- 81 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 78post #1156 of 13254/21/13 at 5:39amLogitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 13254/21/13 at 8:57ampost #1158 of 13254/21/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
Logitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
That sounds like a great idea.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmotherpost #1159 of 13254/21/13 at 1:08pmO_O How long did you have it? That's crazy...I use the mic cable but the stock seemed so beastly...weird.post #1160 of 13254/23/13 at 11:51amQuote:
I've owned it since it came out :P Trust me when I say it served me well, just really wish it could serve a bit longer.post #1161 of 13254/29/13 at 9:32ampost #1162 of 13254/30/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I think the white one is actually clear. Only difference should be the color.post #1163 of 13254/30/13 at 10:02amIf it's the same cable as on the se535 then the clear cable is a lot stiffer and slightly shorter than the black. It seems more durable, but harder to handle. The neck tie bit is particularly hard to move up and down. I have se535 clear and se215 black.post #1164 of 13255/4/13 at 7:20am
Okay I'm late to the game..
Just replaced my E2 with SE215 and just wanted to give my first impression (one that supprised me)
+ looks much better
+ great cable
+ good fit (for me)
+ more bass
+ no microphonics (was nod a big problem on E2)
- Instrument separation
In relation to the two last evaluations, I expected the new SE215 to be better on all accounts and are frankly supprised to find that I like the sound of the old ones better, before I could here musicians breath and fingers running along strings, now they are gone....
Is it just me or have others experienced this ?
Will it get better after burn-in ?
Is it the difference from dynamic to armature drivers (I just have to accept) ?
Ps: I made the change as the cable on the E2C is close to broke, now I consider re-wiring or making them into costums.post #1165 of 13255/14/13 at 8:32am
Just got those and trying them out. The sound is really good if I finally find a fit..
because damn those are hard to properly fit into my ears, it seems my left ear is no problem at all, I snap it in quite easily, but my right ear just won't get a comfortable fit..
It seems the right ear piece doesn't fit into my ear shell somehow.. but maybe I just really have to get used to putting those in..
after 4 hours: left ear: comfortable! Right ear.. hurts as hell.. just doesn't fit like my left ear. Ahh! this annoys me so much while I can't return those :(
Edited by DylanJohn - 5/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1166 of 13255/15/13 at 10:58ampost #1167 of 13255/16/13 at 5:15amQuote:Quote:
I have the black cable that came with my black SE215 and I have a clear cable I purchased. They are identical in length. The black cable jacket is smooth while the clear cable's is feels slightly braided. You can both see and feel this. The single piece that runs from the jack to the split is noticably thicker on the black cable and after the split the clear cable is very slightly thinner. The different colour cables use a very slightly different sliding keeper. On the clear cable you can see the memory wire. On the black cable I only got to see the memory wire when the jacket split and the wire poked through :-(
The clear braided wire is slightly more flexible/less stiff than the black wire. I find it a little more convenient. There is no difference in sound or in the jack or the connectors. The keeper on the clear wire is only stiff out of the box. Once you've used it then it's no different to using the one on the black cable.
My black cable is about 14 months old and came with the 'phones. I purchased the clear cable this month from a Shure dealer.
Edited by julian67 - 5/16/13 at 6:56ampost #1168 of 13255/28/13 at 7:21ampost #1169 of 13255/28/13 at 11:31pmpost #1170 of 13255/29/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I don't detect a sound difference.
I just rechecked and the lengths of my Black and Clear cables are identical.
Possible benefit of the Clear:
You can easily see the red dot on the right side and the green dot on the left. This matters when you connect the cable to the IEMs because you are supposed to align the dot on the cable with the dot on the IEM body. Finding a black dot on a black cable is pretty hard and next to impossible unless somewhere brightly lit.
You can see the memory wire. It seems to be the memory wire that pokes through the cable outer and also damages the audio cable. This is how my black cable died. At least on the clear cable you can see trouble coming.
The clear cable is definitely stiffer and naturally has a tendency to retain shape. I find this useful as it doesn't flap about quite so much and I notice I no longer keep snagging on door handles and cupboard handles. I expect the clear cable to last longer for this reason alone.
I have tons of black cables for different products. I am not a tidy person. Black Shures with a black cable used to disappear on me A shiny silvery white cable is easily spotted.
If I buy another I will choose the clear cable, assuming similar price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 1 minute ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › Not Happy with my current setup. Details inside. Need help picking... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 3 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR v700dj mod. lol. 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)