Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 84

post #1246 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post

At $70+ for the 215's you cannot go wrong.
Cool, if my ebates goes through as well, it'll be $46 (I think, I'm not sure how they counted it) for the clear se215...and a pair of Saxx underwear since I needed a filler haha
post #1247 of 1389

Excellent.  Hope you enjoy them.

post #1248 of 1389
Hey shure fans. I'm thinking of getting an amp to improve separation on the 215 which I can't live without. Pls help me out whats a good amp to pair them with? Thanks!
post #1249 of 1389

I have Fiio E11 and JDS C5 amps, but don't hear a real improvement in the SQ with either.  I don't typically use the amp for bass boost as the bass on the 215's is fine for me OTB. 

post #1250 of 1389

Can anyone compare these to the SE425s, or to ATH-CKN70s? I've always been meh about my 425s and have really fallen in love with Audio-Technica's IEMs, but the one thing A-T doesn't have is a low-profile IEM with over-the-ear cables. I love the fit of the 425s but they just aren't very exciting, and I'm curious if the 215s would work better for me.

post #1251 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWebster View Post
 

Can anyone compare these to the SE425s, or to ATH-CKN70s? I've always been meh about my 425s and have really fallen in love with Audio-Technica's IEMs, but the one thing A-T doesn't have is a low-profile IEM with over-the-ear cables. I love the fit of the 425s but they just aren't very exciting, and I'm curious if the 215s would work better for me.


I'm pretty sure AT has a few of those over the ear, detachable cable style earphones...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwHAYqPS0JuUJ4Vzz13FkoNFlQ6wWY9_w3WxfgoEqGm5xDxnAIbw 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE_n9uj2qpntW3IK5SDCkks1pI0g_JZ4mgSHwy4B5K6hcC4TtX


Edited by jant71 - 11/10/13 at 1:30pm
post #1252 of 1389
I had se215. Ckn70 is easily better than se215. Better mids, much more detail and clarity and tighter and faster bass. I suggest audio technica im50 for 60 bucks or im70 for 105. Im50 should have similar sound to ckn70, but bit better. Im70 is like im50, but has more bass impact.
post #1253 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWebster View Post

Can anyone compare these to the SE425s, or to ATH-CKN70s? I've always been meh about my 425s and have really fallen in love with Audio-Technica's IEMs, but the one thing A-T doesn't have is a low-profile IEM with over-the-ear cables. I love the fit of the 425s but they just aren't very exciting, and I'm curious if the 215s would work better for me.
to me 425 sounded just boring and even weird at times. But 215 is more dynamic and fun sound sig than 425 for sure. I'm not sure about ckn70 but I have heard cks99 and cks1000 and chose se215 over them. The ATs just don't have the bang for buck ratio of the se215 and they sound tinny and thin next to the lush shure sound. I think you can hardly go wrong with the 215.
post #1254 of 1389
Cks99 and 1000 has fuller sound than se215 for sure, but not by much. Se215 has bloated bass. Cks series has much more controled lows. But biggest flaw of se215 compared to any audio technica iem is clarity and detail level. And se215 has worse comfort than ath iems too.
post #1255 of 1389

iemguy66, you do realize that you sound like an AT fanboy and, contrary to what you want, it makes your argument less effective. You can't say the SE215 vs. any AT phone lacks clarity and detail cause that just isn't true. Then again with the comfort which is subjective so you can't say all their in-ears are more comfy because you have your ears and can't really talk of others comfort. When you talk like that people around here start to tune you out. They see you talk an all positive, no negative view you don't seem objective and it makes it not very trustworthy.

 

 Besides this is the SE215 thread so not the place to come in and detract from it. 

 

Simply if DrWebster wants another option to look at along with the SE215 that is AT, I just put forth the IM-70 there to show they do have that wearing style.  

post #1256 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

iemguy66, you do realize that you sound like an AT fanboy and, contrary to what you want, it makes your argument less effective. You can't say the SE215 vs. any AT phone lacks clarity and detail cause that just isn't true. Then again with the comfort which is subjective so you can't say all their in-ears are more comfy because you have your ears and can't really talk of others comfort. When you talk like that people around here start to tune you out. They see you talk an all positive, no negative view you don't seem objective and it makes it not very trustworthy.

 

 Besides this is the SE215 thread so not the place to come in and detract from it. 

 

Simply if DrWebster wants another option to look at along with the SE215 that is AT, I just put forth the IM-70 there to show they do have that wearing style.  

I simply write my thoughts which i have expierenced. of course i know that for some persons ath iems can be not as comfy as shure iems.

And i am audio technica fanboy, because they are best iems of price and performance. Worst thing about them is cable microphonics, and on some iems - spiky treble. And thats all. For example, se215 had or still has scable connector issue. 

post #1257 of 1389


This might not be the place but it's still an SE215... With a FiiO RC-SE1 cable... For about $35, all this bass bloat and less clarity talk can cease. Anyway, yes, you do sound like an A-T fanboy. Most of the people here who like the SE215 aren't looking for an analytical, extremely detailed sound. They love the SE215 because of it's versatility (soundwise), comfort, durability and enjoyability. But an SPC cable will be a night and day upgrade from stock... Is it worth the $35 or less? Definitely... Plus, it'll put the sexy back onto your beloved Shures.:-) ..... Just sharing....
post #1258 of 1389

No matter how good this earphone is, I still find that you are trying to promote and advertise the products you are selling.

vrt

post #1259 of 1389
Quote:
Originally Posted by flodzhijin View Post

No matter how good this earphone is, I still find that you are trying to promote and advertise the products you are selling.
vrt

The SE215 or the previously mentioned Audio-Technicas?
post #1260 of 1389

Jung Woo Cho, I completely agree with you about the SE425's sound signature...even after letting them burn in for 100 hours, I was convinced mine were broken or something and sent them back under warranty. The new ones weren't any better, sadly.

 

I'm definitely interested in A-T's new IM series, but I think there would be kind of a weird hole in the lineup for me...the IM70s don't seem to be quite as high-end as I'm looking for, but I have a feeling that the IM01 and IM02 aren't going to offer the "fun" sound I'm after. The IM03 looks like the sweet spot, but at about $300 I can't really justify it, especially after the SE425 debacle. And it might sound a bit silly, but I'm disappointed A-T isn't offering any of those models in clear, only in black or red.

 

Really, the reason why I'm considering the SE215's is because I have a pair of broken SE210s that I can send to Shure and get replaced for $78. But if the consensus is that my pair of CKN70s sounds better than them, well, maybe I'll just wait for the reviews on the IM series to come out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions