Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced? Moon Audio? I'm going to keep the stock cable. Anyone know how much it will run? Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from HD 598 to HD 650, Q701, DT 880 or even T 1? Last post on 2/16/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why don't more headphones have replaceable cables? Last post on 4/29/14 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 8/24/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?post #1 of 93/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 93/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #3 of 93/2/11 at 10:41pm
To be honest I wouldnt do it myself the retermination, eventhough I am skilled in soldering but it is another thing to reterminate the T1 or the e.g. used DT880's. Fact is, that it is almost the same inside but I also read in another thread that sb. tried it with the lucky ending that the coil wires were dissappeared because of the heat of the soldering iron. Further I think that the level of feeling to destroy sth is much higher as doing the same with lower priced cans.
Concerning your question I know that there are a few aftermarket cable resellers outside which will do it for you, though I havent tried them because I am happy with the stock cable. Just use headfi and look at the sponsors for example or try a search in this forum.post #4 of 93/2/11 at 11:37pmpost #5 of 93/3/11 at 5:53amQuote:
Sorry for my last answer. I have read tooo fast. So, if you only want to re-terminate the plug you really can do it by your own or with the help of a friend with skills in soldering!! I have thought that you want to replace the cable..post #6 of 93/11/11 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by wotts
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com
I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.
Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.
post #7 of 93/12/11 at 4:08pm
I would love to hear your impressions of the WA22 with the T1s. I am looking at it as my next amp upgrade.
Quote:post #8 of 93/13/11 at 11:05amThread Starter
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).post #9 of 93/13/11 at 11:31pm
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. And I agree the two xlrs is way cool.
Quote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).
- Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED 2 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Getting started with a Vintage Hi-fi System, a few questions. 4 minutes ago
- › Why do companies make headphones hard to drive(300+ ohm) is it a... 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p.... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP (Release Imminent) - Product Information and... 5 minutes ago
- › Best IEM available? 5 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones (considering ATH-M50X, DT-770PRO 250,... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2