Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 63

post #931 of 1326

how are they at the gym?

post #932 of 1326
I find that the SE215's are good all rounders. They work fine at the gym, I route the cables behind my head so they don't get in the way. However, I find the cable is quite a bit longer than normal IEM cables (64" vs 48" i think?) and therefore I have to tuck the entire cable into my pocket or else it gets in the way. The earpieces stay in your ears very snugly and won't come out unless you take them out; pulling on the cord isn't enough to rip them out of your ears and the strain reliefs are pretty good as well.
post #933 of 1326

You know...I'm glad that I'm a broke college student, otherwise you guys would make me go bankrupt. I love my se215s but your impressions of the gr-07 are making me doubt myself. are they really that much of an improvement?

post #934 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

You know...I'm glad that I'm a broke college student, otherwise you guys would make me go bankrupt. I love my se215s but your impressions of the gr-07 are making me doubt myself. are they really that much of an improvement?



I have had the GR07 since Wednesday. There is no debate in my mind (even without much burn in) for $50 more (now $80 more) you are getting some that is about four-times better than the 215, easily. Just my humble opinion. I really liked the 215, but gave them away to one of my best friends today. Not missing them at all with the GR07.

post #935 of 1326
I own a pair of SE215 as well as the GR07 and agree with Ericp10 the GR07 is significantly better. Since I got them I have trouble listening to any of my other IEM's. The biggest difference is the lack of veil I get with the GR07 while still having good bass presence. The Se215 does have more bass but it is not as controlled or detailed. The treble of the GR07 just kills the SE215 in extension and detail and the mids are also more detailed.
Edited by dweaver - 7/22/11 at 11:13pm
post #936 of 1326

sigh. I guess I'm buying another IEM

post #937 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I own a pair of SE215 as well as the GR07 and agree with Ericp10 the GR07 is significantly better. Since I got them I have trouble listening to any of my other IEM's. The biggest difference is the lack of veil I get with the GR07 while still having good bass presence. The Se215 does have more bass but it is not as controlled or detailed. The treble of the GR07 just kills the SE215 in extension and detail and the mids are also more detailed.


I'm a long time lurker, but these are my first posts so I can't post a classified in the for sale forums. Where did you buy yours?

 

post #938 of 1326

I got me SE215 from Earphones.com but I see them at Bestbuy, Futureshop, and London Drugs in Canada all the time. The GR07 on the other hand are only available off the internet. The recommended site is Lendmeurears but I bought mine off ww.eaphone on ebay during a period when lendmeurears were out of stock. ww.earphone have authentic equipment but are not authorized resellers though, so warranty might be unavailable to me.

post #939 of 1326

ok thanks. 


Edited by eke2k6 - 7/24/11 at 1:35pm
post #940 of 1326

Hi,it's my first post here and i'd like to say that i've been reading(lurking) the forums for so long that you've convinced me to go hi-fi.Excellent detailed reviews and strong community

So,i've just ordered the clear version knowing about the driver/cable issues(the reviews were sooo tempting).But after ordering it i realized that the situation is way worse than i've thought.My only option is accessoryjack and i could afford only 100$ and single balanced armatures at 100 or under don't have much of a bass.Now should i cancel my order and go with something else or should i wait?

One last question(sorry but this is my first iem and don't want to regret it) is there anyone here that bought their se215 in july and experienced any of these driver/cable issues? maybe it was just the early batch and it's been fixed now?


Edited by Hosoi - 7/28/11 at 5:43pm
post #941 of 1326
Welcome to head-fi smily_headphones1.gif.

First off, the se215's have dynamic drivers, not balanced armatures. Therefore, they are pretty good for bass. The bass certainly sounds good, but I must admit that my TF10's have a fuller sounding bass though (multi BA iem). I bought my pair in early July and have not experienced any of the cable or driver issues. I have the black version and all is well as of now with them receiving almost daily use. If you do have issues though, shure has excellent customer support and they will send you a new unit most likely if you have the connector issues.
Edited by seaskimmer - 7/28/11 at 4:50pm
post #942 of 1326
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaskimmer View Post

Welcome to head-fi smily_headphones1.gif.

First off, the se215's have dynamic drivers, not balanced armatures. Therefore, they are pretty good for bass. The bass certainly sounds good, but I must admit that my TF10's have a fuller sounding bass though (multi BA iem). I bought my pair in early July and have not experienced any of the cable or driver issues. I have the black version and all is well as of now with them receiving almost daily use. If you do have issues though, shure has excellent customer support and they will send you a new unit most likely if you have the connector issues.


Yeah that's what i've been thinking.I've searched for a few hours and all of the broken headphones(driver or cable) seem to be bought in march/april/may.Not a single complaint from june/july buyers.

About tf10,that's a given and my next iem will def. have 2 ba drivers.

post #943 of 1326

Its the same.. I got mine replacement 3 days ago... left side still got the connector problem... I burned in 100 hours already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have to send back jaben again 

post #944 of 1326

I'm having to send mine back to Shure due to the cable issue.  I've just contacted them to ask if the issue has been fixed or not, since i don't have the time to keep sending them back.  Hopefully get a response by tomorrow.

post #945 of 1326

seems shure hasn't out of the bad batch yet.

 

Though that being said, after everything settles down, they sound pretty good now, only wish for bigger soundstage and yeah a bit more on the treble.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions