Interesting, might pick this up and try the balanced outs with my KGSS. If it's not good I'll just send it back. Any news on the release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- AMP or Soundcard upgrade? Last post on 11/19/13 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Launches Essence III USB DAC/Preamp/Headamp Last post on Yesterday at 4:27 pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Missing Something? Headphone AMP with >2x Optical Inputs Last post on 10/7/13 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need suggestions for PC/Desk speakers and DAC solution Last post on 10/12/13 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:
Dear Mr. Dykstra,
... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.
ASUS Product Support Team
...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?
I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.
Edited by ColdFlame - 4/8/11 at 12:14am
A good start would be giving out real info. The upsampling listed is oversampling. The amp given is the buffer. The wallwart has no voltage information. It is nice looking though ;)
You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC. I think that will make you much happier.
PIMETA uses BUF634, right? How many are you using?
Edited by Mad Max - 4/8/11 at 11:16am
There are no updates on the release date or pricing as of today, but I'd expect it to hit before summer.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 24 seconds ago
- › Roll Call for Team AKG 3 minutes ago
- › portable closed headphone (good isolation & no leakage) for use... 4 minutes ago
- › [Impression] Apple Nano 7G + Lightning-to-30pin adapter 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Philips CitiScape Uptown (Updated Sept 18, 2012) 5 minutes ago
- › Wearing IEMs in your nose? 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon 5 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi