Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced? Moon Audio? I'm going to keep the stock cable. Anyone know how much it will run? Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 11/2/15 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from HD 598 to HD 650, Q701, DT 880 or even T 1? Last post on 1/21/16 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why don't more headphones have replaceable cables? Last post on 4/29/14 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?post #1 of 93/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 93/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #3 of 93/2/11 at 10:41pm
To be honest I wouldnt do it myself the retermination, eventhough I am skilled in soldering but it is another thing to reterminate the T1 or the e.g. used DT880's. Fact is, that it is almost the same inside but I also read in another thread that sb. tried it with the lucky ending that the coil wires were dissappeared because of the heat of the soldering iron. Further I think that the level of feeling to destroy sth is much higher as doing the same with lower priced cans.
Concerning your question I know that there are a few aftermarket cable resellers outside which will do it for you, though I havent tried them because I am happy with the stock cable. Just use headfi and look at the sponsors for example or try a search in this forum.post #4 of 93/2/11 at 11:37pmpost #5 of 93/3/11 at 5:53amQuote:
Sorry for my last answer. I have read tooo fast. So, if you only want to re-terminate the plug you really can do it by your own or with the help of a friend with skills in soldering!! I have thought that you want to replace the cable..post #6 of 93/11/11 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by wotts
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com
I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.
Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.
post #7 of 93/12/11 at 4:08pm
I would love to hear your impressions of the WA22 with the T1s. I am looking at it as my next amp upgrade.
Quote:post #8 of 93/13/11 at 11:05amThread Starter
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).post #9 of 93/13/11 at 11:31pm
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. And I agree the two xlrs is way cool.
Quote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).
- Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › What are good ATH inear? 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › New Sony PHA-2A portable DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › MacBook Pro 2016 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear