Well, everyone supports DSD these days, so they're just keeping pace.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 6/9/12 at 7:23pm in Computer Audio
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.
I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.
May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket? As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated. In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode, and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems. When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise. Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi
Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :o
Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.
How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....
It's the only reason why I no longer own the E1 muses anymore, so I would hope it was fixed....
Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.
hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 22 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 32 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 34 seconds ago
- › Brand new LH Labs Geek Out 450 Silver 58 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally!... 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2