- 95 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 3/7/16 at 5:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 3/1/16 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 78
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Logitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
That sounds like a great idea.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother
I've owned it since it came out :P Trust me when I say it served me well, just really wish it could serve a bit longer.
I think the white one is actually clear. Only difference should be the color.
Okay I'm late to the game..
Just replaced my E2 with SE215 and just wanted to give my first impression (one that supprised me)
+ looks much better
+ great cable
+ good fit (for me)
+ more bass
+ no microphonics (was nod a big problem on E2)
- Instrument separation
In relation to the two last evaluations, I expected the new SE215 to be better on all accounts and are frankly supprised to find that I like the sound of the old ones better, before I could here musicians breath and fingers running along strings, now they are gone....
Is it just me or have others experienced this ?
Will it get better after burn-in ?
Is it the difference from dynamic to armature drivers (I just have to accept) ?
Ps: I made the change as the cable on the E2C is close to broke, now I consider re-wiring or making them into costums.
Just got those and trying them out. The sound is really good if I finally find a fit..
because damn those are hard to properly fit into my ears, it seems my left ear is no problem at all, I snap it in quite easily, but my right ear just won't get a comfortable fit..
It seems the right ear piece doesn't fit into my ear shell somehow.. but maybe I just really have to get used to putting those in..
after 4 hours: left ear: comfortable! Right ear.. hurts as hell.. just doesn't fit like my left ear. Ahh! this annoys me so much while I can't return those :(
Edited by DylanJohn - 5/14/13 at 1:13pm
I have the black cable that came with my black SE215 and I have a clear cable I purchased. They are identical in length. The black cable jacket is smooth while the clear cable's is feels slightly braided. You can both see and feel this. The single piece that runs from the jack to the split is noticably thicker on the black cable and after the split the clear cable is very slightly thinner. The different colour cables use a very slightly different sliding keeper. On the clear cable you can see the memory wire. On the black cable I only got to see the memory wire when the jacket split and the wire poked through :-(
The clear braided wire is slightly more flexible/less stiff than the black wire. I find it a little more convenient. There is no difference in sound or in the jack or the connectors. The keeper on the clear wire is only stiff out of the box. Once you've used it then it's no different to using the one on the black cable.
My black cable is about 14 months old and came with the 'phones. I purchased the clear cable this month from a Shure dealer.
Edited by julian67 - 5/16/13 at 6:56am
I don't detect a sound difference.
I just rechecked and the lengths of my Black and Clear cables are identical.
Possible benefit of the Clear:
You can easily see the red dot on the right side and the green dot on the left. This matters when you connect the cable to the IEMs because you are supposed to align the dot on the cable with the dot on the IEM body. Finding a black dot on a black cable is pretty hard and next to impossible unless somewhere brightly lit.
You can see the memory wire. It seems to be the memory wire that pokes through the cable outer and also damages the audio cable. This is how my black cable died. At least on the clear cable you can see trouble coming.
The clear cable is definitely stiffer and naturally has a tendency to retain shape. I find this useful as it doesn't flap about quite so much and I notice I no longer keep snagging on door handles and cupboard handles. I expect the clear cable to last longer for this reason alone.
I have tons of black cables for different products. I am not a tidy person. Black Shures with a black cable used to disappear on me A shiny silvery white cable is easily spotted.
If I buy another I will choose the clear cable, assuming similar price.
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 47 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 1 minute ago
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 6 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by B9Scrambler
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...