Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced? Moon Audio? I'm going to keep the stock cable. Anyone know how much it will run? Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 12/29/13 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from HD 598 to HD 650, Q701, DT 880 or even T 1? Last post on 2/16/12 at 2:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why don't more headphones have replaceable cables? Last post on 4/29/14 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- DIY Cable Info and ResourcesLast edited: 10/2/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?post #1 of 93/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 93/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #3 of 93/2/11 at 10:41pm
To be honest I wouldnt do it myself the retermination, eventhough I am skilled in soldering but it is another thing to reterminate the T1 or the e.g. used DT880's. Fact is, that it is almost the same inside but I also read in another thread that sb. tried it with the lucky ending that the coil wires were dissappeared because of the heat of the soldering iron. Further I think that the level of feeling to destroy sth is much higher as doing the same with lower priced cans.
Concerning your question I know that there are a few aftermarket cable resellers outside which will do it for you, though I havent tried them because I am happy with the stock cable. Just use headfi and look at the sponsors for example or try a search in this forum.post #4 of 93/2/11 at 11:37pmpost #5 of 93/3/11 at 5:53amQuote:
Sorry for my last answer. I have read tooo fast. So, if you only want to re-terminate the plug you really can do it by your own or with the help of a friend with skills in soldering!! I have thought that you want to replace the cable..post #6 of 93/11/11 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by wotts
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com
I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.
Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.
post #7 of 93/12/11 at 4:08pm
I would love to hear your impressions of the WA22 with the T1s. I am looking at it as my next amp upgrade.
Quote:post #8 of 93/13/11 at 11:05amThread Starter
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).post #9 of 93/13/11 at 11:31pm
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. And I agree the two xlrs is way cool.
Quote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).
- Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Burson USB Cables 5 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › Westerville Fall meet. 8 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!) 12 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)