Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 153

post #2281 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMarasovic View Post

Has somebody ordered Muses 01 from this seller ?

http://tinyurl.com/naww6qf
 

The print on their picture looks genuine, but it proves nothing.

Would be grateful for any info .


Price says no, looks say yes, who knows

 

Got my 6 here which are genuine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-MUSES01-High-Quality-Audio-J-FET-Input-Dual-Operational-Amplifier-/320862379536?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item4ab4e35e10

post #2282 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonarfd View Post

That sucks. Always use my MC aswell on the net as extra safety.

The muses opamps i bought where real but i bought them trough my wifes work that got them in China trough an electronic supplier. Still I like the stock opamps more with some headphones that are brighter in sound. Right now a friend is trying them on his Asus one so depending on if he like them or not I will sell them to him.

Oh? So you reckon you like the sound of the stock ones' better?

Quote:

Would you say the Muses01 is really worth the upgrade? Because I am sick and tired of hunting down the genuine ones. Who knows which ones on eBay or any other online sellers' are real even though they LOOK genuine??!. frown.gif
Edited by DMax99 - 7/9/13 at 5:14am
post #2283 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

Oh? So you reckon you like the sound of the stock ones' better?
Would you say the Muses01 is really worth the upgrade? Because I am sick and tired of hunting down a genuine one. Who knows which ones on eBay or any other online sellers' are real. frown.gif

FYI, when I wrote to NRJ and ask them. Do you have any other distributor besides digikey as they don't have stock. They said they only sell to digikey. The respondent got a little annoyed with me after I sent them a few link of muses01 from ebay, alibaba and Aliexpress. Their response in broken English "The MUSES products at these site are fake. Our MUSES are only sold by digikey. I am sorry that there is no stock of Digikey.
Please wait for a while."

I ask them if rs components, mouser and farnell are distributor of their product. Haven't received any replies.
Edited by Mach3 - 7/9/13 at 5:27am
post #2284 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Would you say the Muses01 is really worth the upgrade? Because I am sick and tired of hunting down the genuine ones. Who knows which ones on eBay or any other online sellers' are real even though they LOOK genuine??!. frown.gif

It seems that it would be wise to sell standard E1 and buy original new Muses Edition.

Another dilemma is that OPA 2132 at I/V and OPA 2107 at filter sound excellent (for low amount of coins) and without audio comparing it could be wasted money. Has anybody direct hearing experience to compare the impressions ?

post #2285 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Oh? So you reckon you like the sound of the stock ones' better?
Would you say the Muses01 is really worth the upgrade? Because I am sick and tired of hunting down the genuine ones. Who knows which ones on eBay or any other online sellers' are real even though they LOOK genuine??!. frown.gif

Yes and no.........I think if you don't have chl imbalance problem than its definitely worth the money no question, muses vs standard is like night and day, for me anyway

 

However most of us with the standard edition have the imbalance problem which I think is a deal breaker and would say not worth the $59 each on muses, in hindsight I would of got a different dac or Muses edition with A10k pots

 

As I've said previously my muses maybe up for sale if the RMA unit still has this problem.....still waiting over a week now

post #2286 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

Yes and no.........I think if you don't have chl imbalance problem than its definitely worth the money no question, muses vs standard is like night and day, for me anyway

 

However most of us with the standard edition have the imbalance problem which I think is a deal breaker and would say not worth the $59 each on muses, in hindsight I would of got a different dac or Muses edition with A10k pots

 

As I've said previously my muses maybe up for sale if the RMA unit still has this problem.....still waiting over a week now

Odd thing is, the channel imbalance issue is only on my headphone out volume control (Left). The main volume control  (Right) has no issue what so ever. I tested my all IEM's via XLR > beta22. What about your Gandah?

post #2287 of 3076

Wow other way around for me, main volume pot for XLR is way out compared to headphone volume pot which is slightly out

post #2288 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post

FYI, when I wrote to NRJ and ask them. Do you have any other distributor besides digikey as they don't have stock. They said they only sell to digikey. The respondent got a little annoyed with me after I sent them a few link of muses01 from ebay, alibaba and Aliexpress. Their response in broken English "The MUSES products at these site are fake. Our MUSES are only sold by digikey. I am sorry that there is no stock of Digikey.
Please wait for a while."

