- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH550DJ Last post on 9/30/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-25 II new, very shrill? Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ?? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones... (HD558 or SHR440) Last post on 7/9/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions - Page 3post #31 of 336/8/13 at 5:52pmI need to know, do the Shure SRH550DJ's get loud?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/8/14 at 7:15pm
Let me chime in here and say I picked up SRH550 for my collection.
I already own SRH440, 840, 940.
To my ears SRH550 sounds very similar to SRH440, I wouldn't be surprised if uses the same drivers (but tuned differently). The 550 is detailed, fairly clean and clear (very much like a 440), it's light due to being fairly plasticky but looks really good in person. Soundstage is rather closed in (narrow) though probably due to the pads being overly flat and the comfort levels would be best described as average hence why members report changing to 750 pads) Despite being a DJ headphone it still manages to pull of most genres well, including metal, rock. The cable is much thinner than those found on the 750DJ, 440, 840, 940 and doesn't ispire the best confidence, but sure it's fine. 550 also go loud without early distortion.
For $100 though 550 keeps the Shure tradition serving up the same quality sound.post #33 of 336/11/16 at 10:41pm
Are these still getting any love? Nice sound, great FR balance, but durability is still absent. Still no revision in 5 years.
Sounds better with Brainwavz HM3 pads. The headphone will become around-ear instead of on-ear this way.
Anyone know what kind of superglue works best on this baby?
Edit: Looks like I hit the jackpot with J-B Weld steel-reinforced epoxy.
Edit2: Looks ugly, but appears to hold most permanently.
Edited by Mad Max - 8/6/16 at 9:31am
- Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 23 seconds ago
- › New to Head-Fi 34 seconds ago
- › Amps for Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 3 minutes ago
- › Adam F5, Paradigm Shift A2, Vanatoo T1? 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 7 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 9 minutes ago
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear