or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AD700 vs Pro 900...?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AD700 vs Pro 900...? - Page 5

post #61 of 91

Its interesting that the AD700 rapidly gave way to the M50 as the definitive 'newbie' can recommendation on Head-Fi, and I put a lot of that down to the fact that the M50 (reportedly) has significantly more bass impact. As much as I enjoyed my ES7s, I wouldnt go back to the smaller cans over the AD900 - price differences aside, these are all good mid-fi choices.

post #62 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

Its interesting that the AD700 rapidly gave way to the M50 as the definitive 'newbie' can recommendation on Head-Fi, and I put a lot of that down to the fact that the M50 (reportedly) has significantly more bass impact. As much as I enjoyed my ES7s, I wouldnt go back to the smaller cans over the AD900 - price differences aside, these are all good mid-fi choices.

probably bass/size. i hated the m50s out the box but the AD700s were so lovely out the box i felt it blew my M50s away
 

 

post #63 of 91
Thread Starter 

Hey guys, let's not argue. Let's keep it cool in here. cool.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibutenma View Post

Pro 900's must be garbage then.

AD 700 is garbage fine for $40-50 but that's it.


Pro 900's are not garbage, and neither is the AD700. In fact both beat everything I've tried in the past, major ones including: DT880, DT990, HD650, K701, PS500, T50RP, D2000.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

It is really interesting to see a basshead(..I suppose you are?) loving the ad700..

 

Even being not consider myself a bass-centered listener, the lack of bass in ad700 really something that makes me Urgh.. But I do consider getting one from the ATH-AD line as my open cans, perhaps the ad2k/900(haven't listened to the 900 though..) though I won't do it before knowing what the ATH are releasing for their 50th anniversary..

As for the Ultrasones, my experience with ed8 was not really impressed. The soundstage presentation(S-Logic?) sounds somehow artificial to me, feels like it was doing somekind of frequency division/redirection and in fact some recordings do sound pretty weird on it. A generic cans with dolby headphone processing (much better if paired with a dolby decoder or equivalent like foobar fsurround plugin) or nicely done crossfeed sounds much more natural to me. Would like to try the pro900 but I do think the Ultrasones may not for everyone..


Yeah, I'm a basshead all right. That's what lead me to the Pro 900's. But I do find it funny myself I catch myself enjoying the AD700's bass.

In fact, there is a lot of soundtracks I listen to that the AD700's bass will absolutely slaughter the Pro 900's bass in quality in comparison with the rest of the music.

post #64 of 91

Katun:

 

     Let me start off by saying that I think you have some of the best reviews on this site, and I and many others I'm sure appreciate the effort! That being said...I think this review is bordering on the absurd. A lot of your preferences seem to fly in the face of a LOT of opinions around here, and I wonder if a lot of it is because of your semi-nonbelief of appropriate amping, which you've mentioned before. And probably your source as well-you're using a Cowan i-7?

 

     Some of the phones you've mentioned are NOTORIOUS for proper amplification, such as the K701, DT880/990, HD650 to name the biggest culprits. I'm sure your MKIII did fine with the Beyers, but probably not the AKGs. Also, I hope you gave both the K701s and Pro 900s at least 300 hours burn-in. Most of these phones also scale-up very well with not only improved amplification, but better dacs as well. 

 

     I think you'd be hard pressed to find very many people here that would prefer the AD700 to the phones I mentioned, assuming they were probably amped/sourced. It's borderline heresy, subjective opinions aside. I wonder if the VERY-easy to drive Audio Technica's are the only phone's that you tried that have been properly driven out of your DAP, which may help explain some things. Also, they wouldn't scale NEARLY as well as most of the other phones you have tried. I can't personally comment on the Ad900s, because I haven't heard them, but if they are just a refined AD700 I don't think could bring myself to pay even $100 for them, personally. I hesitate to say that however, being as the AD2K was hands-down the best headphone I have heard up until this point.

 

     The Pro 900 has been REPEATEDLY compared favorably to the likes of the hi-end Denons, and even the Edition 8 and 9 (in some areas anyway), and considered by most a steal at it's going rate of around $350-$400. To suggest an $80 'phone can even compete raises some eyebrows for sure, and I'm not the first in this thread to question this review, but mainy I am questioning your other equipment, I suppose.

 

     I hope none of this comes across as a personal attack or anything, I definitely do not intend that. I appreciate all of your reviews, but this one left me in shock, and thought I would let you know. devil_face.gif FWIW, I am using an AGD Reference 9, and various amps with my headphones, mainly the modded m-stage and AGD C-2 SA. 

 

 

-Daniel

    

post #65 of 91
Thread Starter 

Okay, first lets say I have a selection of the best amps in the world. I use them for my Pro 900 and my iAudio 7 for my AD700. Not even the best amps in the world will turn a closed Pro 900, into an open one, with huge soundstage and massive amounts of detail. Yes, maybe some other headphones I've had would improve significantly with a better amp, namely the HD650 and K701, but this is a thread about the Pro 900 vs AD700. Every single headphone I've had before the Pro 900 never even got compared to the AD700, because well, obviously the AD700 didn't stand a chance. Well, I found out I was wrong when I tested it out. We can say the Pro 900 has better bass, mids, treble, impact, energy, and detail, and then say the AD700 has better soundstage. Does that mean the Pro 900 is preferred due to it's obvious win? Well, no. I guess that goes to show that soundstage is hugely preferred for me. No, that's not all I want, but that's a huge factor. The AD700 wasn't only good in soundstage though, it was more upfront than the Pro 900. Those two aspects alone put me over the edge. No matter how good the Pro 900 is, it's closed, and it's sound was less preferred to the AD700's.

 

With the AD900, I won't even get started, because that is a much better headphone than the AD700.

 

But that just goes to say that every user on here will have their own preference to sound. Just imagine if every single user on here was granted $10,000 to spend on headphones and audio equipment only. Do you think every single user would end up with the HD800, T1, LCD-2, Edition 10, and such? Or do you think there would be a few liking something that costs *less* yet it has a sound they prefer more? Well, that's the case with me. I may not have the top of the line amp, but after my experience with mine, I don't *want* a top of the line amp. I'm going for value now, but my number one priority is still sound. Value + Excellent Sound, is it possible? Yeah, for me it is.

 

Don't worry, I didn't read it that way. I understand what you are trying to say. Many have thought that way toward me, but there really is nothing I can do. And luckily for you, you've read one of the most heated threads I've ever made. Why? Well, part of the reason is because an $80 entry headphone is not only competing, but is preferred to a $320+ one. In that case, I cannot wait until I review Bilavideo's SR60 and put it against an RS1i...

post #66 of 91



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

And luckily for you, you've read one of the most heated threads I've ever made. Why? Well, part of the reason is because an $80 entry headphone is not only competing, but is preferred to a $320+ one. In that case, I cannot wait until I review Bilavideo's SR60 and put it against an RS1i...

 

You seem to confuse your opinion with fact.  The AD700 is not a "competitor" with the Pro900 in anyone else's mind but yours.  They are totally different headphones, from both a design and sound signature perspective.  People didn't respond because of your "controversial" opinion, stating that a cheaper headphone can be "better" than a more expensive headphone (of course this can be true, and not just because opinion is subjective); people replied to your thread because your comparison was/is so meaningless. (edit: replaced the word stupid)

 

 

PS: Katun "I cannot wait until I review Bilavideo's SR60 and put it against an RS1i"-  Well I can. 

It would make more sense to get a perspective from someone who values the RS1i not from someone that already feels it is a waste of money. 

 


Edited by Kernmac - 3/23/11 at 7:54pm
post #67 of 91

I'm with Kernmac on this - totally different headphones, and it just doesnt make for a valid comparison unless someone was specifically trying to make a purchase decision between the two.

post #68 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac View Post

You seem to confuse your opinion with fact.  The AD700 is not a "competitor" with the Pro900 in anyone else's mind but yours.  They are totally different headphones, from both a design and sound signature perspective.  People didn't respond because of your "controversial" opinion, stating that a cheaper headphone can be "better" than a more expensive headphone (of course this can be true, and not just because opinion is subjective); people replied to your thread because your comparison was/is so meaningless. (edit: replaced the word stupid)

 

Hmm, let's see. My favorite headphone is the Pro 900. All of a sudden, I find a headphone I like more. Instead of just randomly selling the Pro 900 and not let anyone know why, I decided to throw in why I did it. And it came in the form of this thread. So this is nothing to get heated up about. I'm just saying what the sudden change was "for me". Because isn't this what Head-Fi is? Just a group of people that love audio and express their opinions, whether positive or negative? I'm not stating things as facts, you are choosing to see them as facts.