I ask them if rs components, mouser and farnell are distributor of their product. Haven't received any replies.

Yeah, NewJRC also told me the same thing saying that Digi-key is the ONLY place to buy Authentic Muses01 (outside of Japan):



However, a few emails later, they gave me another Korean website saying that this is company sells genuine Muses01??!!confused_face(1).gif:



I have found another seller on Aliexpress and sent the photos to NewJRC regarding to the authenticity of these photos, and they said they looked genuine:



Man, I am bloody confused, because at first they are saying all other Muses01 are not Genuine unless you buy it from Digi-key, then they gave me another Korean company and then they finally also said the photos of the ones from China are also genuine??confused_face(1).gif

I think I am going to give up this craziness and stop looking for them online myself. I have asked one of my Japanese friends to hunt them down for me in Japan and see how much they are instead (more chance to get genuine ones there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

Yes and no.........I think if you don't have chl imbalance problem than its definitely worth the money no question, muses vs standard is like night and day, for me anyway

However most of us with the standard edition have the imbalance problem which I think is a deal breaker and would say not worth the $59 each on muses, in hindsight I would of got a different dac or Muses edition with A10k pots

As I've said previously my muses maybe up for sale if the RMA unit still has this problem.....still waiting over a week now

So could you please describe this DAY and NIGHT differences to me in more details if you don't mind?


I have just done another round of comparison of my "fake" Muses01 and the Stock. I ended up keeping the "fake" Muses01 in my E1, because to me they sound way less bright than the stock, and more forward mids (although the soundstage is not as wide as the stock). I find the fake ones less fatiguing to listen to and sound quality is not in anyway inferior too.

NewJRC in one of the emails (see above) also told me that they have also bought some of these "fakes" to do some research on. I wonder why and whether if they have found it to sound better than the original ones...lol...

I guess at the end of the day, if I get full refund successfully I will still be very happy because I get to keep 6 free op amps that have pretty good sounding quality smily_headphones1.gif
post #2289 of 3076

I personally would not use the fakes.

 

You have no idea what they are - specs, temperatures, etc. You could possibly damage your E1.

 

Have you contacted the seller? Aliexpress?

post #2290 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmfish View Post

I personally would not use the fakes.

You have no idea what they are - specs, temperatures, etc. You could possibly damage your E1.

Have you contacted the seller? Aliexpress?

Yeah I have. Do you reckon? But I have been using them for quite a few hours now and the E1 is still fine. wink.gif
post #2291 of 3076
Oh! Im sure its fine. I just wouldnt take the chance.

Sure raises questions about the validity of opamp swapping and expectation bias (hearing a can of worms peeling open...wink.gif )
post #2292 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post

So could you please describe this DAY and NIGHT differences to me in more details if you don't mind?

Everything is better, wider soundstage, refined mids, more revealing detail that doesn't feel like ice-picks hammering your ears after a long session, more controlled refined bottom end, better Instrument representation and placement, Music is less veiled

post #2293 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

Everything is better, wider soundstage, refined mids, more revealing detail that doesn't feel like ice-picks hammering your ears after a long session, more controlled refined bottom end, better Instrument representation and placement, Music is less veiled

Hmm... That sounds really nice but I don't know if it's really worth the 50 bucks a piece for it ;/
post #2294 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMax99 View Post


Hmm... That sounds really nice but I don't know if it's really worth the 50 bucks a piece for it ;/

Get your money back first then decide if you want to buy the genuine muses. I think they are worth $59 each because if I had to buy a better SQ dac "Talking SQ Alone" it would be 2k+ going by the dac's I have previously auditioned

 

If I do end up selling off my muses they will be going half the price I paid, so $30 each.........however only if the RMA unit still has the problem, which is taking for ever sheeesh.......

post #2295 of 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandah View Post

Get your money back first then decide if you want to buy the genuine muses. I think they are worth $59 each because if I had to buy a better SQ dac "Talking SQ Alone" it would be 2k+ going by the dac's I have previously auditioned

If I do end up selling off my muses they will be going half the price I paid, so $30 each.........however only if the RMA unit still has the problem, which is taking for ever sheeesh.......

nuh...I don't think it's worth the money, that's "59x6 = $354!!!"

If you decided to sell your Muses01, I don't mind getting them for $150 smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)