Negative, I want to be able to use my Audigy 2 ZS cards using kX Audio drivers or else I had gotten a Xonar Essence ST/X card long time ago.
- productAudio Technica ATH-A700 Headphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productAudio Technica ATH-AD700tagged by System, 3/3/11
- productBeyerdynamic MMX 300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphonetagged by System, 3/3/11
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 3/3/11
- productLogitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Soundtagged by System, 3/3/11
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 3/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1 Added) Last post on Today at 8:13 pm in Video Games Discussion
- Narrowing down my choices! Last post on 8/18/11 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best circumaural headphones at the $200 price point? Last post on 6/13/12 at 12:17am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a quick and dirty look at the YHC S600, yet another outstanding hyper-budget earphone worthy of consideration. What the S600 brings to the...
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 193/3/11 at 5:41pm
I recommend the OP to check out MLE's thread on gaming headphonespost #18 of 193/3/11 at 6:16pm
I don't have that much experience with gaming headsets nor audiophile headphones....but I used to have a cheap vibration headset many moons ago, I have sampled my brother's gaming headset (Turtle Beach PX 21 I think they're called) and I have my current set up which is an audiophile headphone.
I'm also in an extremely similar boat to you - PS3 play for enjoyment as opposed to competition mostly & blu ray watching. If your PS3 is close to your PC, and I presume it is if you're considering Xonar brands, I can tell you my set up when I'm gaming on PS3 and watching blu ray's especially with the 5.1 DTS HD-MA tracks sounds awesome....I can (naturally) wholeheartedly recommend you my set up for you to consider:
Asus Xonar Essence ST/X (pretty much the pinnacle commercial audio card aimed squarely at audio quality that you can get - amazing!)
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (bass heavy, clampy but comfy, bright and open backed, mids apparently sucked out but I can't tell - very wide sounding, plenty of depth, incredibly detailed and surrounding.)
I also have a Fiio E7 which is awesome for portable use but for home use what I've listed there is pretty much all you'll need if you're in a similar boat to me. Absolutely engaging. Nothing lacking to my ear. Just glorious audio. It will run you about £230 if you're in the UK, but you do get what you pay for overall. That's why the PS3 is a fair bit more expensive than an Xbox 360 ;). All you might need though is an extra 6.5mm screw on adapter and rca to 3.5mm jack for your line in cable linking your PS3 audio cables to your Essence audio card. But they're irrelevant as dirt cheap on ebay. Then once you're all set up, glorious HD Master Audio upscaled to 24bit/192khz PS3 anything done by the card after the fact well that's just a match made in heaven for me and is everything I was looking for. It didn't cost me a kidney either lol.post #19 of 193/6/11 at 3:41pm
I'm telling ya bro, HFI-580 or the HD555's for gaming. the DT770's sound nice but have a tiny sound stage and are about on-par with the HFI-580's as far as bass go's but they extend a bit deeper.
- Audiophile vs 'Gaming' headphones
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › OPPO PM-3 Portable Planar Magnetic Headphones Loaner Program 1 minute ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 4 minutes ago
- › Cardas A8 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 4 minutes ago
- › LG G5 b&o module 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...