I was looking into some higher end amps and would like to read a comparison between the two above. Let the WA22's balanced option face the integrated speaker section of the Leben. I'm using the Sennheiser HD 800...
Related Forum Threads
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 9/1/14 at 12:42am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted: update 6-3-2011) Last post on 8/2/14 at 2:29pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22post #1 of 153/5/11 at 4:08amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 153/11/11 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 153/12/11 at 2:26amThread Starterpost #4 of 153/17/11 at 7:44ampost #5 of 153/17/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #6 of 153/29/11 at 5:36pmpost #7 of 153/29/11 at 9:52pmQuote:
+1 - what are we talking about here, over 5k worth of large tube amps, just to be able to compare the WA22 with the Leben ? If I had that kind of money, I'd be typing this from a penthouse :)post #8 of 153/29/11 at 10:01pm
Also in the run for any of these two amps now, the price diffrence is none from Sweden, as I can pick up the leben from my local dealer (though its only the CS300) but the WA22 is about the same when adding upp tull + taxes (but when adding the balanced cable for the phones it's turns out as the more expensive option).
Guessing the Leben will be my best option, hard when you dont have the chance to hear both and compare them your self, but atleast I can compare the Leben to the Sonett at my local dealer to see if it justifies the higher price.post #9 of 153/29/11 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #10 of 154/1/11 at 5:19pmpost #11 of 154/2/11 at 2:03amThread StarterQuote:
Can't you tell me more about the Leben? Considering it's only single ended, how does HD 800 and this amp compare to a fully balanced config? Do you sometimes feel something is missing soundwise in your setup?post #12 of 154/2/11 at 1:04pm
I don't really buy into the whole go balanced hype. But I can say I didn't think the balanced audio gd pheonix hd 800 sounded as good as my Leben HD 800. I thought the pheonix was a bit darker and the highs we a bit more sibilant (strangely). At the end of the day I don't think you should be thinking balanced vs. unbalanced as much as does setup x sound better than setup y. For example, at a recent meet in the bay area the only thing i heard that sounded noticably better than my setup was a Stax Omega / Blue hawaii rig.
What's missing from my rig? Well you never get a completely speaker like presentation, even with crossfeed, so that always sounds a bit unatural. But read inner space's thread on the Awful Truth the leben vs. the pinnacle. It does a really good job of describing the HD800 sound with the leben and how close it comes to being on par with a 10,000 dollar headphone amp.post #13 of 154/2/11 at 1:28pmThread Starterpost #14 of 154/2/11 at 3:03pm
That's always a tricky question because everyone knows that climbing the tower to audiophile nirvana involves a non linear layout of cash. So if you look from the perspective of my 680 euro Lehmann BCL amp, yeah the 2800 euro leben is definitely immediately noticably better. But what is cool is the lehmann fairs pretty well against 4 times the price leben. And the leben does even better when you compare it to the pinnacle apparently.
Yes I think think the leben is worth it. But remember, I drank the audiophiliic koolade.
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 31 seconds ago
- › Yulong DA8 (black) for sale or exchange 41 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 59 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Update On Current Status 3 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 8 minutes ago
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › Review before you send an email
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3