Where can I get these re-terminated for balanced? Moon Audio? I'm going to keep the stock cable. Anyone know how much it will run? Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- If HD800 And T1 Are Overpriced, What Are The Cheaper Alternatives That Compete With These Two... Last post on 11/2/15 at 12:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrading from HD 598 to HD 650, Q701, DT 880 or even T 1? Last post on 1/21/16 at 2:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- t50p, DT880, (T1?), SR225i (with end choice...!) Last post on 10/5/11 at 1:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything else I should look at in the $650 price range? Looking at the DT880 modded from Moon Audio. Last post on 9/28/11 at 11:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Why don't more headphones have replaceable cables? Last post on 4/29/14 at 1:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Introduction Bluetooth audio has come a long way. It used to be the playground of niche audio brands like Jabra and Plantronics, but when the big boys like Sennheiser got into the mix, things got...
I spent a week with the OPPO PM-3 through the head-fi loaner program, and got the chance to try them out on a variety of pieces. 99% of my headphone listening is classical music of one type or...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION Following the successful launch of the initial Trinity range on Kickstarter, Bob (Trinity's CEO and...
REVIEW: ifi Pro iCan Equipment used: Headphones: Sennheiser HD800S, Hifiman Edition X, Hifiman HE-560, AKG K7XX, Audeze LCD-2f, Sennheiser Momentum, HD-650, Oppo PM-2, PM-3, Aurisonics ASG...
Thank-you to Pandora of Brainwavz for supplying the Omega for review. Brainwavz has been around for a while now and this isn't my first encounter with one of their products. In 2011 I...
Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?post #1 of 93/2/11 at 7:22pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 93/2/11 at 8:45pmpost #3 of 93/2/11 at 10:41pm
To be honest I wouldnt do it myself the retermination, eventhough I am skilled in soldering but it is another thing to reterminate the T1 or the e.g. used DT880's. Fact is, that it is almost the same inside but I also read in another thread that sb. tried it with the lucky ending that the coil wires were dissappeared because of the heat of the soldering iron. Further I think that the level of feeling to destroy sth is much higher as doing the same with lower priced cans.
Concerning your question I know that there are a few aftermarket cable resellers outside which will do it for you, though I havent tried them because I am happy with the stock cable. Just use headfi and look at the sponsors for example or try a search in this forum.post #4 of 93/2/11 at 11:37pmpost #5 of 93/3/11 at 5:53amQuote:
Sorry for my last answer. I have read tooo fast. So, if you only want to re-terminate the plug you really can do it by your own or with the help of a friend with skills in soldering!! I have thought that you want to replace the cable..post #6 of 93/11/11 at 9:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by wotts
I recommend Robert at http://aphroditecu29.com
I ordered a set of T-1s from Robert, had them recabled and terminated with XLRs for balanced use. After listening to T-1s at a meet in January, I decided I wanted a pair, and the owner passed along Robert's name. Very easy to work with.
Ditto. Robert has my T1's right now, and is doing a balanced conversion so they will work with my new WA22. Very good to work with, and you can see a set of the T1's with new cables on his website.
post #7 of 93/12/11 at 4:08pm
I would love to hear your impressions of the WA22 with the T1s. I am looking at it as my next amp upgrade.
Quote:post #8 of 93/13/11 at 11:05amThread Starter
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).post #9 of 93/13/11 at 11:31pm
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll check it out. And I agree the two xlrs is way cool.
Quote:Originally Posted by Icenine2
Go over the the Woo Owners Unite thread. There are about 4 other guys who have balanced phone set ups. I'll post up here when it's done and have it. I was going to do two XLR 3 pin but I'm going to do the one 4 pin XLR instead. Easier. I just have to get past the image in my mind of the two XLR's looking cooler (at least to me).
- Where should I get my beyerdynamic Tesla T-1's retermimated for balanced?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Cables & Accessories)
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 29 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 50 seconds ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › AKG N20 iem 1 minute ago
- › fidelio x2 vs dt990 pro 250 ohm 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-AS800AP Splashproof Sporty In-Earphone - Black... by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by ezekiel77
- › OPPO PM-3 by gardibolt
- › Trinity Audio Engineering Atlas water resistant sports in-ear monitor by Brooko
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Koolpep
- › Brainwavz Omega In Ear Earbuds Noise Isolating Earphones Remote... by Deviltooth
- › Bravo Audio Ocean by Varley58
- › Darkvoice 336SE by Shasari
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...