- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH550DJ Last post on 9/30/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-25 II new, very shrill? Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ?? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones... (HD558 or SHR440) Last post on 7/9/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Used Schiit Modi & Magni with car sim racing game with Sennheiser HD 598 headphones. Unfortunately, Modi died after 2+ years. Thought warranty was 5 years but found out the hard way it's only 2...
These are *fantastic* for the price. Compared side by side to some old Sennheiser MX500s, that cost at least 4x as much, the Monk+ absolutely wipes the floor - they are hugely superior. Warm...
Acknowledgment Thanks, @Andykong at Cayin, and @Takeanidea for organizing the UK wing of the worldwide extravaganza of i5 tour. It is always an honour to work with great companies and dear...
Introductory word They say that once you go black.... yeah. This is quite self-explanatory. And behold, black iFi Audio product emerged. I can only say - finally. Cheers to 'em English folks....
Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions - Page 3post #31 of 336/8/13 at 5:52pmI need to know, do the Shure SRH550DJ's get loud?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/8/14 at 7:15pm
Let me chime in here and say I picked up SRH550 for my collection.
I already own SRH440, 840, 940.
To my ears SRH550 sounds very similar to SRH440, I wouldn't be surprised if uses the same drivers (but tuned differently). The 550 is detailed, fairly clean and clear (very much like a 440), it's light due to being fairly plasticky but looks really good in person. Soundstage is rather closed in (narrow) though probably due to the pads being overly flat and the comfort levels would be best described as average hence why members report changing to 750 pads) Despite being a DJ headphone it still manages to pull of most genres well, including metal, rock. The cable is much thinner than those found on the 750DJ, 440, 840, 940 and doesn't ispire the best confidence, but sure it's fine. 550 also go loud without early distortion.
For $100 though 550 keeps the Shure tradition serving up the same quality sound.post #33 of 336/11/16 at 10:41pm
Are these still getting any love? Nice sound, great FR balance, but durability is still absent. Still no revision in 5 years.
Sounds better with Brainwavz HM3 pads. The headphone will become around-ear instead of on-ear this way.
Anyone know what kind of superglue works best on this baby?
Edit: Looks like I hit the jackpot with J-B Weld steel-reinforced epoxy.
Edit2: Looks ugly, but appears to hold most permanently.
Edited by Mad Max - 8/6/16 at 9:31am
- Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 27 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Schiit Modi by Tim Updegrove
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear