- 109 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - No affiliate links permitted! Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SE215 IEM Issues - Cutting out audio? Last post on 3/15/13 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help a noob out: Shure SE215 Vs. Klipsch S4i Last post on 9/29/12 at 4:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
The JVC HA M750's were my first "real" pair of headphones. Previously, I had just used iPod headphones and cheap 10 dollar headphones from my local grocery store. As such, I was very impressed by...
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 71post #1051 of 11671/13/12 at 2:51pmDid you get the triple flange tips?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 11671/13/12 at 3:09pm
Yup. Haven't tried them yet. So today I'm listening to the 215s Pure Music/Macbook/Bithead. Man these things sound thin. Yeah the were in the wrong ears. Idiot..... Sounds much. much better now.post #1053 of 11671/13/12 at 3:59pm
Dang it. Well this sucks.. So I'm wondering why the ones at Fry's doesn't have those tips packaged with the others..
So I skimmed through some recent, pointless review videos on youtube on the 215 that were posted a month ago. The kid didn't have them in his either. Looked at Shure's website on their description of what is included and the online user guide; those as well does not mention nor visually show that those tips are suppose to be included.
Really curious now; if those tips are only included in the older batches of the 215's and the "supposedly fixed - new batches" of the 215's does not include those tips... I just tried calling Shure, but they're offices are closed. Should have called earlier..
Edited by TheExile - 1/13/12 at 4:07pmpost #1054 of 11671/13/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
The tris didn't come with the 215s. I ordered them separately. I'm happy with the medium olives
Edited by lextek - 1/13/12 at 4:07pmpost #1055 of 11671/13/12 at 9:46pm
My boss has the 315s and from what he says they sound very different from my 215s. If you like the Shure mid-centric sound but want a different sound, they might be worth a look.
Quote:post #1056 of 11671/14/12 at 4:50ampost #1057 of 11671/14/12 at 5:56amQuote:Originally Posted by TheExile
So.. after much reading, digging around and anticipation, I decided to pick up a pair from a local Fry's.
Despite the horrific reviews I've been reading about earlier batches having problems; I question and worry if I will end up with the same problem.
I got the clear-black one and been listening to some; dvorak, tchaikovsky, tiesto, lil wayne, red and abr... pretty damn impressed, not gonna' lie.
Only thing that is sort of bothering me is.. it's missing the triple flange silicone tips. Didn't you guys get those with yours? I was excited and immediately opened mine in my car at Fry's parking lot to see everything inside... I was under the impression they are suppose to come with the triple flanges. So I went back inside and we opened another box at customer service to see if they were in there. Nope.
What? No triple flange tips. Hmm :(
Just double checked the back of my (twice knackered) shures and no triple flanges included. Stock and olives only.
post #1058 of 11671/16/12 at 2:17ampost #1059 of 11671/16/12 at 8:16am
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!post #1060 of 11671/16/12 at 8:17amQuote:
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!post #1061 of 11671/16/12 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by flash52595
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!
BTW I took really good care of the PL-50's. I played them at high volume on a Cowon J3 no amp and the driver sounded like it was ripping. Then the driver just totally died.post #1062 of 11671/16/12 at 2:25pmpost #1063 of 11671/18/12 at 1:58pm
OK I bought em.
They sound quite nice and seem sturdy.
Does any one know if cables like these make the sound any better?post #1064 of 11671/18/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by lobbleton
OK I bought em.
They sound quite nice and seem sturdy.
Does any one know if cables like these make the sound any better?
Those cables look pretty stiff to me. I don't know if the a cable upgrade is needed for the 215s. I like the stock cable with the memory wire section and no microphonics. I'd also be concerned about the connector on the IEM sidepost #1065 of 11671/18/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
I use them straight out of my HTC Desire HD. Tried with FiiO E5 which actually lessened SQ to my ears. They sound great on their own IMO.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 11 seconds ago
- › TDK BA200 - Impressions and Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DX50 a new smaller DAP coming from iBasso. . .Specifications page... 1 minute ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › FitEar Parterre (パルテール) Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 1 minute ago
- › How good is audio quality on Galaxy Note? 2 minutes ago
- › First good earphones! 2 minutes ago
- › How do you carry around expensive IEMs with you? 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe