- 3,542 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Suitable DAC and Amp for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 1/22/14 at 11:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Advice regarding the Asus Xonar Essence One Last post on 1/22/14 at 3:56am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 102post #1516 of 29652/14/13 at 1:11pmQuote:
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1517 of 29652/14/13 at 1:17pmpost #1518 of 29652/14/13 at 1:42pmpost #1519 of 29652/14/13 at 1:48pmpost #1520 of 29652/14/13 at 1:52pm
Do a rainbow! Red for 16/44.1 (CD Redbook, get it?) up to white (instead of using indigo in the rainbow) for bit perfect.post #1521 of 29652/14/13 at 2:13pmQuote:
I'm going for Red/UV.
Rainbow/Google colors would not match my set-up scheme.
Timpost #1522 of 29652/14/13 at 4:33pmQuote:I feel for you bro... It's a long wait for your toy and you even go through a difficult path by asking someone to purchase on your behalf and now this has happened. Asus should compensate you for your time - not just the swapping only. I'm also a faithful with Asus.... You should see my rig, and now I'm beginning to think they are getting more complacent....Originally Posted by turokrocks
+1, that makes me really mad, esp. coming from a well known company like ASUS.
I could have gotten myself the normal version and bought the muses myself and could have saved about $250
I am not going to pay a single penny for shipping, as this is Asus mistake.
I will not make a fuss of it, but I will be cool, hoping Asus will help me as they know I am a faithful customer.....the ball is in their ground.post #1523 of 29652/14/13 at 4:40pmpost #1524 of 29652/14/13 at 4:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by acidic
They don't even have a illustration to show us how it looks like, it's like a myth - either it's super top secret that it shouldn't let the public know or they don't want acknowledge that the gain jumper exist in the first place. And now they are saying it could be a batch issue? So even 6moon reviewed set was a lemoned one? Cause I never see that supposed gain jumper in there as well.
I've read the 6moons review of the Essence One most likely around 9-10 times before making my decision on buying it.
Never did i say them have a close up or detailed description of placement and usage.
Timpost #1525 of 29652/14/13 at 4:58pmpost #1526 of 29652/14/13 at 5:16pm
Very nice Kenion.
Did you photoshop that red in there for the power button?
Let me show you the legit one in just about an hour.
Timpost #1527 of 29652/14/13 at 5:18pmQuote:
Yes, I did it for youpost #1528 of 29652/14/13 at 5:25pm
I had a feeling you'd do it for me
awww gee, now i feel all weird inside.
It's going to be 3x brighter though.
Timpost #1529 of 29652/14/13 at 5:34pmQuote:
Don't forget to re-assamble your E1 before you make pictures... :ppost #1530 of 29652/14/13 at 6:00pm
Been tinkering with the E1 here, and I've run into my first issue. For whatever reason, the FWUpdateEndUser.exe program refuses to start, and I can't update the firmware. Killing the process in Task Manager does -nothing-, mandating a reboot to give myself another shot at things. Following the PDF guide to install their C-Media drivers over the USB Composite device did absolutely nothing either, and compatibility mode is rubbish as well!
Running up-to-date W7 x64. Checking event viewer now, but any ideas in the interim? I recall reading about a USB selector mode that tells the E1 to operate at USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 for audio, but I can't find it again for the life of me, and I'm wondering if that may help matters.
FWIW, I did get the MCU upgraded. Now I just need the Firmware done.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Good headphones similar to the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears in size? 31 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x, ATH-M40x, V-moda crossfade M80 or Sennheiser PX 360? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob