Yea most of my headphones usually end up getting ~200h. I toss em in the sock drawer whenever I'm not using them with an old ipod classic just for burning in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 62
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If I recall correctly, you only require the serial number to register for warranty but it states that they could possibly require proof of purchase (ie. receipt) to be able to use the full warranty benefits.
i just got these today..been listening to them for ~3hours.. overall, I am VERY satisfied with them.. They have good clarity and excellent bass and mids.. the bass is thick and full, without obstructing the mid at all.. i find that the treble actually has good extension.. it is a little bit toned down compared to the thick bass and wonderful mid, but i still find them very natural.. cymbals or electric guitars still sound very good, although i don't get the airy feeling from earphones with more treble amount..
overall, i think they're very good all rounder and offer excellent value for the price..
The SE215 is good,.. but I personally don't think it would be good enough to put on a $100 SE535 cable, presuming you are buying one. If you already have a custom cable, go ahead and try it
i thought the 215 used the same cable as the 535
OH no no i'm not gonna spend $100 + cables on $99 iem. Since i'm in beijing right now, i found a store that sells the recabling from $30-$200.
Was thinking gonna try the $30 one, in here the replacement cable from shure, cost exactly like the earphone it self $99, but of course in china, adding tax the se215 will be around $110-$120.
I'm wondering, how do people wear these? So that the cable runs down your back, or down your front? I thought the correct way was around the back but it can get a bit uncomfortable to wear when the weight of the lead is pulling on the earbud.
hmm? personally, I route the cables around the back of my ears, then to the back of the neck, then use the cable cinch to reduce slack and further microphonics, and then i route the cables across my left shoulder and into my pockets
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 12 seconds ago
- › Impressions on the new Beats Solo HD 2.0 (Drenched in Color) 58 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)