- 3,126 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 76post #1126 of 133711/12/12 at 3:20pmAww yeah, glad you are digging the HJEs dude :-D Sometimes I wish I still had a pair, they have such a unique sound. Do you prefer the 3Ai or HJE? I've been curious about the Heirs lately.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 133711/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.post #1128 of 133711/13/12 at 1:20pmpost #1129 of 133711/14/12 at 8:20ampost #1130 of 13371/10/13 at 10:19ampost #1131 of 13371/18/13 at 12:03pm
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5.post #1132 of 13371/26/13 at 11:06pmpost #1133 of 13371/27/13 at 7:33ampost #1134 of 13371/27/13 at 10:49amThey isolate well and have good bass presence without being overwhelming. Seems like a decent choice.post #1135 of 13371/27/13 at 11:50ampost #1136 of 13371/28/13 at 8:38am
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/28/13 at 8:40ampost #1137 of 13371/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #1138 of 13372/5/13 at 8:01pm
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?
Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?post #1139 of 13372/5/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.post #1140 of 13372/5/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RawrAnOcean
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.
Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 8 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 20 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 30 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon M2 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 3 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 4 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)