- 122 Posts. Joined 5/2011
- Location: IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 2/28/11
- brandShuretagged by System, 2/28/11
- productShure SE215 Blacktagged by System, 3/12/11
- productShure SE215 Cleartagged by System, 3/10/11
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/27/11
- productUltimate Ears Super.fi 3 Studio Earphones (White)tagged by System, 3/4/11
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 3/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 1/27/12 at 5:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure Se215 or Westone 1 or phenok audeo pfe 012?? Last post on 10/16/11 at 4:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SE215 IEM Issues - Cutting out audio? Last post on 3/15/13 at 7:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help a noob out: Shure SE215 Vs. Klipsch S4i Last post on 9/29/12 at 4:08pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/17/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
New Shure SE215 - First Impressions - Page 71post #1051 of 12881/13/12 at 2:51pmDid you get the triple flange tips?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1052 of 12881/13/12 at 3:09pm
Yup. Haven't tried them yet. So today I'm listening to the 215s Pure Music/Macbook/Bithead. Man these things sound thin. Yeah the were in the wrong ears. Idiot..... Sounds much. much better now.post #1053 of 12881/13/12 at 3:59pm
Dang it. Well this sucks.. So I'm wondering why the ones at Fry's doesn't have those tips packaged with the others..
So I skimmed through some recent, pointless review videos on youtube on the 215 that were posted a month ago. The kid didn't have them in his either. Looked at Shure's website on their description of what is included and the online user guide; those as well does not mention nor visually show that those tips are suppose to be included.
Really curious now; if those tips are only included in the older batches of the 215's and the "supposedly fixed - new batches" of the 215's does not include those tips... I just tried calling Shure, but they're offices are closed. Should have called earlier..
Edited by TheExile - 1/13/12 at 4:07pmpost #1054 of 12881/13/12 at 4:02pmQuote:
The tris didn't come with the 215s. I ordered them separately. I'm happy with the medium olives
Edited by lextek - 1/13/12 at 4:07pmpost #1055 of 12881/13/12 at 9:46pm
My boss has the 315s and from what he says they sound very different from my 215s. If you like the Shure mid-centric sound but want a different sound, they might be worth a look.
Quote:post #1056 of 12881/14/12 at 4:50ampost #1057 of 12881/14/12 at 5:56amQuote:Originally Posted by TheExile
So.. after much reading, digging around and anticipation, I decided to pick up a pair from a local Fry's.
Despite the horrific reviews I've been reading about earlier batches having problems; I question and worry if I will end up with the same problem.
I got the clear-black one and been listening to some; dvorak, tchaikovsky, tiesto, lil wayne, red and abr... pretty damn impressed, not gonna' lie.
Only thing that is sort of bothering me is.. it's missing the triple flange silicone tips. Didn't you guys get those with yours? I was excited and immediately opened mine in my car at Fry's parking lot to see everything inside... I was under the impression they are suppose to come with the triple flanges. So I went back inside and we opened another box at customer service to see if they were in there. Nope.
What? No triple flange tips. Hmm :(
Just double checked the back of my (twice knackered) shures and no triple flanges included. Stock and olives only.
post #1058 of 12881/16/12 at 2:17ampost #1059 of 12881/16/12 at 8:16am
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!post #1060 of 12881/16/12 at 8:17amQuote:
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!post #1061 of 12881/16/12 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by flash52595
I really doubt they would die in only a year, ( I've had these for three months with absolutely no problem) especially if you take good care of them (putting them in it's case, not wrapping them around your ipod etc.). If anything the Shure's should last until the drivers give out, come on the wires are reinforced with KEVLAR!!!
BTW I took really good care of the PL-50's. I played them at high volume on a Cowon J3 no amp and the driver sounded like it was ripping. Then the driver just totally died.post #1062 of 12881/16/12 at 2:25pmpost #1063 of 12881/18/12 at 1:58pm
OK I bought em.
They sound quite nice and seem sturdy.
Does any one know if cables like these make the sound any better?post #1064 of 12881/18/12 at 2:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by lobbleton
OK I bought em.
They sound quite nice and seem sturdy.
Does any one know if cables like these make the sound any better?
Those cables look pretty stiff to me. I don't know if the a cable upgrade is needed for the 215s. I like the stock cable with the memory wire section and no microphonics. I'd also be concerned about the connector on the IEM sidepost #1065 of 12881/18/12 at 4:34pmQuote:
I use them straight out of my HTC Desire HD. Tried with FiiO E5 which actually lessened SQ to my ears. They sound great on their own IMO.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New Shure SE215 - First Impressions
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 23 seconds ago
- › Question about tube amps 42 seconds ago
- › Searching a new MP3 player 45 seconds ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD 56 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 Pictures and Impressions! 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › electronic cigarette-fi 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe