Negative, I want to be able to use my Audigy 2 ZS cards using kX Audio drivers or else I had gotten a Xonar Essence ST/X card long time ago.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/3/11
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 3/3/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productLogitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Soundtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review update) Last post on Today at 5:25 am in Video Games Discussion
- Narrowing down my choices! Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 193/3/11 at 5:41pm
I recommend the OP to check out MLE's thread on gaming headphonespost #18 of 193/3/11 at 6:16pm
I don't have that much experience with gaming headsets nor audiophile headphones....but I used to have a cheap vibration headset many moons ago, I have sampled my brother's gaming headset (Turtle Beach PX 21 I think they're called) and I have my current set up which is an audiophile headphone.
I'm also in an extremely similar boat to you - PS3 play for enjoyment as opposed to competition mostly & blu ray watching. If your PS3 is close to your PC, and I presume it is if you're considering Xonar brands, I can tell you my set up when I'm gaming on PS3 and watching blu ray's especially with the 5.1 DTS HD-MA tracks sounds awesome....I can (naturally) wholeheartedly recommend you my set up for you to consider:
Asus Xonar Essence ST/X (pretty much the pinnacle commercial audio card aimed squarely at audio quality that you can get - amazing!)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (bass heavy, clampy but comfy, bright and open backed, mids apparently sucked out but I can't tell - very wide sounding, plenty of depth, incredibly detailed and surrounding.)
I also have a Fiio E7 which is awesome for portable use but for home use what I've listed there is pretty much all you'll need if you're in a similar boat to me. Absolutely engaging. Nothing lacking to my ear. Just glorious audio. It will run you about £230 if you're in the UK, but you do get what you pay for overall. That's why the PS3 is a fair bit more expensive than an Xbox 360 ;). All you might need though is an extra 6.5mm screw on adapter and rca to 3.5mm jack for your line in cable linking your PS3 audio cables to your Essence audio card. But they're irrelevant as dirt cheap on ebay. Then once you're all set up, glorious HD Master Audio upscaled to 24bit/192khz PS3 anything done by the card after the fact well that's just a match made in heaven for me and is everything I was looking for. It didn't cost me a kidney either lol.post #19 of 193/6/11 at 3:41pm
I'm telling ya bro, HFI-580 or the HD555's for gaming. the DT770's sound nice but have a tiny sound stage and are about on-par with the HFI-580's as far as bass go's but they extend a bit deeper.
- Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 20 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 Vs IE800...?? 53 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-A15 vs FiiO X1 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › Project Ember Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 3 minutes ago
- › Custom Beyer T90 PRICE REDUCTION 3 minutes ago
- › Objectivists board room 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2