- 4,174 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: West Coast
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure - Very Poor Customer Service in Hong Kong Last post on 3/7/16 at 5:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 3/1/16 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 76post #1126 of 183011/12/12 at 3:20pmAww yeah, glad you are digging the HJEs dude :-D Sometimes I wish I still had a pair, they have such a unique sound. Do you prefer the 3Ai or HJE? I've been curious about the Heirs lately.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1127 of 183011/12/12 at 10:33pm
I'm honestly not quite sure what it is I like about both of them. I still haven't really compared the two directly because I've just been getting an overall feel for the three pairs I mentioned. I'd have to say the 3.Ai does just about everything the HJEs do, but a little better. The only thing I've really been more impressed with on the HJEs compared to the 3.Ai is the realism of drums and the like. I think the dynamic just does it better in that regard. I'll do some A/B and let you know.post #1128 of 183011/13/12 at 1:20pmpost #1129 of 183011/14/12 at 8:20ampost #1130 of 18301/10/13 at 10:19ampost #1131 of 18301/18/13 at 12:03pm
I went through the same thing between the shure and r50. I got the 215 for xmas and am now returning to them. They don't have the sound I like. Lots of bass, and lots of unclean too much for my liking and the width isnt what i wanted to hear. I ordered the r50 and am now waiting. In the meantime Im rocking the e2c's and the hf5.post #1132 of 18301/26/13 at 11:06pmpost #1133 of 18301/27/13 at 7:33ampost #1134 of 18301/27/13 at 10:49amThey isolate well and have good bass presence without being overwhelming. Seems like a decent choice.post #1135 of 18301/27/13 at 11:50ampost #1136 of 18301/28/13 at 8:38am
Yeah the SE215 aren't a STELLAR value when compared to the real bang-for-buck performers in the $80-$100 range, but they perform better than most stuff out there for the money as an all-rounder, and the build with such sturdy replaceable cables is pretty much unbeatable at any price point. The SE215 is up there with the Creative Aurvana Live! as my two most often recommended headphones to "average listeners" who are looking to make the step above mainstream audio.Quote:
Edited by Gilly87 - 1/28/13 at 8:40ampost #1137 of 18301/28/13 at 6:25pmpost #1138 of 18302/5/13 at 8:01pm
How durable is the SE215? I want to use these for working out, running, biking, shooting some hoops, etc. Anyone who has had these and have used them in the gym since day 1 have any input?
Also, is the sound quality worth it over the much cheaper SoundMAGIC E10?post #1139 of 18302/5/13 at 8:29pmQuote:
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.post #1140 of 18302/5/13 at 10:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by RawrAnOcean
I bought these for gym use and motorcycle highway riding. I don't sweat that much so I don't know if they are super sweat resistant. I do a lot of Olympic lifts so I get the cord tossed around and yanked out. Definitely lasted longer than my other IEMs. They seem very durable. Had them for maybe a year and I lift/run/bike 4-5 times a week.
Thanks for the info. Will be picking these up then.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X1 Swollen Battery 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R DAP - Dual ES9018K2M, Balanced Out, Android 5.1,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 minutes ago
- › Creative G5 discussion and reviews 10 minutes ago
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear