- 61 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SE215 IEM Issues - Cutting out audio? Last post on 3/15/13 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help a noob out: Shure SE215 Vs. Klipsch S4i Last post on 9/29/12 at 4:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 78post #1156 of 11674/21/13 at 5:39amLogitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 11674/21/13 at 8:57ampost #1158 of 11674/21/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
Logitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
That sounds like a great idea.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmotherpost #1159 of 11674/21/13 at 1:08pmO_O How long did you have it? That's crazy...I use the mic cable but the stock seemed so beastly...weird.post #1160 of 11674/23/13 at 11:51amQuote:
I've owned it since it came out :P Trust me when I say it served me well, just really wish it could serve a bit longer.post #1161 of 11674/29/13 at 9:32ampost #1162 of 11674/30/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I think the white one is actually clear. Only difference should be the color.post #1163 of 11674/30/13 at 10:02amIf it's the same cable as on the se535 then the clear cable is a lot stiffer and slightly shorter than the black. It seems more durable, but harder to handle. The neck tie bit is particularly hard to move up and down. I have se535 clear and se215 black.post #1164 of 11675/4/13 at 7:20am
Okay I'm late to the game..
Just replaced my E2 with SE215 and just wanted to give my first impression (one that supprised me)
+ looks much better
+ great cable
+ good fit (for me)
+ more bass
+ no microphonics (was nod a big problem on E2)
- Instrument separation
In relation to the two last evaluations, I expected the new SE215 to be better on all accounts and are frankly supprised to find that I like the sound of the old ones better, before I could here musicians breath and fingers running along strings, now they are gone....
Is it just me or have others experienced this ?
Will it get better after burn-in ?
Is it the difference from dynamic to armature drivers (I just have to accept) ?
Ps: I made the change as the cable on the E2C is close to broke, now I consider re-wiring or making them into costums.post #1165 of 11675/14/13 at 8:32am
Just got those and trying them out. The sound is really good if I finally find a fit..
because damn those are hard to properly fit into my ears, it seems my left ear is no problem at all, I snap it in quite easily, but my right ear just won't get a comfortable fit..
It seems the right ear piece doesn't fit into my ear shell somehow.. but maybe I just really have to get used to putting those in..
after 4 hours: left ear: comfortable! Right ear.. hurts as hell.. just doesn't fit like my left ear. Ahh! this annoys me so much while I can't return those :(
Edited by DylanJohn - 5/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1166 of 11675/15/13 at 10:58ampost #1167 of 11675/16/13 at 5:15amQuote:Quote:
I have the black cable that came with my black SE215 and I have a clear cable I purchased. They are identical in length. The black cable jacket is smooth while the clear cable's is feels slightly braided. You can both see and feel this. The single piece that runs from the jack to the split is noticably thicker on the black cable and after the split the clear cable is very slightly thinner. The different colour cables use a very slightly different sliding keeper. On the clear cable you can see the memory wire. On the black cable I only got to see the memory wire when the jacket split and the wire poked through :-(
The clear braided wire is slightly more flexible/less stiff than the black wire. I find it a little more convenient. There is no difference in sound or in the jack or the connectors. The keeper on the clear wire is only stiff out of the box. Once you've used it then it's no different to using the one on the black cable.
My black cable is about 14 months old and came with the 'phones. I purchased the clear cable this month from a Shure dealer.
Edited by julian67 - 5/16/13 at 6:56amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Any Meets coming up in SAN Diego? 7 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 26 seconds ago
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo Impressions, Reviews & Discussion Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables... 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - FitEar 334 and... 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Best Headphone/speaker amp under 400$ 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe