- 128 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 3/7/16 at 5:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 3/1/16 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Introduction Meze 99 Neo – The new classic headphone from Meze. Meze 99 Neo is the new headphone, or rather a headphone with a twist from the Romanian headphone producer Meze....
The AKG K550 revisited. At the time, shortly after I bought my Audio Technica A900Xs I had auditioned the AKG's and I felt my choice for the A900Xs was the right one. I felt the K550s had this...
I have got these recently and I am very happy with my purchase. Denon has not failed me so far and I have used few of their products. I think somebody in Denon knows that the high quality will make...
Edifier K180 Communicator Earbud In many ways the Edifier H180 is a classic. As of 2017, they have been around for four years, earning a nice reputation at Head-Fi. The slightly different K180...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 78post #1156 of 19074/21/13 at 5:39amLogitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1157 of 19074/21/13 at 8:57ampost #1158 of 19074/21/13 at 1:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by gtcharlie
Logitech UE900 replacement cables work with the Shure 215's and are only $15 for ones without in line mic controls, $25 with the controls. Much lighter but still pretty long. Does Shure sell replacement cables? If so the stock cables that come with the limited version are shorter.
That sounds like a great idea.
You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmotherpost #1159 of 19074/21/13 at 1:08pmO_O How long did you have it? That's crazy...I use the mic cable but the stock seemed so beastly...weird.post #1160 of 19074/23/13 at 11:51amQuote:
I've owned it since it came out :P Trust me when I say it served me well, just really wish it could serve a bit longer.post #1161 of 19074/29/13 at 9:32ampost #1162 of 19074/30/13 at 8:26amQuote:
I think the white one is actually clear. Only difference should be the color.post #1163 of 19074/30/13 at 10:02amIf it's the same cable as on the se535 then the clear cable is a lot stiffer and slightly shorter than the black. It seems more durable, but harder to handle. The neck tie bit is particularly hard to move up and down. I have se535 clear and se215 black.post #1164 of 19075/4/13 at 7:20am
Okay I'm late to the game..
Just replaced my E2 with SE215 and just wanted to give my first impression (one that supprised me)
+ looks much better
+ great cable
+ good fit (for me)
+ more bass
+ no microphonics (was nod a big problem on E2)
- Instrument separation
In relation to the two last evaluations, I expected the new SE215 to be better on all accounts and are frankly supprised to find that I like the sound of the old ones better, before I could here musicians breath and fingers running along strings, now they are gone....
Is it just me or have others experienced this ?
Will it get better after burn-in ?
Is it the difference from dynamic to armature drivers (I just have to accept) ?
Ps: I made the change as the cable on the E2C is close to broke, now I consider re-wiring or making them into costums.post #1165 of 19075/14/13 at 8:32am
Just got those and trying them out. The sound is really good if I finally find a fit..
because damn those are hard to properly fit into my ears, it seems my left ear is no problem at all, I snap it in quite easily, but my right ear just won't get a comfortable fit..
It seems the right ear piece doesn't fit into my ear shell somehow.. but maybe I just really have to get used to putting those in..
after 4 hours: left ear: comfortable! Right ear.. hurts as hell.. just doesn't fit like my left ear. Ahh! this annoys me so much while I can't return those :(
Edited by DylanJohn - 5/14/13 at 1:13pmpost #1166 of 19075/15/13 at 10:58ampost #1167 of 19075/16/13 at 5:15amQuote:Quote:
I have the black cable that came with my black SE215 and I have a clear cable I purchased. They are identical in length. The black cable jacket is smooth while the clear cable's is feels slightly braided. You can both see and feel this. The single piece that runs from the jack to the split is noticably thicker on the black cable and after the split the clear cable is very slightly thinner. The different colour cables use a very slightly different sliding keeper. On the clear cable you can see the memory wire. On the black cable I only got to see the memory wire when the jacket split and the wire poked through :-(
The clear braided wire is slightly more flexible/less stiff than the black wire. I find it a little more convenient. There is no difference in sound or in the jack or the connectors. The keeper on the clear wire is only stiff out of the box. Once you've used it then it's no different to using the one on the black cable.
My black cable is about 14 months old and came with the 'phones. I purchased the clear cable this month from a Shure dealer.
Edited by julian67 - 5/16/13 at 6:56ampost #1168 of 19075/28/13 at 7:21ampost #1169 of 19075/28/13 at 11:31pmpost #1170 of 19075/29/13 at 3:46pmQuote:
I don't detect a sound difference.
I just rechecked and the lengths of my Black and Clear cables are identical.
Possible benefit of the Clear:
You can easily see the red dot on the right side and the green dot on the left. This matters when you connect the cable to the IEMs because you are supposed to align the dot on the cable with the dot on the IEM body. Finding a black dot on a black cable is pretty hard and next to impossible unless somewhere brightly lit.
You can see the memory wire. It seems to be the memory wire that pokes through the cable outer and also damages the audio cable. This is how my black cable died. At least on the clear cable you can see trouble coming.
The clear cable is definitely stiffer and naturally has a tendency to retain shape. I find this useful as it doesn't flap about quite so much and I notice I no longer keep snagging on door handles and cupboard handles. I expect the clear cable to last longer for this reason alone.
I have tons of black cables for different products. I am not a tidy person. Black Shures with a black cable used to disappear on me A shiny silvery white cable is easily spotted.
If I buy another I will choose the clear cable, assuming similar price.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › What are the advantages of a Music Streamer or Network Streamer? 30 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 42 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Meze 99 Neo by Dobrescu George
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Mrobo C5 2.0 by crabdog
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear