Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 84

post #1246 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

Well I have the original asus essence one.
Now decided to replace op amp.
How many muses 01 i have to bougth consedering I don t use the headphone section?
Six? In this way I have the same muses config ?
Thanks for

Six is all you need.

Does not matter if you do not use headphone section,I/V and LFP requires 6 op-amps and affects the sound on all outputs.

 

Get them from Digikey for $50 per, or ebay for $59 per w/ free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post

Tim or anyone else, do you happen to know where I can find simple DIP8->DIP8 "sockets, so I can place that socket on top of the existing socket of the E1 as a backup?

 

I've had some trouble just a few minutes ago... I wanted to remove one of the stock NE5532 opamps. Unfortunately, one of those "noses" broke during the process. That means, one half got stuck inside the soldered socket hole... T_T

 

It was a real pain...however, after an hour of trying to get that tiny little thing out of that hole (I had to turn the E1 upside down and fiddle around with a tiny needle), I managed to get it out.

So to prevent this from happening again I would like to buy another socket just to place it on top of the soldered, original one as a backup.

May I ask what the excact name for it is and where I could buy some of them? - Best some shop that ships to Europe.

 

If I look it up (DIP 8 adapter or socket), all I find are dozens of pages of stuff I'm not looking for :(

 

Any help is much appreciated!

 

Update:

Hmm guys, I found something: http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksearch/dksus.dll?FV=fff40016%2Cfff8049c%2C2dc0905&k=ic+socket&vendor=0&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ptm=0&fid=0&quantity=0&PV571=286

 

or maybe: http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/dil-sockets/7185155/ ?

 

Do you think that is the correct one? It looks like it :O

I have a bunch of gold plated ones left, if only you lived in the U.S. i would of sent them to you.

 

 

 

Here's where i got mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390422337315?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

All it needs to be is a DIP 8 Socket, with 8 holes at the top (4 on each side) and 8 pins at the bottom (4 on each side).

 

Like in in the picture above, i stacked them on top of each other and remove one whenever i need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcod View Post

Considering I use only XLR output and headphone, what free sample opamps should I get from TI to start playing with opamp rolls ?

Perhaps try the most top rated ones first. (or most biased)

 

Tim


Edited by cssarrow - 2/1/13 at 10:14am
post #1247 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

I have a bunch of gold plated ones left, if only you lived in the U.S. i would of sent them to you.

 

Here's where i got mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390422337315?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

All it needs to be is a DIP 8 Socket, with 8 holes at the top (4 on each side) and 8 pins at the bottom (4 on each side).

 

Like in in the picture above, i stacked them on top of each other and remove one whenever i need it.

Perhaps try the most top rated ones first. (or most biased)

Thanks a lot for your help Tim!

I will get some from ebay then.

 

Gotta buy some NE5532P replacement too then... xD

post #1248 of 3016
Thanks a lot Cssarow, now the problem is digikey,
They don t accept order for only 6 unit :-( and the cinese guy return only at february 17, mmh... it is not easy to obtain the muses01.
Ciao from italy
Edited by gattari - 2/1/13 at 10:27am
post #1249 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post

Thanks a lot for your help Tim!

I will get some from ebay then.

 

Gotta buy some NE5532P replacement too then... xD

k701smile.gif China ships pretty cheap, so you're saving some good money.

In terms of removing the op-amps easier, you might want to look for this type of tool:

 

 

Otherwise, Small Flat head screw driver should work, however if one side has all 4 pins stuck in while the other side is fully out, use a plier   and yank it out upward.Just bend the legs back after its out. However, i still recommend the op-amp removal tool more. I think it comes with the Xonar Essence One Plus Edition.

 

Here's an example of what i do after loosening the op-amp from the socket:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattari View Post

Thanks a lot Cssarow, now the problem is digikey,
They don t accept order for only 6 unit :-( and the cinese guy return only at february 17, mmh... it is not easy to obtain the muses01.
Ciao from italy

What do you mean return at February 17th?

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-MUSES01-High-Quality-Audio-J-FET-Input-Dual-Operational-Amplifier-/320862379536?pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item4ab4e35e10

 

I received mine in 3 days. Comes with 14 return policy. Authentic. 

 

Tim

post #1250 of 3016

Thanks.

I did it with a tweezer. However, I kept loosing grip.

