Well, everyone supports DSD these days, so they're just keeping pace.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
Shure SRH840, are a value filled set of extraordinary headphones, worth every single coin you spend on it. The bass register is perfect for any genre of song you play through you...
I got the Sennheiser HD-598 based on all the existing rave reviews. It's amazingly comfortable. That's all the good I can say about it. I just hate the sound. Okay, I am no "audiophile". I am...
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
DSD isn't time or money worthy, it's more gimmicky then anything..... The only "TRUE" DSD recording are done with one take, DSD recording can not be mixed using a studio mixer, hence most DSD media are PCM mixed than wrapped in a DSD format container
I got a question.. it was probably answered before, but would appreciate if anyone can help.
I was trying to upgrade my Asus essence one (non muses version) headphone buffer opamp.
I bought 4x OPA627AP and got them fixed onto the dual to single DIP8 adapter.
I inserted them into the headphone buffer, but it didnt work.. basically it's just dead silent.
May I know what's the problem? or I should not use OPA627AP as the headphone in the first place.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Are you sure the DIP8 adapter is fully seated in the socket? As I recall the socket is flanked by capacitors on both sides that would prevent an adapter from being fully seated. In those situations you need to use another DIP8 socket such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/15x-8pin-IC-DIP-Sockets-/330810204026?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d05d31f7a to provide "lift" for your dual adapter to seat properly.
I am testing a configuration Synology ds213air -> USB 3.0 -> Asus Essence One DAC-> Atoll IN 200 power amp mode, and I use the tablet with DS audio android as “a remote control” to play music files. I like sound from this set-up. However I experience some problems. When I choose a next file with a changed sampling resolution, the loudspeakers generate unpleasant noise. Restarting the application DS audio helps with an efficiency of about 70%. I would appreciate your help. The most recent DAC firmware is 1.27? gothi
Oh, I agree DSD is a bit of a joke. But if the company can squeeze it in to a revamped model, then they might as well :o
Yea, its kinda like a lot of people look at 3D in TVs these days. Its certainly not something that should be charged more for, nor am I willing to pay more for it, but it should be there since its a feature/offering in the industry.
How about better quality components first, like chl balanced volume pots.....
It's the only reason why I no longer own the E1 muses anymore, so I would hope it was fixed....
Stuff like that I would expect to be a given. If they didnt fix those issues theyd be written off entirely. But not only do they have to fix those things, they also need to "apologize" for this mishaps by adding more features to the new model while keeping the pricing the same or lower.
hehe.... I can honestly say I would most likely still have the E1 if it wasn't for the volume pots, yes the Calyx DAC is much better in all aspects to the E1 muses, but I just didn't want to take a step back in SQ, which I've said many times before, that the E1 muses SQ alone you would have to pay 2K+ for better
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › IC: Winnipeg meet? 9 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 27 seconds ago
- › Can you hear hi-res music without a compatiable headphone/peaker 1 minute ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Is it worth it to use an hdmi audio extractor instead of the 3.5mm... 6 minutes ago
- › Equipment for listening to CDs with my Sennheiser HD 800s 8 minutes ago
- › Swans M100MKII or M50W 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)