- 2 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hello and Thank You Last post on 7/25/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy the ATH M50 or M50s for running/working out? Last post on 7/18/11 at 7:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Aesthetic vs sound quality Last post on 4/27/11 at 9:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
The short and simple of it is this is the best DAP for the price I have owned. I have used all the main stream players, (IPods, Zune, Creative Zen Player, etc) and I will never go back. Besides the...
ATH-M50 Open Mod - Page 4post #46 of 5710/10/12 at 11:20pmWhere did you get/buy your steel mesh speaker grill to cover the hole?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 5710/11/12 at 10:19amQuote:
It's not speaker grille; speaker grille is far too stiff to work with. You can buy simple steel mesh in sheets off of amazon's industrial category. You need to get thin mesh; if it's thick you won't be able to do anything with it. You'll need shears to cut it.
You can also make your own using wire that you have lying around. This is harder though, so keep that in mind.post #48 of 5710/11/12 at 10:35ampost #49 of 5710/11/12 at 11:37amQuote:
That works too, LOL.
Edited by takato14 - 8/28/13 at 9:03pmpost #50 of 5710/11/12 at 3:40pmpost #51 of 5710/11/12 at 3:48pmpost #52 of 5710/11/12 at 10:54pmpost #53 of 5710/12/12 at 10:03am
The plastic on the inside of the brushed aluminum ring should be cut away. Put the mesh inside. I haven't worked with the M50 so I don't know the size of the insides.post #54 of 571/2/13 at 1:48pmpost #55 of 574/27/13 at 9:56pm
Bump. Can either the OP or new guy with the silver grills post some pictures of how they did it? It would be a great contribution to the community! (Hopefully you have pictures, and don't have to disassemble the headphone again :( )post #56 of 574/29/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Hi, I'm one of the original guys who did this mod.
Actually, you can find some very fine meshes within kitchen utensils. -> the one I used was a a flat mesh you cover your pans with to prevent the hot grease from spitting everywhere.
As I am not a native speaker, I don't have a clue how to call this thingy~
As for a tutorial:
Step 1: get some tools, preferably a Powertool/Dremel
Step 2: work
Step 3: your done :D
seriously, don't take this personal guys, but I don't get you, like at all :D
-Just take the headphones apart, then route through the center of he cup until you almost touch the "metal-ring". beware, you'll slice through this ring like butter.
-Remove the ring, it's just glued in.
-file the last few mm by hand and make it look tidy.
-insert the mesh with glue onto where you have taken out "the ring"
-glue it in place and reassemble the cups.
oh, and you might wanna dampen some part of the inner cups, because you should take out the white flat dampening.
But the driver itself is a bit dampened on its own and they are quite sturdy and open -> ressonances shouldn't be worse then on a K701 (hahaha, seriously... they are just plastic)
sorry, I didn't responde until now... I kinda dislike head-fi due to thei Censoring and hyping everythig they get sponsored by. Also, all the Voodoo and Cable-Cult. And... Grado (Seriously they all are horrid, except for the JoeGrado HP1k which got discontinued.
If anyone doesn't feel like he/she is able to perform this mod,
I still have a pair of modded cups which are looking for a new owner
-> PM, I don't want much, but beware, I'm shipping from Sauerkrautland (Ger).
- ATH-M50 Open Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › superb way to watch Hours is online 16 seconds ago
- › Office headphones: SRH440, Q460, HD280 Pro or others 32 seconds ago
- › M50s overrated? 36 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Best amp for Sennheiser HD 650? 1 minute ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 2 minutes ago
- › CD vs Turntable , whats better with a small budget 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe