I was looking into some higher end amps and would like to read a comparison between the two above. Let the WA22's balanced option face the integrated speaker section of the Leben. I'm using the Sennheiser HD 800...
Related Forum Threads
- The Beauty and the Beast... Woo WA2 vs WA22 Last post on 9/27/13 at 11:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated tube amps (Leben, Luxman) vs. stand-alone headphone amps Last post on 9/18/11 at 10:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Integrated Amplifiers and Preamplifier with Good, Great or Excellent Headphones Output -... Last post on 10/2/14 at 2:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sibling Rivalry; The Woo WA2 vs The Woo WA6SE (review posted: update 6-3-2011) Last post on 8/2/14 at 2:29pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22post #1 of 153/5/11 at 4:08amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 153/11/11 at 3:58pmpost #3 of 153/12/11 at 2:26amThread Starterpost #4 of 153/17/11 at 7:44ampost #5 of 153/17/11 at 10:26amThread Starterpost #6 of 153/29/11 at 5:36pmpost #7 of 153/29/11 at 9:52pmQuote:
+1 - what are we talking about here, over 5k worth of large tube amps, just to be able to compare the WA22 with the Leben ? If I had that kind of money, I'd be typing this from a penthouse :)post #8 of 153/29/11 at 10:01pm
Also in the run for any of these two amps now, the price diffrence is none from Sweden, as I can pick up the leben from my local dealer (though its only the CS300) but the WA22 is about the same when adding upp tull + taxes (but when adding the balanced cable for the phones it's turns out as the more expensive option).
Guessing the Leben will be my best option, hard when you dont have the chance to hear both and compare them your self, but atleast I can compare the Leben to the Sonett at my local dealer to see if it justifies the higher price.post #9 of 153/29/11 at 11:06pmThread Starterpost #10 of 154/1/11 at 5:19pmpost #11 of 154/2/11 at 2:03amThread StarterQuote:
Can't you tell me more about the Leben? Considering it's only single ended, how does HD 800 and this amp compare to a fully balanced config? Do you sometimes feel something is missing soundwise in your setup?post #12 of 154/2/11 at 1:04pm
I don't really buy into the whole go balanced hype. But I can say I didn't think the balanced audio gd pheonix hd 800 sounded as good as my Leben HD 800. I thought the pheonix was a bit darker and the highs we a bit more sibilant (strangely). At the end of the day I don't think you should be thinking balanced vs. unbalanced as much as does setup x sound better than setup y. For example, at a recent meet in the bay area the only thing i heard that sounded noticably better than my setup was a Stax Omega / Blue hawaii rig.
What's missing from my rig? Well you never get a completely speaker like presentation, even with crossfeed, so that always sounds a bit unatural. But read inner space's thread on the Awful Truth the leben vs. the pinnacle. It does a really good job of describing the HD800 sound with the leben and how close it comes to being on par with a 10,000 dollar headphone amp.post #13 of 154/2/11 at 1:28pmThread Starterpost #14 of 154/2/11 at 3:03pm
That's always a tricky question because everyone knows that climbing the tower to audiophile nirvana involves a non linear layout of cash. So if you look from the perspective of my 680 euro Lehmann BCL amp, yeah the 2800 euro leben is definitely immediately noticably better. But what is cool is the lehmann fairs pretty well against 4 times the price leben. And the leben does even better when you compare it to the pinnacle apparently.
Yes I think think the leben is worth it. But remember, I drank the audiophiliic koolade.
- Leben CS300(XS) vs Woo Audio WA22
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 51 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Help pls........ 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Budget good quality IEMs - Soundmagic E10? 5 minutes ago
- › Swans M200 MKIII + Behringer MS40 Speakers - MINT 5 minutes ago
- › help me choose a new mp3 player 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)