Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) - Page 78

post #1156 of 3069

How do you get the E1 working with Windows 8? ASUS said they support it ( https://plus.google.com/+ASUS/posts/BCKUeYLtMD5 ), but when I try to install the driver, it tells me my OS is not supported.

 

Plus the driver-download on the website seems to be broken: http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_One/#support_Download

post #1157 of 3069

So I heard the noise today first time since I started using the stock USB cable. 

 

 

I am thinking about going with an optical cable out of the STX any cons of doing this? Sound should be the same since its digital correct?

 

& the virtual surround is definitely doing something, I need to find a good test but the sound does seem a lot more positional.

 

edit: So it hasnt happened yet, but I think the problem was with using USB and having so many PCI-E devices capable of sound, even though I disabled them all and it still happen.

 

 

essence stx

essence hdav 1.3+H6

avermedia gamebroadcaster HD


Edited by HelIish - 1/21/13 at 8:41pm
post #1158 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Max View Post

Is this DAC discontinued? Is something else on the way?

No it is current. Some regions are working on getting it on shelves at audio stores - and that's what's taking time. 

post #1159 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uusitalo View Post

How do you get the E1 working with Windows 8? ASUS said they support it ( https://plus.google.com/+ASUS/posts/BCKUeYLtMD5 ), but when I try to install the driver, it tells me my OS is not supported.

 

Plus the driver-download on the website seems to be broken: http://www.asus.com/Sound_Cards_and_DigitaltoAnalog_Converters/Xonar_Essence_One/#support_Download

 

 

The ASUS site has just gone a face-lift, please bear with us, we'll get that sorted out asap. 

post #1160 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSXONAR View Post

 

 

The ASUS site has just gone a face-lift, please bear with us, we'll get that sorted out asap. 

I have been trying to buy the muses edition from an online store that ships internationally (outside US) since more than 3 weeks, and in vain!!!mad.gif

 

I appreciate your help in this matter....frown.gif

post #1161 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

I have been trying to buy the muses edition from an online store that ships internationally (outside US) since more than 3 weeks, and in vain!!!mad.gif

 

I appreciate your help in this matter....frown.gif

 

As far as I know, excaliberpc.com is the only site that has it in stock and ships internationally. I've ordered there and the wire transfer took about 5 days to confirm, after that the shipping was superquick with FedEx, took about 4 days to get to my place from the US. You might want to check back with them though since the availability now says "Please Call".

Also, be careful, if you ship to Europe you have to pay EU taxes+duty for the import to Fedex which would be about 200€, so you might be better off buying the standard E1 and getting the MUSES separately, or just wait for a proper EU release.

post #1162 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

I have been trying to buy the muses edition from an online store that ships internationally (outside US) since more than 3 weeks, and in vain!!!mad.gif

 

I appreciate your help in this matter....frown.gif

 

 

Each region is working on it. The distribution channel varies from region to region, so it's taking time. There should be units on sale in the EU soon. This Xonar account is handled by HQ and North America, we have relayed your posts to the other regions and will try and update here when we know more.

post #1163 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by cssarrow View Post

evil_smiley.gif I'm afraid that my Essence One won't make it out of this surgery. (soldering process)

 

 

 

 

About to give it a test.

 

And....IT WORKS!

 

 

 

 

Noticed some very very good changes in detail, separation, and transparency instantly. Treble was slightly higher (barely), and bass was a little cleaner.

 

Can't wait to add the new WIMA capacitors, aluminum heatsinks, power cord, pci-express cord, and LME49710HA's to be installed..

Along upgrading the black cable underneath the Essence PCB and changing all 3mm LED's (including smd) to red/dark red.

 

 

Tim

Nice mod so far, so it does improves the sound if you change the capacitors.

post #1164 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSXONAR View Post

 

 

Each region is working on it. The distribution channel varies from region to region, so it's taking time. There should be units on sale in the EU soon. This Xonar account is handled by HQ and North America, we have relayed your posts to the other regions and will try and update here when we know more.

As you said, out of stock , and I prefer to pay with paypal as to have my back covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uusitalo View Post

 

As far as I know, excaliberpc.com is the only site that has it in stock and ships internationally. I've ordered there and the wire transfer took about 5 days to confirm, after that the shipping was superquick with FedEx, took about 4 days to get to my place from the US. You might want to check back with them though since the availability now says "Please Call".

Also, be careful, if you ship to Europe you have to pay EU taxes+duty for the import to Fedex which would be about , so you might be better off buying the standard E1 and getting the MUSES separately, or just wait for a proper EU release.

Thank you, will be waiting for your update.

post #1165 of 3069
Quote:
Originally Posted by turokrocks View Post

As you said, out of stock , and I prefer to pay with paypal as to have my back covered.

Thank you, will be waiting for your update.

 

 

Contact ASUS support in your region. You can use Google with the country name to find a contact endpoint. Send an email to that address and they should be able to update you on availability in your region. I cover NA and can't do much to expedite outside what i've told you.

 

 

This rather long URL shows a few more NA outlets:

 

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/3263918897753903010?hl=en&q=xonar+essence+one+muses+edition&oq=xonar+essence+one+mus&gs_l=products-cc.3.0.0j0i5.2783.5719.0.6495.21.21.0.0.0.0.115.1403.19j2.21.0...0.0...1ac.1.5KoZzsYRCUY&sa=X&ei=hV_3UJ6wNcXXkAWO3oHgDQ&ved=0CDQQ8wIwAA


Edited by ASUSXONAR - 1/22/13 at 3:21am
post #1166 of 3069

Is there any (dis)advantage in using the S/PDIF-out from my mainboard instead of the USB out?

Obviously I want the E1 to do the work, not my crappy onboard soundcard, so I'm not sure if using the SPDIF-out would interfere with the signal in any way.

 

funny sidenote:
My E1 MUSES Edition had an Audio Test Report for the standard E1 from 2011 + another one from 8/2012 for the Muses Op-amps, I guess they just swapped them in later on.

post #1167 of 3069

Depends on a case by case basis. If you're getting lots of noise via USB, then try S/PDIF instead.

post #1168 of 3069

Hello,

 

I was wondering if the stock wima caps could be replaced with these.

 

 

Help will be appreciated.

 

Tim

post #1169 of 3069

Really you can replace anything, but you have to consider if it is worth the time and expense to change the stock units.

post #1170 of 3069

These caps were free from TAW so i might as well, otherwise they would just be laying there calling out my name.

 

Changing out parts is always fun (if they end up working).

 

There are two FKS2 (8200pF|0.022uF) and two FKP2 (2200pF|1800p[F) embedded in the Essence One.

 

FKP2 (Polypropylene) regarded as being one of the best film capacitors, should be an improvement specification wise when replacing the stock FKS2.

For audio pathway, i hear having lower tolerance would be a benefactor, thus all the caps would be replaced with FKP2 2.5% Tolerance

 

Since this being a thread on the Essence One, perhaps it may help other individuals who also have some free time on their hands.

 

Tim


Edited by cssarrow - 1/23/13 at 11:11am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)