 

Yes they are different headphones, but you are making it seem like I'm comparing headphones to speakers or something. Why shouldn't I throw in a curve ball? Is there a law on Head-Fi that states you must compare like headphones? If there were, this place would be dull. Half the fun is when something out of the ordinary happens, such as a random comparison or surprising conclusion. It makes reviews, opinions, and threads interesting. And it's not like anything is set in stone here anyway. The reader decides what is valuable and what isn't.

 

And also just so you know, if I find a meaningless/stupid thread, I don't post there. It's as simple as that. So I'm not sure why your activity has been flaring here... (I thought you said you were done with this thread a page or so back?)

 

But really Kernmac, I didn't intend to come off harsh, but you really need to read half the stuff you wrote in this thread and think of it from my perspective. It was you that was attacking me, and all I did was suggest that I like the AD700 over the Pro 900. Half the tension in this thread has been created by your posts. (No, don't say I caused anything negative. It's the reader and reader alone that decides what bugs them and what's acceptable. It's their job to choose how they want to feel regardless of the situation, because they are the only ones that can control themselves. And they are the only ones that can decide if they want to create a problem, or just leave it be).

 

So please, just don't respond. I really don't care to hear what you have to say in this thread anymore. I've appreciated your advice in the past, but I think I'll pass now. Thanks. smile.gif


Edited by Katun - 3/23/11 at 11:41pm
post #69 of 91



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

(I thought you said you were done with this thread a page or so back?)

 

So please, just don't respond. I really don't care to hear what you have to say in this thread anymore. I've appreciated your advice in the past, but I think I'll pass now. Thanks. smile.gif



Wrong thread Katun, once again you struggle with fact.  I said goodbye to the silly thread the first time you claimed AD700/900 was a Pro900 killer, I think that was your Pro900 review.  If you want to keep saying the same thing but in another thread (this one), then expect people like me to challenge your thoughts.  I think if you review this thread you will be hard pressed to to suggest in a credible manner that I am responsible for half of the "tension" as I haven't posted until recently, and the only tension it seems to have caused is yours.  I think you over rate your importance, there is no negative tension here, I simply think that your statement

"Why? Well, part of the reason is because an $80 entry headphone is not only competing, but is preferred to a $320+ one." which is in reference to the AD700 and Pro900 is dumb.  

 

Just as you will express your opinion, I will post mine.  If we don't agree then so be it.  For the record I haven't offered you any advice in this thread, I simply think that your thoughts regarding the AD700 vs the Pro900 as being competitors, is meaningless and stupid.  You prefer the sound signature of Audio Technicas, that's fine (I quite like the AD900 myself) but I don't see the relevance in or agree with your statement above and that is what I am having a shot at.  If you don't like that, your problem.  The Mods are the only ones able to censure Headfiers opinions.

post #70 of 91

The Pro900 has a rather controversial sound and I can imagine people liking the AD700 over it. When I listened to the 900, I can't stand its mid character (a bit flat for me) and bassy sound. They are good in other things but the soundsig is just not for me. I prefer more liquid mids like the HD600/650. 

 

The AD700 is no slouch but I have owned that headphone three times and sold it after 3 weeks each time. I just can't live with its almost complete lack of low bass after a while. Wowed me initially but quickly grew out of it. Part of it is since I tend to use one headphone for all of my music. The M50 is IMO a better balanced headphone for music listening. I suggest the OP to try Stax for similar airy and spacious sound with a bit more bass than the AD700. A good low end Lambda model will be sufficient.

post #71 of 91


I don't have a problem with preference, that is simply an individual thing, some will prefer a more bass focused signature and others will not, etc.  Nothing wrong with writing about what one prefers, but when someone makes definitive statements that imply a headphone is the best thing since slice bread (Pro900 Review thread) and then less than a week after posting that enlightenment, jumps to an AD700 and uses words like "absolutely slaughtered" the Pro900- I think I am entitled to question the credibility of the poster's view point.  If Katun simply stated that he prefers the sound stage of the AD700 over the Pro900 or the more high/treble sound signature then that is a valid opinion and perhaps a valuable comparison for others as a point of reference, but using words like competes with and slaughters are asking for people to question the statements.

