- 2 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones to keep in a time capsule Last post on 12/20/11 at 5:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ATH-M50 achieved, time for good IEM's Last post on 8/8/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hello and Thank You Last post on 7/25/11 at 9:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Should I buy the ATH M50 or M50s for running/working out? Last post on 7/18/11 at 7:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Aesthetic vs sound quality Last post on 4/27/11 at 9:38pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
ATH-M50 Open Mod - Page 4post #46 of 5710/10/12 at 11:20pmWhere did you get/buy your steel mesh speaker grill to cover the hole?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 5710/11/12 at 10:19amQuote:
It's not speaker grille; speaker grille is far too stiff to work with. You can buy simple steel mesh in sheets off of amazon's industrial category. You need to get thin mesh; if it's thick you won't be able to do anything with it. You'll need shears to cut it.
You can also make your own using wire that you have lying around. This is harder though, so keep that in mind.post #48 of 5710/11/12 at 10:35ampost #49 of 5710/11/12 at 11:37amQuote:
That works too, LOL.
Edited by takato14 - 8/28/13 at 9:03pmpost #50 of 5710/11/12 at 3:40pmpost #51 of 5710/11/12 at 3:48pmpost #52 of 5710/11/12 at 10:54pmpost #53 of 5710/12/12 at 10:03am
The plastic on the inside of the brushed aluminum ring should be cut away. Put the mesh inside. I haven't worked with the M50 so I don't know the size of the insides.post #54 of 571/2/13 at 1:48pmpost #55 of 574/27/13 at 9:56pm
Bump. Can either the OP or new guy with the silver grills post some pictures of how they did it? It would be a great contribution to the community! (Hopefully you have pictures, and don't have to disassemble the headphone again :( )post #56 of 574/29/13 at 10:37amQuote:
Hi, I'm one of the original guys who did this mod.
Actually, you can find some very fine meshes within kitchen utensils. -> the one I used was a a flat mesh you cover your pans with to prevent the hot grease from spitting everywhere.
As I am not a native speaker, I don't have a clue how to call this thingy~
As for a tutorial:
Step 1: get some tools, preferably a Powertool/Dremel
Step 2: work
Step 3: your done :D
seriously, don't take this personal guys, but I don't get you, like at all :D
-Just take the headphones apart, then route through the center of he cup until you almost touch the "metal-ring". beware, you'll slice through this ring like butter.
-Remove the ring, it's just glued in.
-file the last few mm by hand and make it look tidy.
-insert the mesh with glue onto where you have taken out "the ring"
-glue it in place and reassemble the cups.
oh, and you might wanna dampen some part of the inner cups, because you should take out the white flat dampening.
But the driver itself is a bit dampened on its own and they are quite sturdy and open -> ressonances shouldn't be worse then on a K701 (hahaha, seriously... they are just plastic)
sorry, I didn't responde until now... I kinda dislike head-fi due to thei Censoring and hyping everythig they get sponsored by. Also, all the Voodoo and Cable-Cult. And... Grado (Seriously they all are horrid, except for the JoeGrado HP1k which got discontinued.
If anyone doesn't feel like he/she is able to perform this mod,
I still have a pair of modded cups which are looking for a new owner
-> PM, I don't want much, but beware, I'm shipping from Sauerkrautland (Ger).
- ATH-M50 Open Mod
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic is looking for testers who want to check-out our new... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 6 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude