Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions? - Page 141

post #2101 of 2389

      Quote:

Originally Posted by WNBC View Post

What if hello was at the end?  wink.gif

Exactly!very_evil_smiley.gif



 

 

post #2102 of 2389

Touche, well-played bigsmile_face.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK_sends View Post

      Quote:

Exactly!very_evil_smiley.gif



 

post #2103 of 2389

Tried both with and without socketsavers. They were an obvious source of error - but it seems they're legit and not the source of this (but who knows). I'm shipping it back with the original tubes to see if there is any damage to them. 

 

Shipping with the Norwegian postal service is about 100 usd probably, which is far less than the big foreign companies. I have no idea why they would charge me over 300 usd to send it, but they do and I guess I'm just going to stay away from that :)

 

Jason was extremely helpful and even offered to send me another Lyr as soon as I sent him the tracking number for my defect Lyr. It's in tip top shape otherwise tho, so it can probably just be fixed and sent out to someone again. 

 

All in all I've just had a hit of bad luck (my streak is endless :D) but it'll all be ok in the end :) 

post #2104 of 2389
Does the Lyr pair up well with 600ohm Beyers? I know it has plenty of current for Orthos and the like, but I'm worried about voltage swing.
post #2105 of 2389

Cool, thats good customer service!!

 

Socket savers...oh boy....I have stayed silent on this one.

 

I would NEVER use them, never, never, never....

 

With all the anal rentitive folks here worried about things that can affect their sound....this is the last thing I would not ever use.

 

I understand what folks are trying to do...but the tubes are not that hard to take out.

 

Adding another set of mechanical junctions,etc...just isnt a good idea at all.

 

This amp is designed to take the heat, has a 5yr warrenty etc...

 

If you are a NOS tube swapper, I would think after a few months, weeks of swapping out what 10-20 times...that you would be back to listening to your music...and the swapping is over for the most part.

 

Happy New Year!

Alex

 

 

post #2106 of 2389

Mad...from Jason:

 

 

If you were going to stick with the Beyer 600 ohm headphones, we'd definitely have you look at Valhalla--it's an amazing match for those headphones.

But if you're looking at the LCD-2s in the future as well, Lyr is a do-all amp for both the Beyers and orthodynamics. Valhalla is a no-go with orthos. Asgard does a nice job with both 600 ohm Beyers and LCD-2s as well, but Lyr is definitely a step up.

All the best,

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder

 

Happy New Year

Alex

post #2107 of 2389

     Quote:

Originally Posted by adydula View Post

Cool, thats good customer service!!

 

Socket savers...oh boy....I have stayed silent on this one.

 

I would NEVER use them, never, never, never....

 

With all the anal rentitive folks here worried about things that can affect their sound....this is the last thing I would not ever use.

 

I understand what folks are trying to do...but the tubes are not that hard to take out.

 

Adding another set of mechanical junctions,etc...just isnt a good idea at all.

 

This amp is designed to take the heat, has a 5yr warrenty etc...

 

If you are a NOS tube swapper, I would think after a few months, weeks of swapping out what 10-20 times...that you would be back to listening to your music...and the swapping is over for the most part.

 

Happy New Year!

Alex

 

 

It depends on how many sets of tubes you rolled...then how many different types other folks introduced you to.wink_face.gif  I have had no problem with socket savers personally, but I have to admit they aren't really necessary, just convenient.  Truth is, when I go to pull the tubes, the savers come out with them anyway so I am pretty sure they arent saving anything.  They do however make it more convenient for the tube dampers I use (and those do affect the sound..in a good way).

 

All is IMHO and YMMV...

 

Cheers!beerchug.gif

-HK sends

 



 

 


Edited by HK_sends - 12/30/11 at 11:27am
post #2108 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

Does the Lyr pair up well with 600ohm Beyers? I know it has plenty of current for Orthos and the like, but I'm worried about voltage swing.


It'll drive them without breaking a sweat.

 

post #2109 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


It'll drive them without breaking a sweat.

 



I think he is concerned about the synergy

post #2110 of 2389
Quote:
Originally Posted by obazavil View Post



I think he is concerned about the synergy


Its quite good with my T1s FWIW.

 

post #2111 of 2389

Received my new Lyr just before the end of the year (hey, that rhymes,, I guess I do that at times..) and noticed it didn't come with an RCA cable (mentioned in passing in the "owners manual" and referred to in previous posts).  Did they quit including this or just left it out of mine?

 

(Not that it really matters since it would be tossed aside for something a bit more resilient in any case) :)

post #2112 of 2389

They probably just forgot. It was just a Monoprice cable anyway.

post #2113 of 2389

Mine came with a RCA to mini cable but not a pair of RCA interconnects for attaching to a DAC.  Mine was purchased in April 2011 so maybe they've gone away from the RCA to mini in favor of the RCA interconnects.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaHawk View Post

Received my new Lyr just before the end of the year (hey, that rhymes,, I guess I do that at times..) and noticed it didn't come with an RCA cable (mentioned in passing in the "owners manual" and referred to in previous posts).  Did they quit including this or just left it out of mine?

 

(Not that it really matters since it would be tossed aside for something a bit more resilient in any case) :)



 

post #2114 of 2389

^That's what mine came with too. One RCA to 1/8" cable.

post #2115 of 2389
Thread Starter 
Schiit - Bifrost and Lyr
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr Shipping! Impressions?