Are there any products out there for this? it seems like all the good IEMs arn't compatible with the ipod. Any help would be greatly appriciated. And can you recomend Some IEMs for under $100USD I dont care for bass I like to listen to soft music but I also like to listen to rap/hiphop so bass that kicks in when its needed is great. Thanks alot
Related Forum Threads
- My earphones broke, and now I don't know any current models. Please help me find a new set. Last post on 8/18/11 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Customs for RE0's Last post on 7/26/10 at 3:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE252 takes the best from ER-4S and RE0 Last post on 9/26/10 at 2:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Durable IEM for Classical Under 100 Last post on 11/26/12 at 12:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
How to get 5.5mm Jack into ipod 3.5mm input?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's a quarter inch jack. That's the standard full-size headphone jack.
I've never really seen IEMs that don't use the 3.5mm jack since that's the standard for portable devices, which IEMs tend to consider themselves. High-end full-size headphones definitely use the quarter inch jack, but not IEMs.
Any really high-end IEMs (like customs) can probably be made with quarter inch jacks if you ask, but I don't think it's standard on any of them.
- How to get 5.5mm Jack into ipod 3.5mm input?
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Glove Audio A1 jacket DAC Amp for AK120 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › NHT Superone, fully restored, like new 5 minutes ago
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)