Negative, I want to be able to use my Audigy 2 ZS cards using kX Audio drivers or else I had gotten a Xonar Essence ST/X card long time ago.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/3/11
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 3/3/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productLogitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Soundtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and Shure 1540 added) Last post on Today at 3:27 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Narrowing down my choices! Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Pros: Comfort, build quality, sub-bass quality, multiple sound tunings. Cons: Shouty upper mids Tonal Balance: Warm to balanced depending on ports. Style: Closed over-ear Listening...
The T40rp mark 2 is a very fine headphone. My first impression's of them where positive although your ears might take a while to get use to the very unique sound signature. They are very well...
You gonna get an amp now? ...or wait? o.k., you gonna wait? keep...
After years of not getting anything new, the Lyra was my first earphones that I would classify as high end. I got it before my CDM and one thing really lead to another. Made by Campfire...
Introduction: Peter Wong Audio is a Hong Kong based brand, and Peter, Ceo of th company, offers many different products such as mini to mini and IEM cables, several adapters, interconnects and...
Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 193/3/11 at 5:41pm
I recommend the OP to check out MLE's thread on gaming headphonespost #18 of 193/3/11 at 6:16pm
I don't have that much experience with gaming headsets nor audiophile headphones....but I used to have a cheap vibration headset many moons ago, I have sampled my brother's gaming headset (Turtle Beach PX 21 I think they're called) and I have my current set up which is an audiophile headphone.
I'm also in an extremely similar boat to you - PS3 play for enjoyment as opposed to competition mostly & blu ray watching. If your PS3 is close to your PC, and I presume it is if you're considering Xonar brands, I can tell you my set up when I'm gaming on PS3 and watching blu ray's especially with the 5.1 DTS HD-MA tracks sounds awesome....I can (naturally) wholeheartedly recommend you my set up for you to consider:
Asus Xonar Essence ST/X (pretty much the pinnacle commercial audio card aimed squarely at audio quality that you can get - amazing!)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (bass heavy, clampy but comfy, bright and open backed, mids apparently sucked out but I can't tell - very wide sounding, plenty of depth, incredibly detailed and surrounding.)
I also have a Fiio E7 which is awesome for portable use but for home use what I've listed there is pretty much all you'll need if you're in a similar boat to me. Absolutely engaging. Nothing lacking to my ear. Just glorious audio. It will run you about £230 if you're in the UK, but you do get what you pay for overall. That's why the PS3 is a fair bit more expensive than an Xbox 360 ;). All you might need though is an extra 6.5mm screw on adapter and rca to 3.5mm jack for your line in cable linking your PS3 audio cables to your Essence audio card. But they're irrelevant as dirt cheap on ebay. Then once you're all set up, glorious HD Master Audio upscaled to 24bit/192khz PS3 anything done by the card after the fact well that's just a match made in heaven for me and is everything I was looking for. It didn't cost me a kidney either lol.post #19 of 193/6/11 at 3:41pm
I'm telling ya bro, HFI-580 or the HD555's for gaming. the DT770's sound nice but have a tiny sound stage and are about on-par with the HFI-580's as far as bass go's but they extend a bit deeper.
- Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › SoundMAGIC E80 Review by mark2410 18 seconds ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 27 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Sunday, August 30, 2015) - part of CanMania @... 37 seconds ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 58 seconds ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPod with SDXC mod (Tarkan or OWC) 2 minutes ago
- › Finalists - Shure SRH 1540 vs Shure SRH 1840 vs HiFiMAN HE400i vs... 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 4 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by Hawaiibadboy
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by tassardar
- › PW Audio Legend II v2 Copper IEM Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Xiaomi Mi Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by Hisoundfi
- › Project Horizon 3 by Army-Firedawg
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by grizzlybeast
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by nauhid
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2