My board is completed but not quite working. Green / red LED works as expected and I started the trouble shooting, but it's late and I have to work tomorrow! :) Which tube pin is TB+?
- Measure between OG and SG. This should be very close to 12V. If it's not there might be a problem with the TLE2426 or with one of the devices in the rail splitter.
- If the OG measurment is good, measure OL and OR. They should also be very close to the voltage at OG. If they are the buffers and splitter are working.
- Set the heater switch for the heater voltage of the tube you want to insert. (no switch, 12.6 volts for 12AU7 tube)
- Insert the tube and turn on the amp again.
- Look for smoke. If there isn't any then . .
no smoke :)
- Measure TB+. It should be between 95V and 105V.
what is tb+?
- If TB+ is ok, measure pins 1 and 6 of the tube socket. These should be approximately 80V. If they are, and if the previous measurments are correct, then your amp is ready to go.
78 volts at pins 1 and 6 measured against SG.
Any thoughts? I'm 100% sure that diodes are oriented correctly. I'm off to try a different tube.