Yea most of my headphones usually end up getting ~200h. I toss em in the sock drawer whenever I'm not using them with an old ipod classic just for burning in.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 3/7/16 at 5:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 3/1/16 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 62post #916 of 18767/9/11 at 8:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 18767/13/11 at 5:08amQuote:
bumppost #918 of 18767/13/11 at 3:31pmpost #919 of 18767/13/11 at 4:37pm@lhisindhaus
If I recall correctly, you only require the serial number to register for warranty but it states that they could possibly require proof of purchase (ie. receipt) to be able to use the full warranty benefits.post #920 of 18767/13/11 at 6:26pmpost #921 of 18767/13/11 at 6:39pmpost #922 of 18767/14/11 at 7:22ampost #923 of 18767/15/11 at 7:42am
i just got these today..been listening to them for ~3hours.. overall, I am VERY satisfied with them.. They have good clarity and excellent bass and mids.. the bass is thick and full, without obstructing the mid at all.. i find that the treble actually has good extension.. it is a little bit toned down compared to the thick bass and wonderful mid, but i still find them very natural.. cymbals or electric guitars still sound very good, although i don't get the airy feeling from earphones with more treble amount..
overall, i think they're very good all rounder and offer excellent value for the price..post #924 of 18767/15/11 at 11:10am@T.F.O.A
The SE215 is good,.. but I personally don't think it would be good enough to put on a $100 SE535 cable, presuming you are buying one. If you already have a custom cable, go ahead and try itpost #925 of 18767/15/11 at 11:11amQuote:
i thought the 215 used the same cable as the 535post #926 of 18767/15/11 at 5:48pmThey do use the same cable, I'm just saying that I personally wouldn't think it is worth it to buy a $100+ cable to use with headphones that cost $99.99. I don't think that the improvements that you would hear would warrant the money that you are spending. If you have the money to spend, then by all means go ahead.post #927 of 18767/16/11 at 2:25am
OH no no i'm not gonna spend $100 + cables on $99 iem. Since i'm in beijing right now, i found a store that sells the recabling from $30-$200.
Was thinking gonna try the $30 one, in here the replacement cable from shure, cost exactly like the earphone it self $99, but of course in china, adding tax the se215 will be around $110-$120.post #928 of 18767/18/11 at 10:23am
I'm wondering, how do people wear these? So that the cable runs down your back, or down your front? I thought the correct way was around the back but it can get a bit uncomfortable to wear when the weight of the lead is pulling on the earbud.post #929 of 18767/18/11 at 11:25amQuote:
hmm? personally, I route the cables around the back of my ears, then to the back of the neck, then use the cable cinch to reduce slack and further microphonics, and then i route the cables across my left shoulder and into my pocketspost #930 of 18767/18/11 at 11:30amI route the cable around the top of my ears (from front to back, then down the front of my chest, using the cable cinch to keep the cables pulled tautly around my ears. Consequently (or at least hopefully) this stops the cables from moving around much, which reduces microphonics.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE 560 7 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Could use some recommendations on a better headphone amplifier. 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 3 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Discussion Thread: CampFred Earbuds, QFred... 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear