It's summer already, LME49990s AD797BRZs are toooo hot in E1. So I decided to start rolling some opamps again. LPF: ADA4627-1brz, I/V: Muses8920D, Buffer: ADA4637-1brz (600Ohm headphone, seems stable for me), , wow, i just can not stop listening.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 201
Gear mentioned in this thread:
1) opamps in positions 1 and 2 have been replaced by the market leading Muses01 opamp from NJR: http://semicon.njr.co.jp/eng/MUSES/MUSES01.html
2) the PCB has been revised in order to provide a jumper to set the headamp gain in either LOW or HIGH position, as the regular ONE came with its headamp set to HIGH and this was a bit of a potential issue with low impedance/high sensitivity headphones for people who don't listen at loud volume.
3) the regular and Muses edition are using different pots(B10K>A10K) on the headamp: http://www.taiwanalpha.com.tw/english/p_e_70-1.htm
I couldn't really hear any difference
The E1 isn't making any use of the USB power(you can even break the +5V pin of your USB cable for that matter) and its USB drivers run in async mode so good luck hearing any difference
I have the STX and wondered about the same thing.
Searched a lot of reviews, and finally bought the One.
There is no going back to the STX. The STX is so bright, it ends up fatiguing.
The One is more analytical and more natural, I really enjoy the music.
Is anyone having problems playing back the latest MQN version 4 and 5 media player suites?
When using his latest creations which uses 256 period sizes it plays with a metallic sound and a lot of background noise, irrespective of if you use SSE, AVX or AVX2 instruction sets.
I am running the latest Windows 8.1 Professional with the 1st Driver release of 188.8.131.52, I was thinking this might not be a problem on Windows 7 or Windows 8 versions?
Would appreciate if anyone here who is a fan of MQN can shed some light on this issue?
I have the ST and bought the E1 to compare. The E1 one is better as an amp, but as a DAC I couldnt tell much difference. I ended up selling the E1 and getting an UberFrost and separate amps for specific headphones.
You mean more detailed and natural?, Cause I thought analytical and natural can be oposites.
It sounds like there is more space between each instrument.
Also it drives great high impedance headphones, like the AKG K601 I have, and couldn't bear with the STX.
keep in mind though, that the sound is kinda bassy, and it tends to create a problem with headphones that already have a strong bass.
I guess it wouldn't mix well with a Audeze headphone. I already tried the LCD-2 with the STX and it didn't sound okay at all. With low gain you reach half the volume meter and it doesn't get any louder from there and starts to clip. with medium and high gain there's no more clip, but the distorsion is unbearable.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 24 seconds ago
- › Lynx Hilo - new offering from Pro Audio company. 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs new variant : Picollo DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit USB Upgrade v1.20 5 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 7 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 8 minutes ago
- › UE 6000/AKG K545/Denon AH-D600 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 vs Momentum 11 minutes ago
- › Stax Interview and Factory tour 12/12/12 12 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 14 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)