I ordered 2 diffrent IC-removal tools (to test which one is best) just like the one you have mentioned.

 

It's really easy to remove the mono to dual adapter opamps (LME49990) though. - That's why I would like to mount a dip 8 socket everywhere on the E1 for easy swapping.


Edited by Kenion - 2/1/13 at 11:03am
post #1251 of 3016
Yes there is an advice on ebay vendor site . The vendor return 17 february.
Ciao
post #1252 of 3016

cssarrow, its the Chinese New Year.

post #1253 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk1n5 View Post

cssarrow, its the Chinese New Year.

I'm Asian and i had no clue.

 

ph34r.gif

 

Tim

post #1254 of 3016

They have sent my package anyway, but it was a diffrent chinese vendor (not the MUSES one) - guess they don't give a damn biggrin.gif

I'm flying over Beijing (just to make a stop in that airport and continue) later this month. I hope I don't have to worry about my plane get shot down by fireworks until then.. xD
 

...once upon a time I had great interest in buying one of these MUSES opamps but then I took an in the knee... or let's say, I've managed to easily break any DIP8 chip around me biggrin.gif

post #1255 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post

They have sent my package anyway, but it was a diffrent chinese vendor (not the MUSES one) - guess they don't give a damn biggrin.gif

I'm flying over Beijing (just to make a stop in that airport and continue) later this month. I hope I don't have to worry about my plane get shot down by fireworks until then.. xD
 

...once upon a time I had great interest in buying one of these MUSES opamps but then I took an in the knee... or let's say, I've managed to easily break any DIP8 chip around me biggrin.gif

Well it does sound good, so it should be on your future upgrades list.

 

Just put them on socket risers and never worry about it again.

 

I dislike using over 2 DIP-8 socket's, pretty eccentric and scared any more would negatively affect the sound.

 

Almost done with my mod's. If you've noticed, the blue led's on the essence one is pretty bright. It shouldn't be this bright as the lights are suppose to just be indicators of the unit being powered and using the right functions. It's like a flash bang grenade at night time, since i use it for desktop use, it's blinding.. 

You guys would love the pictures that i'll be posting soon. Lot's of eye candy. Waiting on the red surface mount led's for the power button.

 

Tim


Edited by cssarrow - 2/2/13 at 1:31am
post #1256 of 3016

Can't wait to see some pictures of your modded E1 Tim :)

Don't forget to shoot some in complete darkness too wink_face.gif

post #1257 of 3016

hi people... i just got my essence one (base version) and ordered the muses opamp. I tried to search in the internet on the gain jumper that is on the muses version of essence one but i can't seems to find it. is it possible for muses version owners to take a photo of that portion and how it looks like. I believe the main board for all the essence one versions are the same only the muses version has something extra solderied on it. Hope there is some direction for us essence one base or plus users to follow and add that in.

 

Not to discredit anyone that purchased the muses version but we are the budget (or desperate) guys that would like to mod this into a full muses version..... in my country, its almost impossible to get the muses version due to distributor constraint MOQ from Asus....  redface.gif


Edited by acidic - 2/3/13 at 8:43am
post #1258 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidic View Post

hi people... i just got my essence one (base version) and ordered the muses opamp. I tried to search in the internet on the gain jumper that is on the muses version of essence one but i can't seems to find it. is it possible for muses version owners to take a photo of that portion and how it looks like. I believe the main board for all the essence one versions are the same only the muses version has something extra solderied on it. Hope there is some direction for us essence one base or plus users to follow and add that in.

 

Not to discredit anyone that purchased the muses version but we are the budget (or desperate) guys that would like to mod this into a full muses version..... in my country, its almost impossible to get the muses version due to distributor constraint MOQ from Asus....  redface.gif

5 hours ago I pushed the trigger and ordered the muses version (my girl will kill me), I will be glad to post some picture  when it arrives and have some time with my new toy.

post #1259 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

5 hours ago I pushed the trigger and ordered the muses version (my girl will kill me), I will be glad to post some picture  when it arrives and have some time with my new toy.

I'm confident that you will love your new muses ed.! :)

post #1260 of 3016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenion View Post

Can't wait to see some pictures of your modded E1 Tim :)

Don't forget to shoot some in complete darkness too wink_face.gif

who would of thought led's would be so expensive..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)