Well, everyone supports DSD these days, so they're just keeping pace.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Asus Xonar Essence vs Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 6/9/12 at 7:23pm in Computer Audio
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
My reviews are usually long winded and detailed, but in this review im keeping things short as this is not a high-end product by any means. I have had the Sansa Clip since June of last year, and...
In my humble opinion the Sennheiser HD600 is by far one of the best sounding dynamic headphones on the market period hopefully you'll agree with me at the end of this...
This review is for the Ubsound Fighters, let me introduce myself before I get started. My name is Adam I am 38 years old and have been into audio equipment since I was in high school. In the past 2...
Introduction: One of my favorite part of this hobby that I've grown to love over the past few years is trying new things and just experiencing how different components (or combination of...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.
I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.
May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket? As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated. In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode, and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems. When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise. Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi
Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :o
Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.
How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....
It's the only reason why I no longer own the E1 muses anymore, so I would hope it was fixed....
Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.
hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 45 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Small powerful DAC/AMP with USB DAC, volume control, low output... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Help to buy new MP3/MP4 please!! 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by xevman
- › Trinity - Techne Dynamic IEM by mark2410
- › Ubsound Fighter in-ear monitor with universal inline microphone and... by acain
- › T-Peos Altone250 by Cotnijoe
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A Stage Headphone Amplifier by JoeDoe
- › Aune B1 by avitron142
- › DUNU DN-2000J by tomscy2000
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by GrindedDown
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by ElMarcado
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2