Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Just to get a feel as to who's in this community... - Page 6

post #76 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by bong View Post



Heh... I had that sig for years! As for my students, they make fun of my middle name all the time. smily_headphones1.gif  It's when they're hitting the bong (the thing, not me... well, if they hit me too), I need to expel them off campus.
 

 


party foul!! i imagine youre not the most popular guy on campus.

 

post #77 of 164

Retired three and a half years ago at age 60 from electrical contracting business.  Sold out in 2007 just before the economy went south.  Constructed large industrial projects and heavy commercial projects across the US and Puerto Rico, spanning a 30 year history.  I am extremely pleased to finally have total ownership of my time.  That is the best part of being retired.


Edited by jdandy - 3/18/11 at 8:07am
post #78 of 164

24 year old consultant with a dad in the audio business, off to law school in the fall. Love these forums, but have been less active than I used to be, as reddit has slowly taken over my life.

post #79 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuahogary View Post

I'm a medical student. Anyone else here one? smile.gif


I used to be.

Now I'm a physician.

 

How's it going for you?

Got a focus yet?

 

Tip:

If you want to stay sane, and continue to like people, DON'T go into emergency medicine.

I pretty much hate EVERYBODY now, until they can prove that they are worthy of better.......

blink.gif

 

 

 

 

 

post #80 of 164

Cool, nice to see another fellow medic. Thing's are going alright, it's not the most exciting course...yet. No focus on anything atm, I'm only second year but I hope to find something interesting for me soon.

 

Question: If I already hate people now, should I go into emergency medicine? ....lol jks!! biggrin.gif

 

 

post #81 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuahogary View Post

Cool, nice to see another fellow medic. Thing's are going alright, it's not the most exciting course...yet. No focus on anything atm, I'm only second year but I hope to find something interesting for me soon.

 

Question: If I already hate people now, should I go into emergency medicine? ....lol jks!! biggrin.gif

 

 

 

nah.

Go into Orthopaedic surgery; you'll get to use  power drills and saws on them.  very_evil_smiley.gif

Emergency Medicine gives them too much chance to just randomly shoot you.

 

I just find myself wistfully looking back and wishing I'd chosen Radiology....which basically means you sit in a dark room looking at pictures, good chance you can listen to your music as much as you want, choose your own hours for it, and get paid fairly well,malpractice insurance is pretty cheap for that field.

And, as a bonus, they usually put the Film Reading Room in some out of the way location that's massively unlikely to ever be discovered by the random shooter population......
 

 

post #82 of 164

lol you guys are too funny but thansk for what you do!

post #83 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by debitsohn View Post

party foul!! i imagine youre not the most popular guy on campus.

LOL... I break up parties, just like I break hearts. biggrin.gif

But seriously, I'm usually really cool with the students. It's just when they violate University and public laws and policies, I'm forced into a position where I have to do my job. I tell them it's not about me or them, but rules are rules.
 

 

post #84 of 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogMeat View Post



 

nah.

Go into Orthopaedic surgery; you'll get to use  power drills and saws on them.  very_evil_smiley.gif

Emergency Medicine gives them too much chance to just randomly shoot you.


I have an acquaintance that I met while I was editing Wikpedia under a different screen-name than what I use there now.

I think he was the "smartest person I've ever not met," in terms of being incredibly intellectually eclectic. He edited the same "intelligence community" articles that I did, but he was also an Internet and medical genius. I told him I was having acute (as in life-threatening) health problems that were a direct result of incredibly bad orthopedic surgeons. Being on the mend from recent open-heart surgery, he sent me an e-mail joke about four years ago to try to cheer my needlessly wheelchair-bound self up a little. Here is the relevant excerpt:

Finding good orthopedists is a challenge. You are aware, I trust, of the four physicians that went duck hunting? The first, a family practitioner, muttered “look like ducks, fly like ducks, sound like ducks. Must be ducks.” He fired and missed. Next in line was a neurologist, who saw the next flock, and then said, "rule out pterodactyls. rule out whooping cranes. rule out alien vehicles...” but they were gone before he had finished his differential diagnosis.

The next in line was an orthopod. You could tell, because he had the biggest gun. Specks on the horizon, up comes his shotgun...BANGBANGBANGBANG, and feathers and birdburger float down. He turned to the next doctor in line, a pathologist, and said “You. Go tell me what I just shot.”




Answer to the riddle the joke poses? Harry Whittington. Google him.
Edited by attenuated 3db - 3/9/11 at 1:45pm
post #85 of 164

HVAC/Family home health care business/writer.

 

 

post #86 of 164

seems like we are a very educated community :O

I wonder what the mods does for living

post #87 of 164


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

seems like we are a very educated community :O

I wonder what the mods does for living


I wonder as well. Modding is supposedly volunteering so it could't be that. I think I saw Auntie Eric, post a while back. biggrin.gif

 

post #88 of 164

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by attenuated 3db View Post


I have an acquaintance that I met while I was editing Wikpedia under a different screen-name than what I use there now.

I think he was the "smartest person I've ever not met," in terms of being incredibly intellectually eclectic. He edited the same "intelligence community" articles that I did, but he was also an Internet and medical genius. I told him I was having acute (as in life-threatening) health problems that were a direct result of incredibly bad orthopedic surgeons. Being on the mend from recent open-heart surgery, he sent me an e-mail joke about four years ago to try to cheer my needlessly wheelchair-bound self up a little. Here is the relevant excerpt:

Finding good orthopedists is a challenge. You are aware, I trust, of the four physicians that went duck hunting? The first, a family practitioner, muttered “look like ducks, fly like ducks, sound like ducks. Must be ducks.” He fired and missed. Next in line was a neurologist, who saw the next flock, and then said, "rule out pterodactyls. rule out whooping cranes. rule out alien vehicles...” but they were gone before he had finished his differential diagnosis.

The next in line was an orthopod. You could tell, because he had the biggest gun. Specks on the horizon, up comes his shotgun...BANGBANGBANGBANG, and feathers and birdburger float down. He turned to the next doctor in line, a pathologist, and said “You. Go tell me what I just shot.”




Answer to the riddle the joke poses? Harry Whittington. Google him.


So sorry to hear about your surgery. That's the thing about being a medic, make one mistake and I might ruin a person's life forever frown.gif and it's not as simple as black or white either.

 

How are you now? Not sure where you're from but over here in UK, the NHS does a good job of continuously looking after patients that have acute problems like yours.

 

post #89 of 164

^ Funny Joke. 

 

Hope all goes well.

post #90 of 164
Im amazed to see the lack of designers, animators, artists.
I run a 3d animation and vfx company, so that makes me something like a executive producer/ceo.
Our core business is character animation for tv spots.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Just to get a feel as to who's in this community...