- 3,563 Posts. Joined 9/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- REVIEW: Burson DA-160 vs Asus Essence One vs Creative X-Fi Titanium HD Last post on 8/7/13 at 6:48am in Dedicated Source Components
- Help with injecting positional audio (Dolby 5.1) into my current PC audio setup without a soundcard Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:57am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card Last post on 5/13/14 at 4:05am in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Xonar One vs E09k + E17? Last post on 3/26/14 at 11:33am in Dedicated Source Components
- Best computer DAC under 100? Last post on 2/14/14 at 7:10pm in Dedicated Source Components
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 102
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Do a rainbow! Red for 16/44.1 (CD Redbook, get it?) up to white (instead of using indigo in the rainbow) for bit perfect.
I'm going for Red/UV.
Rainbow/Google colors would not match my set-up scheme.
+1, that makes me really mad, esp. coming from a well known company like ASUS.
I could have gotten myself the normal version and bought the muses myself and could have saved about $250
I am not going to pay a single penny for shipping, as this is Asus mistake.
I will not make a fuss of it, but I will be cool, hoping Asus will help me as they know I am a faithful customer.....the ball is in their ground.
They don't even have a illustration to show us how it looks like, it's like a myth - either it's super top secret that it shouldn't let the public know or they don't want acknowledge that the gain jumper exist in the first place. And now they are saying it could be a batch issue? So even 6moon reviewed set was a lemoned one? Cause I never see that supposed gain jumper in there as well.
I've read the 6moons review of the Essence One most likely around 9-10 times before making my decision on buying it.
Never did i say them have a close up or detailed description of placement and usage.
Very nice Kenion.
Did you photoshop that red in there for the power button?
Let me show you the legit one in just about an hour.
Yes, I did it for you
I had a feeling you'd do it for me
awww gee, now i feel all weird inside.
It's going to be 3x brighter though.
Don't forget to re-assamble your E1 before you make pictures... :p
Been tinkering with the E1 here, and I've run into my first issue. For whatever reason, the FWUpdateEndUser.exe program refuses to start, and I can't update the firmware. Killing the process in Task Manager does -nothing-, mandating a reboot to give myself another shot at things. Following the PDF guide to install their C-Media drivers over the USB Composite device did absolutely nothing either, and compatibility mode is rubbish as well!
Running up-to-date W7 x64. Checking event viewer now, but any ideas in the interim? I recall reading about a USB selector mode that tells the E1 to operate at USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 for audio, but I can't find it again for the life of me, and I'm wondering if that may help matters.
FWIW, I did get the MCU upgraded. Now I just need the Firmware done.
- Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 29 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)