- 3,136 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Tralucent Audio Reference 1 – With Comparisons I would first like to give a huge thanks to Head-Fi member, warrior1975 for loaning me his Ref. 1 and TWau cable for review. I was...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 76post #1126 of 134311/12/12 at 3:20pmAww yeah, glad you are digging the HJEs dude :-D Sometimes I wish I still had a pair, they have such a unique sound. Do you prefer the 3Ai or HJE? I've been curious about the Heirs lately.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 134311/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.post #1128 of 134311/13/12 at 1:20pmpost #1129 of 134311/14/12 at 8:20ampost #1130 of 13431/10/13 at 10:19ampost #1131 of 13431/18/13 at 12:03pm
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5.post #1132 of 13431/26/13 at 11:06pmpost #1133 of 13431/27/13 at 7:33ampost #1134 of 13431/27/13 at 10:49amThey isolate well and have good bass presence without being overwhelming. Seems like a decent choice.post #1135 of 13431/27/13 at 11:50ampost #1136 of 13431/28/13 at 8:38am
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/28/13 at 8:40ampost #1137 of 13431/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #1138 of 13432/5/13 at 8:01pm
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?
Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?post #1139 of 13432/5/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.post #1140 of 13432/5/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RawrAnOcean
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.
Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 46 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 51 seconds ago
- › emotivas new stealth 8 powered monitors any impressions? 53 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)