Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 161

post #2401 of 3012
So which one do you prefer? The more airy or the more forward sound?

Did you use dip8 adapters? They make rolling much easier ;p

Of course they make a difference wink.gif
Edited by DMax99 - 8/5/13 at 2:33am
post #2402 of 3012

Overall, I prefer 4562s as they sound more natural and closer than 5536s.

 

For certain classical music recordings, I may still prefer 5536.

post #2403 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamelge View Post

Overall, I prefer 4562s as they sound more natural and closer than 5536s.

For certain classical music recordings, I may still prefer 5536.

In that case I think you would LOVE the muses01 ;p

Before the muses01 I preferred the airyness of 5536 over the 4562s. But the muses01 has both the airyness and vocal forwardness wink.gif

Btw, just curious which headphone are you using with your e1?
Edited by DMax99 - 8/5/13 at 2:44am
post #2404 of 3012

I used HD598 and K701 HPs. 

 

Yes I would love a combo of airyness and forward vocals but the muses are very expensive besides currently not available in the market. 

 

Does it make any sense to install just 2 pieces of muses01 in LPF section in order to benefit from better sound quality at a lower cost? OR the muses01 will perform to their best when they are replaced in both I/V and LPF sections. Why I am exploring this option is that most discussants have stated that the major changes in sound occur while rolling op amps in LPF section. Your guess?  

post #2405 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamelge View Post

I used HD598 and K701 HPs. 

Yes I would love a combo of airyness and forward vocals but the muses are very expensive besides currently not available in the market. 

Does it make any sense to install just 2 pieces of muses01 in LPF section in order to benefit from better sound quality at a lower cost? OR the muses01 will perform to their best when they are replaced in both I/V and LPF sections. Why I am exploring this option is that most discussants have stated that the major changes in sound occur while rolling op amps in LPF section. Your guess?  

Hmm.. Not sure, I haven't tried yet. I guess I can give it a try sometime this week and let you know. I will try it with 4562 and 2 muaes01 and let you know what I think.

How does the k701 sound? I'm thinking of ordering a k601 tonight wink.gif
post #2406 of 3012

I look forward to your experiment with muses and 4562s.

 

K701 are very transparent and natural sounding. They are comfortable too but if I have to wear for long sessions (3 hours and above), I may prefer 598. The comfort levels may differ from person to person depending on head size, do you wear glasses, etc.   

 

I have never heard K601 so can't comment. 

post #2407 of 3012

The muses edition has 49600 in HP section. Has any one compared this op amp with stock 49720HNA of EI basic model? 

post #2408 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamelge View Post

The muses edition has 49600 in HP section. Has any one compared this op amp with stock 49720HNA of EI basic model? 

It has been mention much earlier in this thread the best sound of the LME family is the LME49710HA in the TO-99 metal can package. 

 
LM4562 > LME49720HNA > LME49720HNA
 
Both the LME49720HNA and the LME49720HNA come in the plastic dip-8 but the one to get are the TO-99 metal can package.
 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180872434827?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

post #2409 of 3012

Thank you for informing me about the best sounding op amps in the LME family.

post #2410 of 3012
Just to clarify, LME49600 soldered onto the board (Can not be swapped) 49720HNA is what's in the HP buffer.
 
Check out leeperry's review as he is very experienced with the opamp rolling. He's suggest replacing the LME49720HNA with OPA2132P or OPA627 on dual adaptors. He mention AD797 is not stable and oscillate making them very hot (You can solder 0.22uF in parallel to pin 4 & 8 on the dip-8 to resolve this issue)
 
I have tried AD797, LME49710HNA and OPA627 with great success. OPA627 is my current as stated by leeperry more suited for bright headphone.
 

Edited by Mach3 - 8/5/13 at 7:08am
post #2411 of 3012

Thanks for the link.

 

Given your considerable experience with several op amps, may I request you to explain the sound signature of OPA627?

 

Which other op amps are you using with OPA627 in E1?  

post #2412 of 3012
I'm very tempted to get another 2 Muses01 to put into the headphone section instead of the LME49710HA...

I wonder which one will sound better
post #2413 of 3012

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamelge View Post

Thanks for the link.

 

Given your considerable experience with several op amps, may I request you to explain the sound signature of OPA627?

 

Which other op amps are you using with OPA627 in E1?  

 
OPA627 is know for it warmer sound signature. I've replaced the LM4562 with LME49710HA in the XLR & RCA section. The rest is NE5532 until digikey stock some muses01.

 

 
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

I'm very tempted to get another 2 Muses01 to put into the headphone section instead of the LME49710HA...

I wonder which one will sound better

Some guy in a chinese forum claim to have put muses01 in all 11 spot. One expensive exercise.


Edited by Mach3 - 8/5/13 at 3:10pm
post #2414 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post

Some guy in a chinese forum claim to have put muses01 in all 11 spot. One expensive exercise.

Haha, really? Another 2 extra is as far as I would go as I'm not going to use my e1 for the balanced or RCA parts.

Btw, where is this Chinese forum? I'm very interested to have a read on the forum too wink.gif
post #2415 of 3012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Haha, really? Another 2 extra is as far as I would go as I'm not going to use my e1 for the balanced or RCA parts.

Btw, where is this Chinese forum? I'm very interested to have a read on the forum too wink.gif

Original link is broken, but here is the link to the bloke that did it. I'm thinking of getting XLR & RCA caps too, but boy they are expensive.

 

http://fs-digital.net/forum.php?mod=viewthread&action=printable&tid=43094

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)