- 117 Posts. Joined 11/2012
- Location: Philippines
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 83post #1231 of 133510/28/13 at 4:00amHere's what I did to eliminate some low end and add some treble... . I teflon tape around the nozzles to make them thicker... Slapped on some Sony hybrids.:-) .... .
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1232 of 133510/28/13 at 4:54pmGood or good for $100? The latter, yes; the former, not really. It has decent depth but not a whole lot of width.post #1233 of 133510/28/13 at 4:55pmI used that same combo by taking the core out of the olives or other foamies. Works very well.post #1234 of 133510/28/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Oh... That makes more sense.... Lol... Thanks bro..post #1235 of 133510/30/13 at 9:07ampost #1236 of 133510/30/13 at 9:08ampost #1237 of 133510/31/13 at 6:41ampost #1238 of 133510/31/13 at 7:51ampost #1239 of 133511/3/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
Well, I want to comment on this as I have both (technically speaking...) But....
1. I have the SE215 SPE's...
2. I modded them to use Sony Hybrids, balancing the sound so much better... It not sounds thinner than the M3's, more refined, a more natural presentation... The m3's are a bit more technical... Plus now, after the mod, the M3's sound warmer than my SPE's... I will say this from memory tho... Now my SPE's remind me of the RE-400's cept with more detailed bass presentation... The punchiness and attack of the bass impact on my modded SPE's is more precise and articulate than on my M3's...
But I can only talk from what I have... Hopefully someone can say something about their regular untouched, virgin SE215's...post #1240 of 133511/4/13 at 11:22amI'm looking to buy a pair of fairly low priced IEMs for mostly classical music, but would like it to be versatile. Isolation is a must as well since I'll be frequently studying with them. By looking through this thread, seems like these are winners. I can get these for a bit over $70 brand new and authentic, this would probably be the best bang for buck eh?
Edited by asdfvtn - 11/4/13 at 9:10pmpost #1241 of 133511/5/13 at 6:33pmpost #1242 of 133511/5/13 at 7:36pmpost #1243 of 133511/5/13 at 7:59pmpost #1244 of 133511/5/13 at 8:57pmThese things isolate, maybe too good. I have only had mine in the ear for maybe 3 min and I can already tell they aren't for me. Time to sell.
Its not the quality of the product, its just iem's in general...they aren't for me. The feeling in the ear...the isolation, if that's what you want, these are the best. I thought that's what I wanted, but outside of air travel, I can't think of a time where I would need these
. Now on to buy some m100's. Gpost #1245 of 133511/5/13 at 8:59pm
IEMS aren't for everyone, that's true. For us peons who ride the bus though, they are invaluable.
By the way, you can easily find IEMS with poor isolation. Just pick up a dynamic driver like the GR07, RE400 or something. I think the SE215 is a dynamic (iirc) but all Shure IEMS have good isolation I believe. At least the SE series.
Edited by Zalithian - 11/5/13 at 9:13pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 16 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 27 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 54 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Ultimate Ears' New Way Of Making Custom In-Ear Monitors - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Vision Ear V 6 With X Control is The most expensive Custom IEM in... 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 4 minutes ago
- › Playing FLAC over wi-fi from hard drives (Mac connected) to IPad 3 4 minutes ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)