Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 88

post #1306 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post
 

you are rolling them before insertion?


lmao XD ofcourse.

 

Id just like a slightly deeper insertion.

post #1307 of 1325

Has anyone used comply P series?

 

 

those seem good

post #1308 of 1325

My brand new SE215 just broke as I tried to take off the tip that came stuck on it. What a piece of garbage. 

post #1309 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

My brand new SE215 just broke as I tried to take off the tip that came stuck on it. What a piece of garbage. 

Thin IEM stems are prone to breaking if you press on the tips the wrong way though... you need to basically apply as much pulling force while applying as little pressing force as possible...
post #1310 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


Thin IEM stems are prone to breaking if you press on the tips the wrong way though... you need to basically apply as much pulling force while applying as little pressing force as possible...

I've owned many Shure, Etymotic and Westone iems and this is the first time this has happened :( The Shure olives are notorious for getting impossibly stuck. 

post #1311 of 1325
Yeah they really need to fix the olives...that was probably my only beef with the SE215
post #1312 of 1325

How does the SE215 compare to HD25's? My HD25's hurt my ears with my new glasses so I'm looking for IEM's and the SE215's are high on my list.

post #1313 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koei View Post
 

How does the SE215 compare to HD25's? My HD25's hurt my ears with my new glasses so I'm looking for IEM's and the SE215's are high on my list.

You can't technically compare earphones to headphones in terms of sound signature; its quite different. But based on your preference for the HD25s, I would say you might enjoy the SE215s. Tight bass, decent imaging and comfortable ear fit should make for a pretty good experience.

post #1314 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanidesyringes View Post

You can't technically compare earphones to headphones in terms of sound signature; its quite different. But based on your preference for the HD25s, I would say you might enjoy the SE215s. Tight bass, decent imaging and comfortable ear fit should make for a pretty good experience.
In what way would headphones differ? You'd think that the closed nature of the hd25 would make them closer. But I digress. I've looked at frequency response measurements of the se215,the re-400 and the hd25. The re-400 is a little bit below the hd25 in terms of bass (and a little less punchy according to the same website). The se215 shows a huge bump and I'm a bit worried about that. They also rate the bass as being more smooth. At home I listen to diy scanspeak refence monitors which are pretty much flat from 75hz and up (ignoring acoustics). Dynamics are important to me, as is high quality bass (as opposed to just much bass). So I'm not sure if the se215's bass is tight enough and that it might be too much.


Edit: listening to my old cx300's right now and my God they are so bad haha.
Edited by Koei - 7/14/14 at 9:22am
post #1315 of 1325

My very first non-OEM IEM was Shure e4c...



 



Is this SE215 the newer version of e4c? or is it totally different IEM?


Edited by straden - 7/14/14 at 12:07pm
post #1316 of 1325
Sounds like you might just want to go custom if you're used to that level of audio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koei View Post

In what way would headphones differ? You'd think that the closed nature of the hd25 would make them closer. But I digress. I've looked at frequency response measurements of the se215,the re-400 and the hd25. The re-400 is a little bit below the hd25 in terms of bass (and a little less punchy according to the same website). The se215 shows a huge bump and I'm a bit worried about that. They also rate the bass as being more smooth. At home I listen to diy scanspeak refence monitors which are pretty much flat from 75hz and up (ignoring acoustics). Dynamics are important to me, as is high quality bass (as opposed to just much bass). So I'm not sure if the se215's bass is tight enough and that it might be too much.


Edit: listening to my old cx300's right now and my God they are so bad haha.
post #1317 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koei View Post


In what way would headphones differ? You'd think that the closed nature of the hd25 would make them closer. But I digress. I've looked at frequency response measurements of the se215,the re-400 and the hd25. The re-400 is a little bit below the hd25 in terms of bass (and a little less punchy according to the same website). The se215 shows a huge bump and I'm a bit worried about that. They also rate the bass as being more smooth. At home I listen to diy scanspeak refence monitors which are pretty much flat from 75hz and up (ignoring acoustics). Dynamics are important to me, as is high quality bass (as opposed to just much bass). So I'm not sure if the se215's bass is tight enough and that it might be too much.


Edit: listening to my old cx300's right now and my God they are so bad haha.

Looking at the frequency response chart doesn't do justice to the SE215. Its best for you to try them out personally to find out whether you truly like the sound or not. Or as Gilly87 suggests, you can go for customs if your budget allows.

post #1318 of 1325
For the sake of replacing my recently deceased Yam EPH-100s, I picked these up at a local Guitar Center (would've gotten more Yams but they were out of stock). It's been a few days, and I can say that I like these quite a bit. Highs aren't as detailed as I'm used to, but the mid focus makes up for it. I have never owned IEMs that make vocals jump forward the way that these do, and I have to say that I appreciate it (Gretchen Parlato can just lull me to sleep forever with that incredible voice of hers).

My only two sources are a Clip Zip (rockboxed) w/Fiio E6 and my Nokia Lumia 521. I immediately get the feeling that these are more source-dependent than anything else I've owned, which is fine since I've for Fiio's X5 in my crosshairs.

Edit: Also want to note that these respond very nicely to EQ. I don't normally touch the stuff, but I'm too accustomed to bassy IEMs. Also had to tweak 4khz by -1khz because apparently every overseas producer believes that sibilance is key!
Edited by MisterCats - 7/27/14 at 10:31am
post #1319 of 1325
My impressions of these are that they are kind of veiled.
Swapped my w3 for the se215 for a few days, can't seem to get pass the fact that it is slightly veiled..
post #1320 of 1325
Not surprised: your W3s are pretty bright and the 215s are recessed after 5khz with fairly substantial roll off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachBot View Post

My impressions of these are that they are kind of veiled.
Swapped my w3 for the se215 for a few days, can't seem to get pass the fact that it is slightly veiled..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions