Well, everyone supports DSD these days, so they're just keeping pace.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 6/9/12 at 7:23pm in Computer Audio
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.
I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.
May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket? As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated. In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode, and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems. When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise. Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi
Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :o
Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.
How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....
It's the only reason why I no longer own the E1 muses anymore, so I would hope it was fixed....
Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.
hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 13 seconds ago
- › 3.5mm Jack Extension Cable question 16 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 38 seconds ago
- › Special HDtracks Sale Plus New Led Zeppelin! 39 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Advice needed for choosing closed headphones 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Recommended Audio Equipment for DT-150's on a gaming PC. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Sunglass-Fi, The Optics Info Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3