Interesting, might pick this up and try the balanced outs with my KGSS. If it's not good I'll just send it back. Any news on the release date?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 6/9/12 at 7:23pm in Computer Audio
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
Dont let these tiny guys disappoint you by looks. Plug them in and you wont believe your ears. These are that good, It sounds like large over ear headphones. I have owned many earbuds like...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It isn't much, but this is the answer I got from ASUS:
Dear Mr. Dykstra,
... I don't have the product release information at this time yet. Normally it will take around 4 - 8 weeks for the newly announced product to be available.
ASUS Product Support Team
...so, conceivably, we could see it by April or May.
So it's nice if you come from an even more crummy internal soundcard, which would explain all the raving on computer websites...but it doesn't hold a candle to a proper audiophile rig. And it does videogames very poorly, as been thoroughly tested by many ppl: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/asus-xonar-essence-stx_6.html#sect0
I have Essence STX in my main box and I'm wondering what the upgrade path would be. Can you please enlighten me on what is your definition of the "proper audiophile rig"?
I mean no offense, I'm just not super happy with how STX sounds (with rolled opamps, PIMETA and HD 580s) and would like to know what I can upgrade to.
Edited by ColdFlame - 4/8/11 at 12:14am
A good start would be giving out real info. The upsampling listed is oversampling. The amp given is the buffer. The wallwart has no voltage information. It is nice looking though ;)
You can start by replacing the STX with an an external DAC. I think that will make you much happier.
PIMETA uses BUF634, right? How many are you using?
Edited by Mad Max - 4/8/11 at 11:16am
There are no updates on the release date or pricing as of today, but I'd expect it to hit before summer.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › OK use of RCA Y adapters? just now
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 3 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 6 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ACS Encore Studio New 5 Driver CIEM! 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Courageousbo
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2