Interesting, might pick this up and try the balanced outs with my KGSS. If it's not good I'll just send it back. Any news on the release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:
Dear Mr. Dykstra,
... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.
ASUS Product Support Team
...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?
I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.
Edited by ColdFlame - 4/8/11 at 12:14am
A good start would be giving out real info. The upsampling listed is oversampling. The amp given is the buffer. The wallwart has no voltage information. It is nice looking though ;)
You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC. I think that will make you much happier.
PIMETA uses BUF634, right? How many are you using?
Edited by Mad Max - 4/8/11 at 11:16am
There are no updates on the release date or pricing as of today, but I'd expect it to hit before summer.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 6 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 14 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 29 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 58 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Just how well do headphones sound when unamped? 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet (30 November 2014)! 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)