Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 80

post #1186 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramordep View Post


now that i own both iem, i would suggest to save up for the tf10.

Why so? 

 

On another note, wouldn't I be slightly ripped off though, since at a previous time, the TF10s were $150?

post #1187 of 1325

I bought the new shure se215 but I heard the etymotic hf5 was just as good if not better. Has anyone tried both se215 and HF5 and can recommend me returning the se215 for the hf5? Where I live there are no places i know where you can demo in ear headphones so I purchased the se215 based on the good feedback it received and colour. 

post #1188 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonCheeseball View Post

I bought the new shure se215 but I heard the etymotic hf5 was just as good if not better. Has anyone tried both se215 and HF5 and can recommend me returning the se215 for the hf5? Where I live there are no places i know where you can demo in ear headphones so I purchased the se215 based on the good feedback it received and colour. 

 

Two diametrically opposed sound sigs.   One is super analytical with an extended top end and a bottom end that could use a bit of reinforcement, and the other, whose bottom end is a bit exaggerated, great mid-range but a top end that is rolled off.  Apples and oranges.

 

Is one better than the other?  All depends on which sound sig you like.

post #1189 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire1 View Post

Why so? 

On another note, wouldn't I be slightly ripped off though, since at a previous time, the TF10s were $150?

tf10 is obviously the better iem in terms of sq. if money is an issue and if tf10s are around $250+, yeah you'll probably get ripped off,.
Edited by ramordep - 7/10/13 at 7:17am
post #1190 of 1325
Just had to chime in again to share how much I love these. They are far from being the last word in anything in particular, but the combination of bus-worthy isolation, great mids and bass, optional mic, and a more well-rounded presentation than anything I've heard in the price range makes them a uniquely complete package for an audio enthusiast with an active lifestyle. I know these will stay with me even if I eventually move away from other high end audio products simply due to their versatility and durability. I don't think I've felt better about any audio purchase I've ever made.
post #1191 of 1325

How do you guys see the durability of se215?

post #1192 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post

How do you guys see the durability of se215?

 

The letters on the outside are not carved as se425/535 and sometimes they rub off easily. Connectors on earpieces may have the same loose contact problem as se425/535 or ue900. Otherwise the build is solid and if not abused will last for years.

post #1193 of 1325

Awesome. Mine get chucked around daily. The mic cable I have is splitting and cutting out a little, I will probably replace it with a UE900 mic cable next time, I noticed it seemed really durable when I had the UE900s for a short time.

Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post

How do you guys see the durability of se215?

post #1194 of 1325

But you need buy another after how much moths of use ?

Thanks guys!

post #1195 of 1325

Let's see...I've had the mic cable for about one year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllcarbonlll View Post

But you need buy another after how much moths of use ?

Thanks guys!

post #1196 of 1325

Comfort is important for me, coming from the Klipsch X5/X10 and X10i series -- the most comfortable earphones I've owned. (But, unfortunately, not the most durable.)

 

The 215 has decent sound, very decent.

 

But they are so big and heavy compared to what I'm used to that I find myself reaching for something else. Anything else, even a Monoprice or Panasonic cheapo.

 

No, the sound isn't as good. And I'd be more inclined to wear the 215s while seated on a longish trip.

 

But that's an awful lot of plastic in my ear!

post #1197 of 1325

Really? I don't mind them so much. I felt similarly when using the stock cables, but since switching to the mic version I dont have that problem so much. Maybe try it or a UE 900 cable and see what you think then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatmann View Post

Comfort is important for me, coming from the Klipsch X5/X10 and X10i series -- the most comfortable earphones I've owned. (But, unfortunately, not the most durable.)

 

The 215 has decent sound, very decent.

 

But they are so big and heavy compared to what I'm used to that I find myself reaching for something else. Anything else, even a Monoprice or Panasonic cheapo.

 

No, the sound isn't as good. And I'd be more inclined to wear the 215s while seated on a longish trip.

 

But that's an awful lot of plastic in my ear!

post #1198 of 1325

I do agree the X10 beats them for comfort and fit, but its pretty much at the top of that ladder so perhaps you've been spoiled :P

post #1199 of 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

I do agree the X10 beats them for comfort and fit, but its pretty much at the top of that ladder so perhaps you've been spoiled :P

Spoiled and disappointed!

 

I loved the X5s, but they are long out of production.

 

I don't find the X10 or X10i either as durable or as good-sounding. I've had two go bad in less than three months.

 

Since then, I've not found anything I like that is also comfortable. 

 

I guess I have been spoiled. 

 

Not sure yet whether I'll keep the 215s. I'm also tempted by the RE-400s. But I've heard disappointing comments about both comfort and durability.

post #1200 of 1325

Yea the RE400s are also a totally different sound sig from X10 and SE215 so it would be a pretty big risk. Have you heard of the new X7 at all? It made Jude's summer buyer's guide, maybe you should check it out :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions