Yea most of my headphones usually end up getting ~200h. I toss em in the sock drawer whenever I'm not using them with an old ipod classic just for burning in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 62post #916 of 13377/9/11 at 8:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 13377/13/11 at 5:08amQuote:
bumppost #918 of 13377/13/11 at 3:31pmpost #919 of 13377/13/11 at 4:37pm@lhisindhaus
If I recall correctly, you only require the serial number to register for warranty but it states that they could possibly require proof of purchase (ie. receipt) to be able to use the full warranty benefits.post #920 of 13377/13/11 at 6:26pmpost #921 of 13377/13/11 at 6:39pmpost #922 of 13377/14/11 at 7:22ampost #923 of 13377/15/11 at 7:42am
i just got these today..been listening to them for ~3hours.. overall, I am VERY satisfied with them.. They have good clarity and excellent bass and mids.. the bass is thick and full, without obstructing the mid at all.. i find that the treble actually has good extension.. it is a little bit toned down compared to the thick bass and wonderful mid, but i still find them very natural.. cymbals or electric guitars still sound very good, although i don't get the airy feeling from earphones with more treble amount..
overall, i think they're very good all rounder and offer excellent value for the price..post #924 of 13377/15/11 at 11:10am@T.F.O.A
The SE215 is good,.. but I personally don't think it would be good enough to put on a $100 SE535 cable, presuming you are buying one. If you already have a custom cable, go ahead and try itpost #925 of 13377/15/11 at 11:11amQuote:
i thought the 215 used the same cable as the 535post #926 of 13377/15/11 at 5:48pmThey do use the same cable, I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't think it is worth it to buy a $100+ cable to use with headphones that cost $99.99. I don't think that the improvements that you would hear would warrant the money that you are spending. If you have the money to spend, then by all means go ahead.post #927 of 13377/16/11 at 2:25am
OH no no i'm not gonna spend $100 + cables on $99 iem. Since i'm in beijing right now, i found a store that sells the recabling from $30-$200.
Was thinking gonna try the $30 one, in here the replacement cable from shure, cost exactly like the earphone it self $99, but of course in china, adding tax the se215 will be around $110-$120.post #928 of 13377/18/11 at 10:23am
I'm wondering, how do people wear these? So that the cable runs down your back, or down your front? I thought the correct way was around the back but it can get a bit uncomfortable to wear when the weight of the lead is pulling on the earbud.post #929 of 13377/18/11 at 11:25amQuote:
hmm? personally, I route the cables around the back of my ears, then to the back of the neck, then use the cable cinch to reduce slack and further microphonics, and then i route the cables across my left shoulder and into my pocketspost #930 of 13377/18/11 at 11:30amI route the cable around the top of my ears (from front to back, then down the front of my chest, using the cable cinch to keep the cables pulled tautly around my ears. Consequently (or at least hopefully) this stops the cables from moving around much, which reduces microphonics.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 40 seconds ago
- › The Tip-Rolling/IEM Modification Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › (help) Portable set up for near $1000 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)