Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Creative X-fi Titanium --> little dot1+ --> Grado 325is
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Creative X-fi Titanium --> little dot1+ --> Grado 325is

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 

How do you think would be the best way to go from the sound card to the little dot? Right now I have the grado's direct into the headphone out on the back of the card, and the little dot in incoming. The lack of a line-out kinda sucks. So what would the best bet be? Keep the volume low as hell or half way? I would eventually like to get an external DAC and just run optical out, but that is going to be a way away after dropping ~700 on headphone crap this month alone.

post #2 of 14

No line-out?  Are you sure?

post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

No line-out?  Are you sure?



Like 99.9%, yeah.

post #4 of 14

Which Titanium do you have?

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_X-Fi

post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanz View Post

Which Titanium do you have?

 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_X-Fi



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102024

 

That is what is in my main PC. I also have a creative audigy 2 zs platinum pro with the box floating around. But that is like 6 years old.

post #6 of 14

The green jack should be the line-out, no?

Then you set your software volume to max then just use the Little Dot's volume control instead.

post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

The green jack should be the line-out, no?

Then you set your software volume to max then just use the Little Dot's volume control instead.



Nope, that is headphone level out.

post #8 of 14

What are all the other jacks, then?

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

What are all the other jacks, then?



Surround sound and the blue on is either microphone or line level IN depending on how you set the drivers.

post #10 of 14

Use the green one then.  Should be fine.

post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

Use the green one then.  Should be fine.


 

I figure I am going to have to. I just wonder about the sound quality.

post #12 of 14

The X-fi xtreme gamer I used to have had an HP-out that connected internally to the front of my computer.  Circuit-wise, it was almost the same as the "line-out", but had much lower noise floor.  Much, much lower.

It shouldn't be bad, quality-wise.

post #13 of 14

the green jack is line-out and headphone out because it has a high current operational amplifier on it, but the rest of the output jacks are only line-out. if you want to listen in stereo mode and want to be able to plug in several equipments like a headphone, an amp, another amp, simultaneously in the audio card, check my thread about how to copy stereo to all jacks.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541806/for-all-the-ppl-out-there-with-a-surround-creative-x-fi

post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvitm View Post

the green jack is line-out and headphone out because it has a high current operational amplifier on it, but the rest of the output jacks are only line-out. if you want to listen in stereo mode and want to be able to plug in several equipments like a headphone, an amp, another amp, simultaneously in the audio card, check my thread about how to copy stereo to all jacks.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541806/for-all-the-ppl-out-there-with-a-surround-creative-x-fi


First of all +1 for that. DO you think that would result in better sound quality vs the headphone line out?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Creative X-fi Titanium --> little dot1+ --> Grado 325is