Well, everyone supports DSD these days, so they're just keeping pace.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.
I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.
May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket? As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated. In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode, and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems. When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise. Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi
Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :o
Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.
How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....
It's the only reason why I no longer own the E1 muses anymore, so I would hope it was fixed....
Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.
hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Hello World 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mobile version 6 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 7 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 8 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 10 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)