 

The OP gives no insight whatsoever, no comparison of anything except that in Katun's opinion the AD700 has the advantage over the Pro900, and in fact slaughters it.  What does that even mean, the AD700 beat the Pro900 in a knife fight?  How did it slaughter the Black Ultrasone?  In bass reproduction, clarity, or did it simply "slaughter it" from a sound signature preference perspective.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katun View Post

 

Don't worry, everything I mentioned in my Pro 900 review still stands, and I take nothing back. It's a fantastic headphone, with phenomenal bass. But the AD700 consistently does a better job with impressing me musically. During my test, I had approximately fifteen songs with various genres. A few ended up as tie, or a toss up between the two. The Pro 900 had the advantage on two. The AD700 had the advantage on five or six. And the AD700 absolutely slaughtered on two. Overall, I was just blown away by how well the the AD700 did against my favorite headphone. Something I had this long and I underestimated this much, came back and shocked me at what it could do.

 

The only logical thing was to upgrade to the AD900. An all around upgrade to the AD700. After burn in, I'll do the same testings I did with the Pro 900 vs AD700, except it will be the AD700 vs AD900. If the AD900 does as well or better than the AD700 did against the Pro 900, it will without a doubt, be my absolute favorite headphone. One I'll be keeping indefinitely.


 

"Don't worry......?"  Why would anyone worry about Katun changing his mind about the Pro900, would that somehow affect how I or anyone else view the sound of Pro900?  Funny statement.
 

 


Edited by Kernmac - 3/24/11 at 3:10am
post #72 of 91
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac View Post


Wrong thread Katun, once again you struggle with fact.  I said goodbye to the silly thread the first time you claimed AD700/900 was a Pro900 killer, I think that was your Pro900 review.  If you want to keep saying the same thing but in another thread (this one), then expect people like me to challenge your thoughts.  I think if you review this thread you will be hard pressed to to suggest in a credible manner that I am responsible for half of the "tension" as I haven't posted until recently, and the only tension it seems to have caused is yours.  I think you over rate your importance, there is no negative tension here, I simply think that your statement

"Why? Well, part of the reason is because an $80 entry headphone is not only competing, but is preferred to a $320+ one." which is in reference to the AD700 and Pro900 is dumb.  

 

Just as you will express your opinion, I will post mine.  If we don't agree then so be it.  For the record I haven't offered you any advice in this thread, I simply think that your thoughts regarding the AD700 vs the Pro900 as being competitors, is meaningless and stupid.  You prefer the sound signature of Audio Technicas, that's fine (I quite like the AD900 myself) but I don't see the relevance in or agree with your statement above and that is what I am having a shot at.  If you don't like that, your problem.  The Mods are the only ones able to censure Headfiers opinions.

 

Excuse me, my mistake. It was my other thread you were causing problems in. I just remembered it was due to the AD700 vs Pro 900. Something about that you really didn't like.

 

Agreed, I'll be happy to hear each and every opinion you throw at me, but then you'll hear all of mine. Even if I say the AD700 purely outclasses the Pro 900 in more than one regard.

 

You're right, you haven't given me advice on this thread. But you PM'ed me awhile back with advice that I found helpful about a mod. If you don't remember, check and see for yourself.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac View Post

I don't have a problem with preference, that is simply an individual thing, some will prefer a more bass focused signature and others will not, etc.  Nothing wrong with writing about what one prefers, but when someone makes definitive statements that imply a headphone is the best thing since slice bread (Pro900 Review thread) and then less than a week after posting that enlightenment, jumps to an AD700 and uses words like "absolutely slaughtered" the Pro900- I think I am entitled to question the credibility of the poster's view point.  If Katun simply stated that he prefers the sound stage of the AD700 over the Pro900 or the more high/treble sound signature then that is a valid opinion and perhaps a valuable comparison for others as a point of reference, but using words like competes with and slaughters are asking for people to question the statements.

