11 OPAs? Interesting...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
The other reviewer said enough and in detail, so I will limit myself in giving my very brief opinion of their sound. Later on in the Forum, in the "Huge Comparison" thread, I will make a sort of...
I have tested 16 BT Headphones for weeks. I have opened a Thread about this huge comparison, on the Forum. I know that tastes are tastes. So I will never say that my opinion is "better". But...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Interesting that its SNR is actually lower than the Essence STX, at least if that's the DAC alone. I'd like to see the other measurements. It would be nice if ASUS breaks the usual audiophool mold and publishes extensive ones.
DAC is a lower qualty unit than in the ST/STX. This should not be a problem though in most cases. It should still have pretty much the same sound signature. The DAC offers compatability with 32 bit audio but does not really take advantage of this to produce better specs or sound than 24 bit sound. To be honest There are no chips yet that exeed the limits of 24 bit audio. Not even the 32 bit chips that have the best specs out there which are the ESS Sabre chips. Having the best specs do not garrantee best sound however.
More information relating to price in this forums post, assuming the price mentioned is UK sterling. Not an "official" release price, and the company concerned has not commented on whether they will stock the product.
Well, not really. I use an Essence ST + H6 in my HTPC build...
But sometimes I want to switch to digital-out for my AVR/Separates.
If this had digital-out & multi-ch analog-out, I'd mount it inside my HTPC.*
T'would be a nice replacement for my Essence ST + H6, no more PCI slots used.
I hope they release a revised Essence ST/X that integrates the H6, & maybe a multi-ch amp.
The latter's not a big deal, as I generally prefer using separate amp/s.
*case is Silverstone CW02B
Edited by jalyst - 8/23/11 at 11:23pm
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › TTPOD T2 Hybrid iems 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E11 or the E11K sugesstions 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 7 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 9 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 12 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)