- 3,180 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 8/9/12 at 3:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 76post #1126 of 138911/12/12 at 3:20pmAww yeah, glad you are digging the HJEs dude :-D Sometimes I wish I still had a pair, they have such a unique sound. Do you prefer the 3Ai or HJE? I've been curious about the Heirs lately.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 138911/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.post #1128 of 138911/13/12 at 1:20pmpost #1129 of 138911/14/12 at 8:20ampost #1130 of 13891/10/13 at 10:19ampost #1131 of 13891/18/13 at 12:03pm
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5.post #1132 of 13891/26/13 at 11:06pmpost #1133 of 13891/27/13 at 7:33ampost #1134 of 13891/27/13 at 10:49amThey isolate well and have good bass presence without being overwhelming. Seems like a decent choice.post #1135 of 13891/27/13 at 11:50ampost #1136 of 13891/28/13 at 8:38am
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/28/13 at 8:40ampost #1137 of 13891/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #1138 of 13892/5/13 at 8:01pm
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?
Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?post #1139 of 13892/5/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.post #1140 of 13892/5/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RawrAnOcean
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.
Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro Without Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 5 minutes ago
- › do WOMEN like HEAD-FI?? 5 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › ___*****AKG K612 in Excellent Condition, Terrific Performance and... 5 minutes ago
- › DAP Recommendation 7 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)