Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Noob Here. Ad900 or Fa-003/Fa-002w?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Noob Here. Ad900 or Fa-003/Fa-002w?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

Hey i'm looking to purchase my first set of headphones and i'm wondering which of the 2 would be a better choice. I know the ad900 is open and the fa-003 is closed but i don't really know the advantages of each. I'll be using the headphones at home so i don't really need isolation. I don't really listen to any specific types of music in particular but i do like mids and treble over bass. If theres anything better than these 2, unamped, around the $250 mark please let me know. Thanks

post #2 of 7

NOTE I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH CANS

 

However, looking at reviews the AD900 seem more bassy and less comfortable. From this standpoint I'd get the Fischer's. 

 

My unexperienced $.02

post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongk View Post

Hey i'm looking to purchase my first set of headphones and i'm wondering which of the 2 would be a better choice. I know the ad900 is open and the fa-003 is closed but i don't really know the advantages of each. I'll be using the headphones at home so i don't really need isolation. I don't really listen to any specific types of music in particular but i do like mids and treble over bass. If theres anything better than these 2, unamped, around the $250 mark please let me know. Thanks

+1
 

 

post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

NOTE I HAVE ZERO EXPERIENCE WITH BOTH CANS

 

However, looking at reviews the AD900 seem more bassy and less comfortable. From this standpoint I'd get the Fischer's. 

 

My unexperienced $.02


huh? I think you are thinking about the a900. The ad900 is not bassy at all. Its about as bassy as a k701 and as far as comfort, they are one of the most comfortable headphones out there :)

 

post #5 of 7

Yes, I have the AD900 and bassy is the last word I would use to describe it.   They are very comfortable for me, the wing system works well and they put little pressure on your head but they are designed such that the driver housing touches your ear like a on-ear headphone.  The rest lightly so I don't mind this but it bothers some people.  

post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by donunus View Post




huh? I think you are thinking about the a900. The ad900 is not bassy at all. Its about as bassy as a k701 and as far as comfort, they are one of the most comfortable headphones out there :)

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamnp View Post

Yes, I have the AD900 and bassy is the last word I would use to describe it.   They are very comfortable for me, the wing system works well and they put little pressure on your head but they are designed such that the driver housing touches your ear like a on-ear headphone.  The rest lightly so I don't mind this but it bothers some people.  


 

Yes, I done goofed. I was thinking about the wrong set of headphones!

post #7 of 7

I would probably go with the ad900 if i had no other phones, because I prefer an open headphone. However, seeing as i own a pair of grado's I would pick up the fischers for noise isolation and the neutrality that they are known for.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Noob Here. Ad900 or Fa-003/Fa-002w?