Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › My personal impressions on Meelec CC51
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My personal impressions on Meelec CC51 - Page 3

post #31 of 40

1G means 1st generation (ie the first one that came out)

post #32 of 40

Thanks Mark, you're probably right.

But when I look at photos of the CC51p, I remain sceptical if the plug really fits into the 1st Gen IPhone... Any experiences yet?

post #33 of 40

Guys i saw that the nozzle size of the cc51 is 5mm. Brainwavz M1 and many other dynamics have 5.5mm? why most people say that if you have small ears they might not fit well?

post #34 of 40

i just bought them, don't know if mine are fake or not, though i highly doubt that anyone would make a profit by making fakes of these. Once again, as i've experienced with all meelec headphones, i find these to be extremely sibilant and uncomfortable to listen to metal or any kind of conjested song. also i find the mids to be really recessed, exactly like my experience with the m6s

post #35 of 40

Exactly my impressions; sibilance abounding and smearing during intricate passages. I don't get all the hype. They're good for the price but not great in general. They were very comfortable at least. And I bought them directly from Amazon.com themselves, so no fakes.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post

i just bought them, don't know if mine are fake or not, though i highly doubt that anyone would make a profit by making fakes of these. Once again, as i've experienced with all meelec headphones, i find these to be extremely sibilant and uncomfortable to listen to metal or any kind of conjested song. also i find the mids to be really recessed, exactly like my experience with the m6s



 

post #36 of 40

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

Exactly my impressions; sibilance abounding and smearing during intricate passages. I don't get all the hype. They're good for the price but not great in general. They were very comfortable at least. And I bought them directly from Amazon.com themselves, so no fakes.
 



 


yea i even tried listening to mozarts fantasia in c to get a broader understanding of the headphones and Gulda's playing of the piano sounded hollow and uneven. sometimes a mid spectrum-note would just get completely drowned up by a bass or high note, i'll try burning them in longer, but i already burned them in for around ~5hrs and usually that is when you begin hearing a pair of headphone's character.

 

post #37 of 40

I put nearly 30 hours of burn into them before returning them. No change was noticed, which should be expected since they're simple, small drivers.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqueh View Post

 


yea i even tried listening to mozarts fantasia in c to get a broader understanding of the headphones and Gulda's playing of the piano sounded hollow and uneven. sometimes a mid spectrum-note would just get completely drowned up by a bass or high note, i'll try burning them in longer, but i already burned them in for around ~5hrs and usually that is when you begin hearing a pair of headphone's character.

 



 

post #38 of 40

Does anyone have Microphonic noises when using this earbud while walking?

post #39 of 40

^i never experience microphonics on mine.

post #40 of 40

Has anyone compared this earbud to Etymotic MC5 or HF5?

 

CC51 vs MC5:

1) Which has more Clarity

2) Which has better Isolation

3) Which has better durability?

 

CC51 vs HF5:

1) Which has more Clarity

2) Which has better Isolation

3) Which has better durability?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › My personal impressions on Meelec CC51