11 OPAs? Interesting...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Interesting that its SNR is actually lower than the Essence STX, at least if that's the DAC alone. I'd like to see the other measurements. It would be nice if ASUS breaks the usual audiophool mold and publishes extensive ones.
DAC is a lower qualty unit than in the ST/STX. This should not be a problem though in most cases. It should still have pretty much the same sound signature. The DAC offers compatability with 32 bit audio but does not really take advantage of this to produce better specs or sound than 24 bit sound. To be honest There are no chips yet that exeed the limits of 24 bit audio. Not even the 32 bit chips that have the best specs out there which are the ESS Sabre chips. Having the best specs do not garrantee best sound however.
More information relating to price in this forums post, assuming the price mentioned is UK sterling. Not an "official" release price, and the company concerned has not commented on whether they will stock the product.
Well, not really. I use an Essence ST + H6 in my HTPC build...
But sometimes I want to switch to digital-out for my AVR/Separates.
If this had digital-out & multi-ch analog-out, I'd mount it inside my HTPC.*
T'would be a nice replacement for my Essence ST + H6, no more PCI slots used.
I hope they release a revised Essence ST/X that integrates the H6, & maybe a multi-ch amp.
The latter's not a big deal, as I generally prefer using separate amp/s.
*case is Silverstone CW02B
Edited by jalyst - 8/23/11 at 11:23pm
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 36 seconds ago
- › What is the Monster "Magnetic FluxTube"? 1 minute ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 3 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 4 minutes ago
- › I hear no difference. What am I doing wrong? 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)