- 117 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Philippines
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 83post #1231 of 134310/28/13 at 4:00amHere's what I did to eliminate some low end and add some treble... . I teflon tape around the nozzles to make them thicker... Slapped on some Sony hybrids.:-) .... .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 134310/28/13 at 4:54pmGood or good for $100? The latter, yes; the former, not really. It has decent depth but not a whole lot of width.post #1233 of 134310/28/13 at 4:55pmI used that same combo by taking the core out of the olives or other foamies. Works very well.post #1234 of 134310/28/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Oh... That makes more sense.... Lol... Thanks bro..post #1235 of 134310/30/13 at 9:07ampost #1236 of 134310/30/13 at 9:08ampost #1237 of 134310/31/13 at 6:41ampost #1238 of 134310/31/13 at 7:51ampost #1239 of 134311/3/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
Well, I want to comment on this as I have both (technically speaking...) But....
1. I have the SE215 SPE's...
2. I modded them to use Sony Hybrids, balancing the sound so much better... It not sounds thinner than the M3's, more refined, a more natural presentation... The m3's are a bit more technical... Plus now, after the mod, the M3's sound warmer than my SPE's... I will say this from memory tho... Now my SPE's remind me of the RE-400's cept with more detailed bass presentation... The punchiness and attack of the bass impact on my modded SPE's is more precise and articulate than on my M3's...
But I can only talk from what I have... Hopefully someone can say something about their regular untouched, virgin SE215's...post #1240 of 134311/4/13 at 11:22amI'm looking to buy a pair of fairly low priced IEMs for mostly classical music, but would like it to be versatile. Isolation is a must as well since I'll be frequently studying with them. By looking through this thread, seems like these are winners. I can get these for a bit over $70 brand new and authentic, this would probably be the best bang for buck eh?
Edited by asdfvtn - 11/4/13 at 9:10pmpost #1241 of 134311/5/13 at 6:33pmpost #1242 of 134311/5/13 at 7:36pmpost #1243 of 134311/5/13 at 7:59pmpost #1244 of 134311/5/13 at 8:57pmThese things isolate, maybe too good. I have only had mine in the ear for maybe 3 min and I can already tell they aren't for me. Time to sell.
Its not the quality of the product, its just iem's in general...they aren't for me. The feeling in the ear...the isolation, if that's what you want, these are the best. I thought that's what I wanted, but outside of air travel, I can't think of a time where I would need these
. Now on to buy some m100's. Gpost #1245 of 134311/5/13 at 8:59pm
IEMS aren't for everyone, that's true. For us peons who ride the bus though, they are invaluable.
By the way, you can easily find IEMS with poor isolation. Just pick up a dynamic driver like the GR07, RE400 or something. I think the SE215 is a dynamic (iirc) but all Shure IEMS have good isolation I believe. At least the SE series.
Edited by Zalithian - 11/5/13 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 31 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 32 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 51 seconds ago
- › Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware... 57 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › UM Unique Melody Mentor 10BA Universal Earphone 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW - Encore mDAC portable headphone DAC/amp with 24bit/96kHz... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)