- 34 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/30/11
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 8/30/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH 550 DJtagged by System, 3/3/11
- productShure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Shure SRH550DJ Last post on 9/30/11 at 4:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD-25 II new, very shrill? Last post on 10/1/11 at 10:14pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Portable Headphones for Metal/Rock Last post on 9/9/11 at 3:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SHURE SRH 750 DJ or AKG K 181 DJ ?? Last post on 8/1/11 at 4:17pm in Headphones (full-size)
- New headphones... (HD558 or SHR440) Last post on 7/9/11 at 11:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions - Page 3post #31 of 336/8/13 at 5:52pmI need to know, do the Shure SRH550DJ's get loud?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 339/8/14 at 7:15pm
Let me chime in here and say I picked up SRH550 for my collection.
I already own SRH440, 840, 940.
To my ears SRH550 sounds very similar to SRH440, I wouldn't be surprised if uses the same drivers (but tuned differently). The 550 is detailed, fairly clean and clear (very much like a 440), it's light due to being fairly plasticky but looks really good in person. Soundstage is rather closed in (narrow) though probably due to the pads being overly flat and the comfort levels would be best described as average hence why members report changing to 750 pads) Despite being a DJ headphone it still manages to pull of most genres well, including metal, rock. The cable is much thinner than those found on the 750DJ, 440, 840, 940 and doesn't ispire the best confidence, but sure it's fine. 550 also go loud without early distortion.
For $100 though 550 keeps the Shure tradition serving up the same quality sound.post #33 of 336/11/16 at 10:41pm
Are these still getting any love? Nice sound, great FR balance, but durability is still absent. Still no revision in 5 years.
Sounds better with Brainwavz HM3 pads. The headphone will become around-ear instead of on-ear this way.
Anyone know what kind of superglue works best on this baby?
- Shure SRH550DJ: Reviews and Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 39 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H7 Bluetooth Headphones - NEW! 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Questions about the Musical Fidelity V90-BHA + AKG K702 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 1 minute ago
- › Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 3 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Introduction, USA tour, and Head-Fi discount! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...