 

The OP gives no insight whatsoever, no comparison of anything except that in Katun's opinion the AD700 has the advantage over the Pro900, and in fact slaughters it.  What does that even mean, the AD700 beat the Pro900 in a knife fight?  How did it slaughter the Black Ultrasone?  In bass reproduction, clarity, or did it simply "slaughter it" from a sound signature preference perspective.

 

"Don't worry......?"  Why would anyone worry about Katun changing his mind about the Pro900, would that somehow affect how I or anyone else view the sound of Pro900?  Funny statement.

 

I can say the Pro 900 was the best thing since sliced bread all I want and then suddenly change to a completely different headphone. You seem to fail to realize that nothing anyone says should be taken into fact, because we're a community based on thoughts and opinions. I thought you would know that by know, you seem pretty knowledgeable. I can glorify and glamorize anything I want, and suggest that nothing can come close, but any smart person can instantly figure out that that is all strictly my preference.

 

Regarding the words "absolutely slaughtered", may be a bit too much for Pro 900 fanboys to hear. But I was one myself. My headphones don't own me, I own them. So if I love one headphone one day, and dislike it the next, who cares? But I stand corrected about some songs the AD700 "absolutely slaughtered" the Pro 900 in. Would you like an example? Say a piece heavily focused on low end orchestra, later to sweep away in a wave a violins. The Pro 900's bass makes the low end orchestra sound like a constant hum, that simply overpowers everything else in the music. Once the violins hit, it's metallic highs render it unlistenable. Not to mention a soundstage that sounds claustrophobic. Now the AD700 puts the bass in line, makes the highs not fatiguing, and wraps you in it's huge soundstage. Listening between the two, it was no doubt the AD700 sounded far superior. It had more clarity, more separation (Pro 900's bass covered some of its separation), more of a 3D sound, and it wasn't fatiguing in the bass or the treble. Overall, it was just a heck of lot better to listen to.

 

What, did you think the AD700 slaughtered in electronica or something? Heh, that would never happen. rolleyes.gif

 

Hmm, now I don't know why your quoting me on stuff pages ago, it seems like you just have to pick apart something I've said. It's okay, have at it. It seems you do that best... wink.gif


Edited by Katun - 3/24/11 at 8:56am
post #73 of 91

Quote: Katun

 

"Excuse me, my mistake. It was my other thread you were causing problems in. I just remembered it was due to the AD700 vs Pro 900. Something about that you really didn't like.

 

Agreed, I'll be happy to hear each and every opinion you throw at me, but then you'll hear all of mine. Even if I say the AD700 purely outclasses the Pro 900 in more than one regard.

 

You're right, you haven't given me advice on this thread. But you PM'ed me awhile back with advice that I found helpful about a mod. If you don't remember, check and see for yourself."
 

 

Reply: Kernmac

 

Yes it was your mistake.

Something I didn’t like?  I think blind Freddy can see that I simply don’t agree with you regarding the AD700s ability to “slaughter” the Pro900.

 

You seem to think that if people don’t agree with you they are causing problems.

You stated earlier that I am “responsible” for half the tension in this thread and now that we have established that is false (your mistake) then whom are you blaming for causing trouble in this thread?  Other people that don’t agree with you maybe?

 

I am not a Pro900 Fanboy, (but you can call me what you like, as if that matters) nor am I influenced by your opinion of them, I just think some of your statements are strange and I choose to challenge them.  If you think the AD700 “slaughters” the Pro900 then I disagree and I think most people that have heard both will agree with me that they are very different headphones and comments like “slaughtered” by the AD700 are simply silly.  You can prefer the AD700 to anything, that is your subjective opinion; but from a technical perspective I don’t agree that the AD7000 slaughters the Pro900, and I think that some of your statements are not credible.  If you post it, then you can expect to receive replies that don’t agree with yours.  If you don’t like that, then don’t post.

 

Only “advice” I have given you is a return PM from your request.  It doesn’t affect me if you value my opinion take my advice, or not.  I have read your opinion, understanding someone and agreeing with them are totally different.  I take advice from people I perceive have credible experience/knowledge, not simply from people that post often, change their mind more frequently than someone changes their socks and think they are knowledgeable.

 

Have a look at your AD700 comments in regards to the Pro900 and then have a look at your below quote regarding the Pro900.  And then ask yourself the question “does your view appear credible?”  Headfiers will make up their own minds.

