Negative, I want to be able to use my Audigy 2 ZS cards using kX Audio drivers or else I had gotten a Xonar Essence ST/X card long time ago.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/3/11
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 3/3/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productLogitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Soundtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on 9/24/16 at 4:54pm in Video Games Discussion
- Narrowing down my choices! Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
I got the same kind but of course in purple Philips SHE3590PP/28 In-Ear Headphones (Purple) - there is basically no based and I had to turn the volume way up to hear sound that didn't sound cheap.
Soundaware M1 Pro / “Esther” – initial impressions I had the opportunity to listen to the Soundaware M1 Pro as part of the recent UK and North American tours that the company have...
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 193/3/11 at 5:41pm
I recommend the OP to check out MLE's thread on gaming headphonespost #18 of 193/3/11 at 6:16pm
I don't have that much experience with gaming headsets nor audiophile headphones....but I used to have a cheap vibration headset many moons ago, I have sampled my brother's gaming headset (Turtle Beach PX 21 I think they're called) and I have my current set up which is an audiophile headphone.
I'm also in an extremely similar boat to you - PS3 play for enjoyment as opposed to competition mostly & blu ray watching. If your PS3 is close to your PC, and I presume it is if you're considering Xonar brands, I can tell you my set up when I'm gaming on PS3 and watching blu ray's especially with the 5.1 DTS HD-MA tracks sounds awesome....I can (naturally) wholeheartedly recommend you my set up for you to consider:
Asus Xonar Essence ST/X (pretty much the pinnacle commercial audio card aimed squarely at audio quality that you can get - amazing!)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (bass heavy, clampy but comfy, bright and open backed, mids apparently sucked out but I can't tell - very wide sounding, plenty of depth, incredibly detailed and surrounding.)
I also have a Fiio E7 which is awesome for portable use but for home use what I've listed there is pretty much all you'll need if you're in a similar boat to me. Absolutely engaging. Nothing lacking to my ear. Just glorious audio. It will run you about £230 if you're in the UK, but you do get what you pay for overall. That's why the PS3 is a fair bit more expensive than an Xbox 360 ;). All you might need though is an extra 6.5mm screw on adapter and rca to 3.5mm jack for your line in cable linking your PS3 audio cables to your Essence audio card. But they're irrelevant as dirt cheap on ebay. Then once you're all set up, glorious HD Master Audio upscaled to 24bit/192khz PS3 anything done by the card after the fact well that's just a match made in heaven for me and is everything I was looking for. It didn't cost me a kidney either lol.post #19 of 193/6/11 at 3:41pm
I'm telling ya bro, HFI-580 or the HD555's for gaming. the DT770's sound nice but have a tiny sound stage and are about on-par with the HFI-580's as far as bass go's but they extend a bit deeper.
- Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The decline of the forum signature 45 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 50 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › 2016 LCDX vs 2016 LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Thinking of going back to CD's ... Am I nuts? 2 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...