- 3,557 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 102
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do a rainbow! Red for 16/44.1 (CD Redbook, get it?) up to white (instead of using indigo in the rainbow) for bit perfect.
I'm going for Red/UV.
Rainbow/Google colors would not match my set-up scheme.
+1, that makes me really mad, esp. coming from a well known company like ASUS.
I could have gotten myself the normal version and bought the muses myself and could have saved about $250
I am not going to pay a single penny for shipping, as this is Asus mistake.
I will not make a fuss of it, but I will be cool, hoping Asus will help me as they know I am a faithful customer.....the ball is in their ground.
They don't even have a illustration to show us how it looks like, it's like a myth - either it's super top secret that it shouldn't let the public know or they don't want acknowledge that the gain jumper exist in the first place. And now they are saying it could be a batch issue? So even 6moon reviewed set was a lemoned one? Cause I never see that supposed gain jumper in there as well.
I've read the 6moons review of the Essence One most likely around 9-10 times before making my decision on buying it.
Never did i say them have a close up or detailed description of placement and usage.
Very nice Kenion.
Did you photoshop that red in there for the power button?
Let me show you the legit one in just about an hour.
Yes, I did it for you
I had a feeling you'd do it for me
awww gee, now i feel all weird inside.
It's going to be 3x brighter though.
Don't forget to re-assamble your E1 before you make pictures... :p
Been tinkering with the E1 here, and I've run into my first issue. For whatever reason, the FWUpdateEndUser.exe program refuses to start, and I can't update the firmware. Killing the process in Task Manager does -nothing-, mandating a reboot to give myself another shot at things. Following the PDF guide to install their C-Media drivers over the USB Composite device did absolutely nothing either, and compatibility mode is rubbish as well!
Running up-to-date W7 x64. Checking event viewer now, but any ideas in the interim? I recall reading about a USB selector mode that tells the E1 to operate at USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 for audio, but I can't find it again for the life of me, and I'm wondering if that may help matters.
FWIW, I did get the MCU upgraded. Now I just need the Firmware done.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 23 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 30 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread (Preliminary Impressions) 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Help setting up Astro A40 and mixamp with Xonar Phoebus? 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › ELA audio 6 foot Hifiman 4-pin cable 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)