 

Quote: Katun

Wrapping up the review, I believe the Pro 900 is simply one of the best closed headphones money can buy. It has an incredibly versatile sound, with excellent dynamics, and of course its signature legendary bass; which just has to be heard to be believed and even understood. On top of its spectacular sound, is also its excellent build quality and better-than-average comfort. All of this makes the Ultrasone Pro 900 nearly too irresistible to pass up, especially if you favor the bottom end of the sound spectrum, in which the Pro 900 excels in more than any other headphone I've ever heard.

Albeit, it is slaughtered by the AD700 -Very credible IMO?

 


Edited by Kernmac - 3/24/11 at 2:27pm
post #74 of 91

I have been following this thread as well as Katun's other threads including the PRO 900 review, from post 1 to the very last post.

I, too, was confused at first, when I saw Katun comparing PRO 900/AD700/AD900 in the same thread because as a bass lover, I thought PRO 900 was as good as they can get in regard to clean, punchy and plentiful bass in closed phones, and was really curious what he was coming up with. Then I saw a flurry of complaints and criticisms that followed from some of the members. I get that some people take things more seriously than others, and he did use words that were a bit extreme (or confusing) to some. But, I believe Katun had conceded that the idea of comparing two completely different phones was perhaps not the best way to go about reviewing headphones. I filter what I read and hear. I form my own opinions after processing other people's opinions. I tend to find people who love bass and pay more attention to their review of headphones than 'true' audiophiles who prefer completely flat sound, no matter how many phones they listened to because what I seek is more in line with the bass lovers.

 

Recently, I have been seeing funny posts something in line of "a noob audiophile [1] looking for an audiophile headphones under $100." Yes, it's funny to see something like that but I am not going to tell the person "You're not a audiophile, noob! Go learn to crawl before you start running!" I am going to tell the person the basics of what's involved in pleasure listening. Some people think audiophile is a badge that must be earned through years of listening and trying out high end equipments. I don't think this is a requirement but merely a process to hone your listening ability and to find what you consider to be your final destination (if there's such thing). Btw, I am nowhere close to being an audiophile nor do I want to be called one.

 

If I find a stupid post, I go in and reply with what I think is more useful and correct in my view. If the OP agrees, great, I must know something. If the OP says otherwise and give me a credible explanation then he must know something more than me. If the OP says I am right and the hell with your opinion, fine, you got your views and I got mine.

 

I also noticed that certain members don't seem to like 'young ones' coming into the forum and taint the holy audiophile water. Well, guess what, that's what a forum [2] is all about, to have conversations and share ideas no matter stupid they sound to some.

 

OP has been challenged and criticized by many re: what he wrote about PRO 900 and AD700 in his other threads. I say just let sleeping dogs lie.

 

Sorry for the long post!

 

From Wikepedia

[1] Audiophile - An audiophile is a hobbyist who seeks high-quality audio reproduction via the use of specialized high-end audio electronics.

[2] Forum - An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.


Edited by Dougeefresh - 3/24/11 at 3:47pm
post #75 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougeefresh View Post

 

I also noticed that certain members don't seem to like 'young ones' coming into the forum and taint the holy audiophile water. Well, guess what, that's what a forum [2] is all about, to have conversations and share ideas no matter stupid they sound to some.

 

OP has been challenged and criticized by many re: what he wrote about PRO 900 and AD700 in his other threads. I say just let sleeping dogs lie.

 

The title of this thread       is "AD700 beat my Pro900? No way!"  The OP is writing about the AD700 and Pro900 in this thread.  The OP stated that the AD700 slaughtered the Pro900 in this thread, so where are coming from with this, let sleeping dogs lie?  It is a forum where people can post their views, so why can't people post views disagreeing with the OP?  Why does that make them trouble makers?  If people want everyone to nod and agree with every OP post regardless of how stupid it may seem then that would be pointless IMO.  If I think a statement is stupid, then I have every right to say so, just as the OP has the right to make it.

For the record, I don't consider myself an Audiophile (it is just a word-means nothing) and I have no problem with new forum members or young members (age), but I think the statement that the AD700 slaughters the Pro900 deserved a reply and that is what it got. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AD700 vs Pro 900...?