- 33 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH550DJ Last post on 9/30/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-25 II new, very shrill? Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ?? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones... (HD558 or SHR440) Last post on 7/9/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions - Page 3post #31 of 326/8/13 at 5:52pmI need to know, do the Shure SRH550DJ's get loud?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 329/8/14 at 7:15pm
Let me chime in here and say I picked up SRH550 for my collection.
I already own SRH440, 840, 940.
To my ears SRH550 sounds very similar to SRH440, I wouldn't be surprised if uses the same drivers (but tuned differently). The 550 is detailed, fairly clean and clear (very much like a 440), it's light due to being fairly plasticky but looks really good in person. Soundstage is rather closed in (narrow) though probably due to the pads being overly flat and the comfort levels would be best described as average hence why members report changing to 750 pads) Despite being a DJ headphone it still manages to pull of most genres well, including metal, rock. The cable is much thinner than those found on the 750DJ, 440, 840, 940 and doesn't ispire the best confidence, but sure it's fine. 550 also go loud without early distortion.
For $100 though 550 keeps the Shure tradition serving up the same quality sound.
- Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 49 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature Pro Mint 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 (& Plus) & iOS 8 Sound Quality Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 3 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Octave 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a suitable pair of headphones, $300-$350 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)