- 3,114 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 76post #1126 of 132611/12/12 at 3:20pmAww yeah, glad you are digging the HJEs dude :-D Sometimes I wish I still had a pair, they have such a unique sound. Do you prefer the 3Ai or HJE? I've been curious about the Heirs lately.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 132611/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.post #1128 of 132611/13/12 at 1:20pmpost #1129 of 132611/14/12 at 8:20ampost #1130 of 13261/10/13 at 10:19ampost #1131 of 13261/18/13 at 12:03pm
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5.post #1132 of 13261/26/13 at 11:06pmpost #1133 of 13261/27/13 at 7:33ampost #1134 of 13261/27/13 at 10:49amThey isolate well and have good bass presence without being overwhelming. Seems like a decent choice.post #1135 of 13261/27/13 at 11:50ampost #1136 of 13261/28/13 at 8:38am
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/28/13 at 8:40ampost #1137 of 13261/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #1138 of 13262/5/13 at 8:01pm
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?
Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?post #1139 of 13262/5/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.post #1140 of 13262/5/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RawrAnOcean
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.
Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 30 seconds ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 48 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation II Review 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › All New! AK100 II and AK120 II 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)