Interesting, might pick this up and try the balanced outs with my KGSS. If it's not good I'll just send it back. Any news on the release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 6/9/12 at 7:23pm in Computer Audio
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
I have been looking for a desktop amp/dac for a while now as I have not had one for the last few years (last desktop amp was a Naim headline 2 with NPSC power supply which was okay but nothing...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:
Dear Mr. Dykstra,
... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.
ASUS Product Support Team
...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?
I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.
Edited by ColdFlame - 4/8/11 at 12:14am
A good start would be giving out real info. The upsampling listed is oversampling. The amp given is the buffer. The wallwart has no voltage information. It is nice looking though ;)
You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC. I think that will make you much happier.
PIMETA uses BUF634, right? How many are you using?
Edited by Mad Max - 4/8/11 at 11:16am
There are no updates on the release date or pricing as of today, but I'd expect it to hit before summer.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › Speaker stands for the desktop? 57 seconds ago
- › New Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Need an amp recommendation for my growing collection 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 3 minutes ago
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE 560 Planar 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2