- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH550DJ Last post on 9/30/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-25 II new, very shrill? Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ?? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones... (HD558 or SHR440) Last post on 7/9/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I'd watched the growth of MEE Audio over the years, first as Meelectronics, and then more recently as...
At the time this review was written, the Edifier P220 was listed for sale on Amazon. Here is a link to their listing of the...
I loved these Bluetooth earphones,was pme of my best buys, I got them for a shade under $30 at https://www.chinavasion.com/. The earphones come with a bag of silicon clips and different size...
Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions - Page 3post #31 of 336/8/13 at 5:52pmI need to know, do the Shure SRH550DJ's get loud?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/8/14 at 7:15pm
Let me chime in here and say I picked up SRH550 for my collection.
I already own SRH440, 840, 940.
To my ears SRH550 sounds very similar to SRH440, I wouldn't be surprised if uses the same drivers (but tuned differently). The 550 is detailed, fairly clean and clear (very much like a 440), it's light due to being fairly plasticky but looks really good in person. Soundstage is rather closed in (narrow) though probably due to the pads being overly flat and the comfort levels would be best described as average hence why members report changing to 750 pads) Despite being a DJ headphone it still manages to pull of most genres well, including metal, rock. The cable is much thinner than those found on the 750DJ, 440, 840, 940 and doesn't ispire the best confidence, but sure it's fine. 550 also go loud without early distortion.
For $100 though 550 keeps the Shure tradition serving up the same quality sound.post #33 of 336/11/16 at 10:41pm
Are these still getting any love? Nice sound, great FR balance, but durability is still absent. Still no revision in 5 years.
Sounds better with Brainwavz HM3 pads. The headphone will become around-ear instead of on-ear this way.
Anyone know what kind of superglue works best on this baby?
Edit: Looks like I hit the jackpot with J-B Weld steel-reinforced epoxy.
Edit2: Looks ugly, but appears to hold most permanently.
Edited by Mad Max - 8/6/16 at 9:31am
- Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking to get a pair of sennheiser game zero 44 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 52 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The foobar2000 help thread. Got problems or questions? Ask here! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...