears and form once made them sound horrible.
All these days TF10 was left unused, they make me look like cyborg and never comfortable, used image 10 all along.
Recently I discovered Sony Hybrid in this forms of course and never touched Image 10,
TF10 is unbelievable with them it is like carrying HD 598.
Now, I don’t mind looking like a cyborg, I just enjoy music in my mind.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Comply tips sound Awful on TF10?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › final audio design piano forte viii 8 seconds ago
- › HD800+$500 amp?Or HD600 + $1500 amp? 10 seconds ago
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 26 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 5 minutes ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 5 minutes ago
- › shire srh 440 vs ath-m50 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 8 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude