Interesting, might pick this up and try the balanced outs with my KGSS. If it's not good I'll just send it back. Any news on the release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Suitable DAC and Amp for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 1/22/14 at 11:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice regarding the Asus Xonar Essence One Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:56am in Dedicated Source Components
- Volume control - analog or software? Speaker or DAC? Last post on 1/11/14 at 1:46pm in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 3post #31 of 29453/9/11 at 4:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 29453/10/11 at 5:53ampost #33 of 29453/10/11 at 9:38ampost #34 of 29453/13/11 at 7:53pm
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:
Dear Mr. Dykstra,
... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.
ASUS Product Support Team
...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.post #35 of 29453/20/11 at 3:43pmpost #36 of 29454/7/11 at 4:31pmpost #37 of 29454/8/11 at 12:12amQuote:Originally Posted by leeperry
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?
I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.
Edited by ColdFlame - 4/8/11 at 12:14ampost #38 of 29454/8/11 at 3:18am
A good start would be giving out real info. The upsampling listed is oversampling. The amp given is the buffer. The wallwart has no voltage information. It is nice looking though ;)post #39 of 29454/8/11 at 11:13amQuote:
You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC. I think that will make you much happier.
PIMETA uses BUF634, right? How many are you using?
Edited by Mad Max - 4/8/11 at 11:16ampost #40 of 29454/15/11 at 12:40ampost #41 of 29454/15/11 at 11:55am
There are no updates on the release date or pricing as of today, but I'd expect it to hit before summer.
Quote:post #42 of 29455/20/11 at 4:26ampost #43 of 29455/20/11 at 12:53pmpost #44 of 29455/21/11 at 9:22am
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Sennheiser 558, akg 550-701, v-moda 100, beyerdynamic... 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 4 minutes ago
- › USB Cable popularity check 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Another help me choose cheapo headphones thread. ^_^ 6 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Beatles, Bowie, T Rex, Sam Cooke, and Portugal. The Man. 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude